Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2014, 23:37   #781
BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Tatas had me when they mentioned "turbo petrol". Everything else is a bonus for me. AMT in petrol! , superb news. 7 inches infotainment, unbelievable!

The only downside is the boot. I own a Tata Indigo TDI (2008 version), with the huge boot I am used to , I am thinking twice only because of the boot size!
Old 19th June 2014, 09:12   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
Tatas had me when they mentioned "turbo petrol". Everything else is a bonus for me. AMT in petrol! , superb news. 7 inches infotainment, unbelievable!

The only downside is the boot. I own a Tata Indigo TDI (2008 version), with the huge boot I am used to , I am thinking twice only because of the boot size!
Yupp, turbo in a petrol is the key for me too. AMT is icing on the cake here. About the boot size, yes, Zest will be having a smaller size, but how often would you need humongous boot? Zest's boot will be more than enough for most's needs.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:25   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Yupp, turbo in a petrol is the key for me too. AMT is icing on the cake here. About the boot size, yes, Zest will be having a smaller size, but how often would you need humongous boot? Zest's boot will be more than enough for most's needs.
As per specs, Zest's boot is 360 litres, which is marginally above desire's boot (330 litres). If desire can do good numbers, with minimal boot and awarked rear design. I hope Zest will beat the segment leader, with all that gadgets on offer, and better boot that desire.

I am bit disappointed, on the latest update that Zest will be launched in August. I don't know what is stopping them from early launch. Tata could have take the example of Hyundai Xcent. Xcent has already taken many potential Zest buyers.
Old 19th June 2014, 09:58   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per IAB report Tata will launch Zest in August and Bolt in September.
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/t...-launch-133617
I think TML is playing a very dangerous game. Launching new cars in Aug/Sep would mean layman user experience would surface in Sep for the cars, which is very close to the Festival season where a lot of people consider buying a car(this can also been seen in the monthly report threads where there is a 15-20% surge in shipment during Sep/Oct)

This is when MSIL and Hyundai will flood the market with offers/discount for the Grandi10/Xcent/Desire, which would mean the value seeking folks might hesitate to buy the Bolt/Zest. Even a few niggles/issues with Bolt/Zest will make it a uphill task for TML for the rest of the year.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 10:29   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
...This is when MSIL and Hyundai will flood the market with offers/discount for the Grandi10/Xcent/Desire, which would mean the value seeking folks might hesitate to buy the Bolt/Zest. Even a few niggles/issues with Bolt/Zest will make it a uphill task for TML for the rest of the year.
Shouldn't it be that way? TATA is supposed to bring in quality products and this time they better prove it.

Regarding discounts, how much would Maruti offer for Swift / Grand i10 ? 20K max? If TATA plays the value cards well, this difference would be minute to be bothered about.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 10:34   #786
BANNED

On the Tata Bolt & Zest

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I think TML is playing a very dangerous game. Launching new cars in Aug/Sep would mean layman user experience would surface in Sep for the cars, which is very close to the Festival season where a lot of people consider buying a car(this can also been seen in the monthly report threads where there is a 15-20% surge in shipment during Sep/Oct)

Car companies generally target the festive season for their launches, but this year IMO there's an added angle to it. The interim budget will be out beginning of July and implemented a month after.

Now that brings us slap bang at the start of the festivities. With the purported news/ rumours of deregulation and cut back on SOPs, Tata and any other company will be well advised to wait it out for another month.

On the same note, I also believe if the aforementioned is correct, the Revotron engine assumes a lot of importance for Tata. We have witnessed a steady shift in legions of the oil burners to petrol. The news of AMT on petrol versions just make these launches an absolute pivot of fortunes for Tata, and indeed the industry.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by methecupid : 19th June 2014 at 10:39.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 14:02   #787
BHPian

Got some shots of the Zest and Bolt.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-img20140619wa0005.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-img20140619wa0004.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-img20140619wa0003.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-img20140619wa0002.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-img20140619wa0001.jpg  

kutts is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 14:58   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
Got some shots of the Zest and Bolt.
Looks like you had those pics in a dealership? Any interactions with the staff there yielded anything? Did you get to sit inside?
Old 19th June 2014, 17:03   #789
BHPian

Tata Bolt & Zest

Update

Ranjit Yadav, (President of passenger vehicle business at Tata Motors) tweets: "With revamped dealerships across India, we’re all set for the much-awaited launch of the Zest & Bolt!"
KING DYSP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 23:55   #790
BHPian

In the snap shared by kutts, did anyone notice the difference in AC controls. Seems to be a mid variant.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tata-zest-interior1.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tata-zest-interior2.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 02:30   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the snap shared by kutts, did anyone notice the difference in AC controls. Seems to be a mid variant.
Seems like it, because the audio system is different too (Smaller screen and a double row of buttons below the screen).

Interiors look brilliant, but I hope the white steering cover/cladding or whatever doesn't make it to production.
Old 20th June 2014, 09:21   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It should be. Looking at the dash color, this has to be the Bolt and if you see the above pics, the Bolt has only steel wheels. But I am surprised to see the
rear spoiler on it - would be nice if TATA actually offers it on mid variant as well.
Old 20th June 2014, 09:24   #793
BHPian

Looks ok, but nowhere as grand as was showcased in the Auto Expo. Presentation makes SUCH a difference!

Or maybe thats coz this must be the mid-variant. The A/c doesn't have chrome rings, the steering wheel is all-black, music system is different.

Maybe the good stuff like that & the Harman music system will only make it to the Top-Most variant like they did in the Aria.

IMO anyone would say it may different from the Vista in a 100 ways, but EOD its a modified Vista.
Old 20th June 2014, 09:34   #794
BHPian

Interior looks classier than other cars from the Tata Stable. This should give a good competition to Maruti and Honda. If only the niggles weren't carried over to this, would be a winner.

Last edited by aneezan : 20th June 2014 at 09:36.
Old 20th June 2014, 11:20   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
IMO anyone would say it may different from the Vista in a 100 ways, but EOD its a modified Vista.
Yes, it is a modified Vista and NOT a new car. Vista is already good and a modified Vista definitely will have bettered the better in Vista (I really hope for it to be so).

I can vouch for Vista as I do have one in my family which has run for 37K KM in less than 3 years which has never visited the ASS other than for the regular service. It has gone to almost every places in South India in the first 1.5 years and covered 28K KM during that period. Still no rattles which TATA is famous for.

The XETA engine is also good as I do own an Indica XETA since 2006 and it is still going strong. Hope the REVOTRON will definitely be better than XETA, esp. in mileage aspect. I do get 11-12 kmpl in city drive and ~13kmpl while on long drives. I was never stranded in this car which is driven by different drivers my parents hire and hence not "single person driven" car which normally stands good together for longer time. However, the fit and finish of this is very much inferior compared to other cars we had in market then and also has a lot of rattles that TATA is famous for. Other than ASS, I have not faced any problem with this car and with FNG I never need to go to ASS again.

So, all in all, I am a very satisfied owner (barring their ASS) and will again buy another TATA eyes closed. I am sure the ASS might fumble (hope they improve leaps and bounds from their current standard), however, we can find ways around once the warranty period is over. Having said that, my friends who have been to ASS recently say they are an improved lot now (I am yet to experience as I am not going to them now-a-days).
Jakku is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed