Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 14:22   #976
Senior - BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Hopefully people will look beyond the exterior looks and will have a look inside also. The exterior is not that great for a company that wants to make a come back into the Indian mindset.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:30   #977
Senior - BHPian

I hope this is incorrect on AutoCar's part, but if it isn't, Drum brakes for front also? In these times?

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-0_0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aureviewszestfinal.jpg
Old 14th July 2014, 15:35   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I hope this is incorrect on AutoCar's part, but if it isn't, Drum brakes for front also? In these times?
Definitely not. I guess most reviews are sacrificing attention to details & mistakes to come out with quick reviews. To get the best, TBHP is among the best one stop solution
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 15:50   #979
BHPian

Very Positive comments by Adil Jal Darukhanawala on the Tata Zest. Like the slogan he has given at the end of the article Abki baar Tata Car

The car looks Amazing & i am hoping it gives tough competition to Dezire & Amaze

http://zeenews.india.com/business/au...ed_103862.html
highwaycruizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 15:58   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Overdrive review looks completely biased against Tata. Motoroids is a good balanced one. Auto car review ain't opening somehow.
I don't care for all these reviews. I will take the verdict which t-bhp official review will give.
Actually Overdrive review tries compare it to what ever extent possible with the competition which is what will count. Of course this is no comparo.

Though every mag / site is now appreciating the effort put in by Tata Motors, i'm not sure any one is going to buy the car only cause Tata Motors have finally managed to turn around a decent car. How Zest stacks up to the competition is what will ultimately decide the fate.

And OD review does end on a positive note when it says that this is a brilliant package overall though it does not excel at any single aspect.

Quote:
Verdict

So is the Tata Zest a better car than the rest of the cars in this segment. I don’t think so, but for the first time I am willing to consider the Zest in the same segment and to evaluate it on the same stage as the Xcent, the Amaze or the Dzire, all superstar compact sedans. What Tata Motors has done is simply brilliant, they haven’t made a great car but the Zest is a highly competent car that can finally match up to anything else in the segment.
But one thing i absolutely side with you on is the looks! To me it looks like a very well proportioned car no matter what OD says.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 16:32   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
damager21 already shared the trim level details. Looks like AMT will be available with 2 variants of Zest diesel, the mid level: XMA; and the top end: XTA..
Hi, I did see what Damager21 had put up and it looked to me like it was his assumption. Here is a note from Indianautosblog.com's review of the Diesel AMT Zest. And I hope for my sake that they're wrong.

Waiting to learn from TBHP review what the final word on the AMT+diesel variant(s) will be.

Name:  Tata Zest AMT.png
Views: 2909
Size:  220.7 KB

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/07/t...-review-136916
Old 14th July 2014, 16:37   #982
BHPian

Here is powerdrift's review of the zest and bolt in Goa.

Whiplash7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 16:52   #983
BHPian

Here is the link of the NDTV Auto review of the Zest

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/first-d...e-otherstories
Old 14th July 2014, 17:44   #984
BHPian

What ???
Front brakes on the diesel are drums. Seems something wrong in those specs above. Or is it really?

And yes , if we talk about sales numbers ..
June 2014: Tatas have sold about 7900 cars and is positioned at no. 6
where as at number 5 is Toyota with around 12000cars.
So assuming ZEST brings in 5000 odd numbers(yes i think anything beyond that might be too ambitious)
Tata might barely beat Toyota for number 5 spot.

Now when the bolt comes in it might add another 5000 (although total 10000 for Zest and Bolt is again looking too optimistic IMO)
it means 17000 odd cars a month now . which barely manages to get in No.3(Honda) and No.4 (MAHINDRA) territory.
Well now this is where TATAs actually belonged to.

Will be interesting to watch How TATAs are placed in that chart 3 months down the line after both Zest and the Bolt are live.
I really wish TATAs get there.. but 10,000 odd number between Bolt and the ZEST looks a bit too optimistic to me.

Last edited by madhu33 : 14th July 2014 at 18:03.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 18:07   #985
Senior - BHPian

On other thought, just imagine the amount of hopes these two cars mean for TML.

Suppose they do not succeed like hat the TML bosses hoped, what implication does it mean to TML.

Nano failed miserably for no real fault per se of the product. The marketing team of TML killed it in child birth!!

SO, it is important that TML prices the twins competitively.

I loved the product from the pics and hope TML fortunes change.
Old 14th July 2014, 18:18   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

SO, it is important that TML prices the twins competitively.
Except the 1st generation Aria, Tatas have priced their products very sensibly. I am sure they would be priced very competitively. Tata motors, at this juncture, simply cannot afford a failure.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:36   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Except the 1st generation Aria, Tatas have priced their products very sensibly. I am sure they would be priced very competitively. Tata motors, at this juncture, simply cannot afford a failure.
Not arguing about pricing but they did not have a top of the line model like Aria and hence it was priced as such. The blunder was not pricing because we all know Innova sells both as a Taxi and a family car, the problem was niggling issues associated with getting a half baked product into the market. The issues then compounded because Aria unlike other Tata vehicles was very sophisticated or lets say complex and hence very difficult to work on.
Even now they do not have anything as sophisticated as Aria in their line up. Not even the new Zest or Bolt or whatever. Safari Storme is plain watered down.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 20:41   #988
BHPian

Overall I think people have liked Zest as a product. While there are some sore points in terms of car looking similar to Vista, boot looking slightly disproportionate, quality of plastics etc. there are many more positives which makes Zest a winner.

I think in terms of features, ride quality & handling and engine everyone has given a big

Diesel AMT is also appreciated, in fact some of the reviews say that AMT on Zest is much better than Celerio. I am sure this will be music to ears of Tata folks.

Following is a feature list released by RushLane. While I personally like the looks of Amaze, this feature list suddenly makes me feel that Zest is a level or two above Amaze. A reasonable price is all what we expect and the numbers will start rolling for Tata.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest1.png
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest2.png
Name:  Zest3.png
Views: 2747
Size:  384.9 KB

ACI video review

Last edited by damager21 : 14th July 2014 at 21:06.
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 21:06   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
And another one - ' However the petrol isn’t too quick either since soon as you dump the clutch and floor the throttle there is an onboard traction control system that cuts the fuel to prevent wheelspin and you get a small jerk before the engine fires back up again and starts accelerating '
Instead of appreciating the traction control (please remind me which cars in this segment or one plus have this feature).
:(
May i ask how do you know that there is traction control in the ECU? Have they advertised it any where?

If its a closed loop traction control system that reduces the engine output based on wheel spin then even I would say this is a first for an Indian car in this segment and should be taken positively. But on the other hand if it's an open loop system that just limits engine output at a constant rate irrespective of whether there is traction or not at the wheels then this is something that I won't be too happy about.

On the other hand when I booked my Honda amaze diesel EMT I was quite disappointed when I learnt that the top speed is electronically limited to 140 kph because though I seldom drive more than 120 kph I didn't like the fact that my car was not capable of more than 140 kph. But later it really didn't matter to me because I had realized that the car is not very assuring to drive at those speeds especially with just 1 passenger and a driver.
Old 14th July 2014, 22:11   #990
BHPian

Superb article on MotorBeam comparing Zest with Dzire. Zest wins in almost all departments hands down. I think its no brainer that Dzire as a product looks dated now. Both interiors and exteriors look bland.

One of the biggest strengths of Maruti car have been its engines and ride handling. In this aspect as well Tata seems to have done a brilliant job. Zest looks to be a better all round package and a large dealer network should help Tata get huge numbers.

As rightly mentioned in this article, in towns were Hyundai and Honda don't exist, Maruti is the default option leading to huge record sales for Dzire. Now the game seems to be changing with people having one more option to choose from.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dzire-zest1.jpg
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dzire-zest2.jpg
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dzire-zest3.jpg
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dzire-zest4b.jpg
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-dzire-zest6b.jpg

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/tata-z...arison-review/
damager21 is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks