Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 10:21   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Is it because they fear people will go for the diesel, rather than their Revotron Petrol, if the diesel had a similar top end variant with AMT?
This assumptions doesn't look true to me. IMO, diesel XT, the top end trim got to be the most expensive. If they add AMT to that, it becomes more expensive on paper, right in the new Fieata teritory To start with, Tata wouldn't want their product to be percieved as costly, when compared to the direct competetion, which is Dzire/Amaze. If no other problem is there, then we could see a diesel AMT XT in future, if Zest sales like hot cakes and if their is a heavier demand for AMT equipped trims.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 10:39   #1037
Senior - BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
This assumptions doesn't look true to me. IMO, diesel XT, the top end trim got to be the most expensive. If they add AMT to that, it becomes more expensive on paper, right in the new Fieata teritory To start with, Tata wouldn't want their product to be percieved as costly, when compared to the direct competetion, which is Dzire/Amaze. If no other problem is there, then we could see a diesel AMT XT in future, if Zest sales like hot cakes and if their is a heavier demand for AMT equipped trims.
Ok, i agree in part, with you. I was given to believe the MM sourced AMT isn't a very pricey option, when compared to a regular Autobox. Still, your point is valid. Tata could have done some work to fit an AMT top end on diesel as well and see how they could price it without going over the roof. I hope they do this sooner than later.

What will work for them is a not so top end trim as i've read in this very thread, some members who want AMT but don't care for features. At least, Tata has made efforts to satisfy such a market. I will have to wait for a Diesel AMT XT variant, if at all Tata ever makes and releases one.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 11:11   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
...The mileage figures dont look so promising.
Don't go by the figures in the MID please. Power Drift reported ~15 kmpl for both in City conditions.
Old 16th July 2014, 11:28   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Does the music system accept CDs?
Old 16th July 2014, 11:35   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Does the music system accept CDs?
I am not very sure, but read somewhere that new touchscreen system, does not support CD's. Tata has termed CD system to be obsolete and legacy, and has ignored the same.
Old 16th July 2014, 11:47   #1041
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
See what auto journalists are saying about Zest!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=cXy7tDDn59M
The larger question is whether these comments were gathered before cocktails or after high tea, because "off the record" some of the people quoted and shown here are saying stuff that is, to say the least gently, different.

And now the reviews also don't seem to mesh.
Old 16th July 2014, 11:53   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Attachment 1262231

Apart from all the positives and negatives being discussed here for the right reasons, it is disappointing that such spelling errors take place in a car that has just rolled off an assembly line ('Break' instead of 'Brake').

It is probably a simple task for the OEM manufacturer to program and correct the spelling but these small things sometime reflect the lack of attention to detail, in this case by a big company like Tata Motors.
Hopefully, its re-programmable !

Really like the effort TATA has put in the car especially the interior. It was about time for them I think and had to differentiate from mundane stuff.
Old 16th July 2014, 12:18   #1043
BHPian

Supremely impressed with the Zest. Seeing TaMo come out with an excellent product while dealing with falling market-share in a slow market tells me ALOT about how passionate the parent company is.

I also read somewhere that Tata is going to improve the PDI process through a specailised team to look over the fitness etc (i.e. this is something like TATA looking over the PDI such that only a fully fit product leaves the dealer showroom). If true, great move IMO. The regular consumer would know little about what to actually look for during the PDI - he/she is too busy being excited about the new car purchase.

In the previous pages I think I read that someone was concerned about post sales service, I personally believe that as long as one stays with the car during service, they'd be all right. And anyway Tata has always been fair enough to make spares available OTC for those who prefer getting things done outside A.S.C.

In the end I'd say KUDOS to Late Mr.Karl Slym. A product primarily been conceived by a visionary with a brilliant open mind & a talent to get things done (with a decent sense of humor too). Truly, quite an all round genius. BIG shoes to fill.

P.S. : And btw, I guess a simple software update would change the "Break" to "Brake".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
...it is disappointing that such spelling errors take place in a car that has just rolled off an assembly line ('Break' instead of 'Brake')....It is probably a simple task for the OEM manufacturer to program and correct the spelling but these small things sometime reflect the lack of attention to detail, in this case by a big company like Tata Motors.
Can I have the guts to say that you're being finicky? C'mon, of all the things one could say with their first thoughts(first comment after media drive right?) you chose to spellcheck!?

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 16th July 2014 at 12:38.
WorkingGuru is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 12:56   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Can I have the guts to say that you're being finicky? C'mon, of all the things one could say with their first thoughts(first comment after media drive right?) you chose to spellcheck!?
Yes, you are welcome to call it that. But fact is, that such errors are passable if seen on the back of an interstate travel bus (Caution Air Break!) but definitely not expected to be there in an upcoming vehicle during its launch period. If you read my post carefully, I have valued the positive and negative comments about the Zest, but having not driven one yet, I can only comment on what is visible to the eye.

Trust me there would have been a huge discussion if such an error was found in a German car. Why let it go then when an Indian manufacturer does the same? Being unbiased means we have to discuss issues of all kind (very big or very small). Every Team-BHP Official review reflects this ideology.

My family has owned Tata cars for seven years (Indica V2 and Indigo LS), and they served us very well. But I would still say that its about time that they (the company) and we stop overlooking such errors which should not exist in the first place.

Last edited by Stratos : 16th July 2014 at 13:02.
Stratos is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 15:26   #1045
Senior - BHPian

ACI have compared the Zest with it's main competitors, viz - DZire, Amaze & Accent. The Zest comes out on top.

Here is link to the report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-389275.aspx/0

Don't ask me how... proof of the pudding is in eating it.

I can only say - Good job Tata .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 22:07   #1046
Senior - BHPian

The car really is awesome, just can't get over it. Seeing pics and comparing specs all day. There's just SO MUCH MORE offered than the competition. I really wonder how they'll price it.

Confusion is that the car deserves a good rewarding price IMPO, but will they price it based on that or on what's called 'Market Forces'? Anyway.

Does anyone know when bookings open?
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 22:17   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Does anyone know when bookings open?
I called a Concorde showroom today & they said likely date of launch is 16th August. Huge advance build-up this, maybe too long?
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 22:56   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I called a Concorde showroom today & they said likely date of launch is 16th August. Huge advance build-up this, maybe too long?
Ok, then maybe test drives will start in a week or so. Eager to get my hands on to TD the turbo-petrol & Auto diesel. Maybe I'll try tweeting someone from the top mgmt so they can put me in touch.

Once people start seeing the car on the roads - curiosity grows and so does demand. Hope they've started the production to meet the initial demand surge.
Old 16th July 2014, 23:34   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Looking at the general positivity surrounding Zest, Tata would be expecting a deluge of orders (esp. Zest AMT) once it is launched. Tata would want build up a decent inventory before the launch and, hence, the delay IMO. Celerio AMT commanded a big waiting period initially. Not sure what's the situation now. I believe Tata would have enough production capacity to satisfy the demand as it was once a regular visitor to 20k units a month, and now it is down to 8k units.
Old 16th July 2014, 23:56   #1050
BHPian

I think diesel AMT is a super step from Tata. If other things fall in place, and it does look like it will, Tata has a intelligent product here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks