Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 12:55   #736
BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The LED tail lamps are just so gorgeous.
Indeed they look good. I liked the way the car looks from every angle. The quality factor, which has been missing on Tata cars is there with Bolt and Zest. I am looking for a new car for my parents and I am following this thread religiously, hehe, hoping one of these will be my parents' new car.
Old 10th June 2014, 14:24   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
Revotron is a newly developed turbo charged petrol engine from TATA. So, reliability can't be promised. Please do extensive research, before going Revotron.
Quote:
I own a TATA product (VISTA), and apart from engine (Fiat), everything else fells apart. The cars goes for service, every 1.5 month with hefty bills. No offense to Tata products though, its just my experience with TATA'S exceptional A.S.S . I am apprehensive about any new product from TATA stable, and will be proved wrong, if Revotron comes good.
Quote:
The Zest is a beautiful vehicle, and I am sure it will mark the begining of new era for Tata motors. Excellent job done by Tata motors on the twins .

Any news on when the bookings start, and exact launch date. I am looking for an upgarde from vista, and zest looks like the perfect option.
You seem to be contradicting yourself. On one hand you criticize the Vista and the Revotron even though no one has a clue about it and on the other hand you say, it looks like the perfect option for you.

I have the Vista now at close to 49000 kms and apart from regular service, there has been nothing that's been done to the vehicle. Absolutely no rattles either. So I find it hard to believe that you have so much issues with the Vista except the 'Fiat' engine and yet would want to buy the Zest.
discoverwild is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 15:35   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
You seem to be contradicting yourself. On one hand you criticize the Vista and the Revotron even though no one has a clue about it and on the other hand you say, it looks like the perfect option for you.

I have the Vista now at close to 49000 kms and apart from regular service, there has been nothing that's been done to the vehicle. Absolutely no rattles either. So I find it hard to believe that you have so much issues with the Vista except the 'Fiat' engine and yet would want to buy the Zest.
Good Catch mate. My Vista has covered about 65K kms - no rattles, no breakdowns, almost zero spent - other than regular maintance.

The Zest is on my list as well. Just waiting for launch and will then probably apply for company lease.
Old 10th June 2014, 15:54   #739
BHPian

Quote:

Let me calrify the doubts about my contradictory statements:

1. Fiat 1.3 MJD absolutely no issues - I could vouch for Diesel Zest, as many in this forum will do (Tata Build Quality, fit and finish is another topic).
2. Revotron - No idea, but probability of issues is more due to Tata engine(Tata brand image of low cost and low quality products plays a big role).
3. I have a 2010 Vista and it has run 96K on the odo (You wont have much niggles when the car is run less than 50K and not much wear and tear).
4. I drive the vehicle around 130kms per day - I assume if the usage is less, then there are less issues. So, I have faced many issues and the car runs into service centre more frequently with niggles and failures (Including clutch plate failure, when i was stranded on road @11PM).
5. I hate Tata customer service (Eg: service advisor once said my car is not exceeding speed more than 60km/h due to worn out tyres!! and i need to get new tyres - for black smoke from exhaust and no accleration problem).
6. I would still buy Tata - As it gives good VFM and I have the tolerence to deal with Tata A.S.S. Hope this clears all the contradiction.
Atif is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 17:05   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Let me calrify the doubts about my contradictory statements:

1. Fiat 1.3 MJD absolutely no issues - I could vouch for Diesel Zest, as many in this forum will do (Tata Build Quality, fit and finish is another topic).
2. Revotron - No idea, but probability of issues is more due to Tata engine(Tata brand image of low cost and low quality products plays a big role).
3. I have a 2010 Vista and it has run 96K on the odo (You wont have much niggles when the car is run less than 50K and not much wear and tear).
4. I drive the vehicle around 130kms per day - I assume if the usage is less, then there are less issues. So, I have faced many issues and the car runs into service centre more frequently with niggles and failures (Including clutch plate failure, when i was stranded on road @11PM).
5. I hate Tata customer service (Eg: service advisor once said my car is not exceeding speed more than 60km/h due to worn out tyres!! and i need to get new tyres - for black smoke from exhaust and no accleration problem).
6. I would still buy Tata - As it gives good VFM and I have the tolerence to deal with Tata A.S.S. Hope this clears all the contradiction.
Atif Bhai,

I am a bit surprised by your experience! I have owned a TATA Vehicle for the past 6 years. First an Indica DLS Turbo and now a Manza.

I have had absolutely no probolems with both my vehicles. The Indica ran for 120K and now the Manza has done 24K. So really can't understand your problem.

Hope you have these problems sorted out soon.

Good Luck!
shashi63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 08:36   #741
BHPian

On the Tata Bolt & Zest

Quote:

Exactly. My vista crossed 80K on the odo recently and apart from the tyre replacement and clutch plate replacement, nothing has fallen apart. Just the usual service and the car is good to go. It has not left me stranded even once. I tried Trivandrum - Mumbai and it passed the test with flying colors. Rattles are there, but not so much considering that i seldom slow down for bad patches and is definitely on the lower side compared to some of the competitions that have run similar miles. The car has held up well though it lacks fit and finish that appeal to one's eyes. I find it hard to believe when people say they have a lot of issues with Vista. It can also be that i am lucky.

Nothing personal, but if one gets stranded on the road due to a clutch plate failure, it has more to do with neglecting the early warnings. Clutch does not fail in a day. This applies for every one driving especially at nights. Should read the signs and take precautions when you travel at night considering the fact that our country is not a nice place to get stranded at nights. There are criminals and thieves everywhere. Take care all you frequent travelers.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 11th June 2014 at 08:44.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 09:25   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to take some of the above posts to a Vista / TATA niggles thread and keep this for Zest / Bolt discussion?
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 09:32   #743
Senior - BHPian

The Zest and Bolt are good products but I would still be vary of the Tata brand unless they are able to show consistent sales of over 4-5K units of each car for the next 6 months period. The reason being, if you are looking to resale a Tata the loss in terms of depreciation is quite huge compared to say a Dzire. This is from experience of selling my Manza. In India usually people prefer keeping one car considering the size of the family, hence, if you are looking for a new car in the future considering someone has purchased the Bolt or Zest, it will be very difficult to get your demanded price on a Tata car in today's scenario.
Old 11th June 2014, 13:40   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Atif Bhai,

I am a bit surprised by your experience! I have owned a TATA Vehicle for the past 6 years. First an Indica DLS Turbo and now a Manza.

I have had absolutely no probolems with both my vehicles. The Indica ran for 120K and now the Manza has done 24K. So really can't understand your problem.

Hope you have these problems sorted out soon.

Good Luck!
Shashi ji,

Thanks for your concern. All issues have been sorted out, after paying good amount of money to A.S.S. May be I am not lucky, as other TATA owners. Niggles like power window switch failure, low beam and high beam failure, lower arm noise keeps popping up, and there is a new issue where the odometer never crosses 80KM/h, even if u drive at 100 !!.

Anyways, I hope zest comes out without any issues and proves to be a good VFM .
Old 11th June 2014, 14:30   #745
BHPian

came across this a few minutes ago. I wonder when the TBHP review of the cars are going to come out.

http://www.carwale.com/features/carw...wift-13520/p1/
shashi63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 15:45   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
came across this a few minutes ago. I wonder when the TBHP review of the cars are going to come out.

http://www.carwale.com/features/carw...wift-13520/p1/
Actually it is not a proper review but rather cut paste from various internet sources on the information already available !
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 16:21   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Actually it is not a proper review but rather cut paste from various internet sources on the information already available !
Yeah true . The information mentioned on this link is not new. Probably done to increase hits on their site. We will have to wait till the vehicle is launched to get a proper review.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:21   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
came across this a few minutes ago. I wonder when the TBHP review of the cars are going to come out...
One useless review - just to grab some eyeballs and fool people to think they had some exclusive drives.
Old 12th June 2014, 00:17   #749
BANNED

Caught this on Bikaner - Jaisalmer Highway on 9th . The driver said they are on high temperature test . I also saw a Nano all covered up but could not click any pics of same. A small vid of Bolt i saw ,
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-09062014302.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-09062014303.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-09062014304.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-09062014305.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-09062014306.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-09062014308.jpg  

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 12th June 2014 at 00:43.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 09:17   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Caught this on Bikaner - Jaisalmer Highway on 9th . The driver said they are on high temperature test .
Nice catch there. Thanks for sharing the vid. I just can't wait to see these cars in person. The projectors look great.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks