Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:05   #256
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

I am quite impressed with the work done by Tata in the looks department. This redesign has surely taken the desirability factor up by a huge margin as compared to the previous iterations. Tata seem to have learnt from their earlier goof ups of having a centrally placed speedo console on the Vista.

With quality checks in place, these vehicles would surely help them in the numbers game.

P.S. : I quite like the looks of the Vest, nicely done alloys too, for an OEM effort!
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:09   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldevnath View Post
Frankly speaking - NOT WORTH THE HYPE!
For me it worth more than the hype. Never thought TATA to give "more care per car". Hope mechanically they are as better than outgoing cars as Storme is to old gen Safari!
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:28   #258
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Wow. I'm already in love with the BOLT. The only thing I disliked in the Indica, the tail lamp, has been replaced. The interiors look top notch. I especially loved the all black interiors with red stitching on the black leatherish seats. Looks like a sports car. Hope it makes to the final production version. The 1.2 turbo petrol with 140Nm torque will not feel underpowered I guess. This looks like a complete package. Can't wait for a drive report. Kudos to Tata and Mr. Slym. Don't have enough words to say about his loss:(
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:32   #259
BANNED

It is really great to hear these words of praise from fellow T-Bhpians after all these years of TATA bashing. YES, TATA has indeed lived upto customer expectations and have produced two all-new (not facelifts) cars from the X1 platform. The naming sans the Indica/go has also resulted in giving them new identities, something that the Grande, Vista could have done with.

Similarities to the Vista may exist, along with parts from the bin, so where's the problem ? It only ensures better availability coupled with economy of production for TATA.

Zest comes with 16" rims ? Aren't they big for a car this size (extra weight) ? My ARIA Pure rides on 16" rims, whereas the Innova rides on 15" rims (not sure) ?

Why do most people dislike the Christmas tree tail lamps ? They have a distinct advantage in giving max light space and night time visibility whilst minimizing on the boot lid opening. Moreover, they also exist on a whole lot of other cars, the Honda CRV, Figo, Scorpio, Verito Vibe, Punto, etc have similar designs.

Good to see the mature design cues of both cars. With just the right amount of chrome and an all new dash, centre console. I'm sure the likes of the Dzire, Amaze are a worried lot, as I can guess that TATA will price them bang into this territory or relatively cheaper. Kudos to TATA, and a befitting tribute to Karl. (RIP, Karl).

Last edited by lifebuoy : 3rd February 2014 at 19:39. Reason: Added what I missed
lifebuoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:40   #260
BHPian

These are probably the best in their segments till now. A proper crash tested car with safety features and with features that would put any car to shame. Harman Kardon music system with touch screen, projector lamps and much. If even now people wouldn't applaud this effort from Tata I don't think they will ever applaud them. Diesel AMT. That's probably gonna kill a lot of sales for others. Kudos to Tata for setting the bar so high. Hopefully they drive well and have good dynamics. Seeing suspension setup it should be a balanced ride. Hopefully this sells. My good wishes are with Tata on these!!!
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:43   #261
BHPian

First impressions of the new car on ACI

Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestpics11.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestpics1.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestpics12.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestpics18.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatamotorszestandbolt16.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:15   #262
BHPian

Are the side mirrors not powered, I see small bar at both sides of side mirrors to control them from inside.
This is strange.
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:19   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Ok, thanks for clarifying! Good to know they've given it such a serious effort.
Indeed, I think Tata has put good effort to make features stand out. For ex: look at this image below where I've boxed an indication in yellow. I think the MID showing the exact door(s) open is not a feature available in regular hatchbacks/sedans (and is a feature in more premium vehicles) [feel free to correct me if wrong, this is just my assumption from what I've seen on many cars].

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-3.jpg

As an individual who once owned an Indica and thought I'd never look at Tata cars again, I must say the changes are simply incredible. Tata cars (at least the interiors) were never appealing and these 2 cars change all that, with both their exterior and interior design and feature changes. I would be very glad to check out the Zest in person.

In my view (and also as an ex-owner), 4 additional things Tata should do, to capitalise on the tremendous work the product team has done.

1. Improve the service experience for passenger consumers. Provide easily differenciable service compared to taxi owning individuals. Or simply provide great service to all.
2. Ensure that the fitment and materials quality is great and will last long without issues, to match how good they look.
3. Continually work to address and update the vehicles so they remain in the radar for any buyer of the segments these 2 cars are in, with high quality and attractive design in mind.
4. Driving dynamics. Along with good FE, Tata also need to work on making these good driving cars, so that they can compete with the likes of VW and Ford cars as well, beyond looks and FE.

I'm also assuming Tata might have some more stuff up its sleeve for the AutoExpo. No mention of mileage has been revealed today. And talk of some other vehicle updates and new vehicles had broken ground. So I assume we could expect a tad more from Tata during the Expo as well. Would be nice if they can manage some more.

If Mr. Slym's efforts have let to this tremendous transformation, he really was an effective 'turn over man' and his loss is beyond words. He would have been an extremely proud man to see our views here and also hear first hand from the press, during today's unveiling. Very sad he wasn't able to live to see today.

I secretly wish that while he was around or whoever was majorly intrumental for these product transformations, also have had their go on the Safari vehicle. A sea change on that is something a lot of enthusiasts, i suppose, will welcome. Eagerly waiting for such a day.

Good luck Tata. Take it up from here and get back your market share.
k_ajay is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:22   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Any idea on boot sizes of -

The Zest
Attachment 1201113

Bolt
Attachment 1201114

My guess is around 350 Liters for Zest & 251 Liters (same as Vista) for the Bolt.
Haven't seen any published so far... From the pictures though,
  • Zest should be around 380 lts and the Bolt around 220 lts.
  • Could have been around 425 lts and 250 lts respectively but for those protruding wheel-wells.

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:24   #265
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the high resolution pictures it also seems that quality has taken a big leap. Even going by the pictures it look a lot better put together than the best selling Swift and the interior design is nicer as well. Also wondering where is the official tbhp report?

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd February 2014 at 20:25.
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:28   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Are the side mirrors not powered, I see small bar at both sides of side mirrors to control them from inside.
This is strange.
You do have them. Check the pic below
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltlaunchimagespowerwindow1024x682.jpg
I simply love the way rear of Bolt is designed, looks stunning!
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltlaunchimagesrear2.jpg
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:33   #267
BHPian

Great work by TML! Very impressive improvement indeed!
I liked all the improvements except instrument console.
Eight pages of posts on this topic in one day indicates the excitement it caused.
I am eagerly waiting for the official prices, official review by team -bhp and also the initial ownership reviews, particularly of Revotron.
I hope the Revotron doesn't fail the hype it created.
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:34   #268
BHPian

Is the bumper cover going to be extra fitting ? I see the ground clearance is very low with this.
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:44   #269
BHPian

At last Tata Motors has managed to match the pre launch hype.The Bolt and Zest have the potential to do extremely well, provided Tata gets the quality right from the very beginning and does not use the initial lot of customers as their testers.I also hope they are revamping their dealerships, to be more customer friendly.Its great to see Tata bounce back and I hope this is just the beginning of great things to come.No doubt Mr. Karl Slym was the driving force behind these changes and I hope his replacement has the same zeal and enthusiasm to carry things forward in the same way.
GLAD73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:15   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Sandeep Srikanth (in ACI video) says that Narain Karthikeyan was involved in fine tuning the driving dynamics of the car and he is confident about the FTD factor of the car. Now that is the shocker for me!! TATA has taken everything to a newer level!!

I just don't have words now!! They are EXTREMELY serious about this game. Now I even more want that 90 bhp in action!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd February 2014 at 21:19.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks