Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 15:21   #106
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Grand i10 Diesel AT - End of a long wait?

If this is true, I say more power to Hyundai India. It will be a segment first, and a sales killer that will skim the market for quite some time to come. Strangely, this has been in the wishlist for a long time- it did not take "market research" to figure it out (well, only the potential demand and different price-points maybe). I can't wait to see one on the road. All they need is an aggressive "exchange/buyback" program to go with this launch and they have in their hands a winner that will see cross-shopping across multiple segments !
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 15:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the Automatic Diesel will sell at 'all'. Firstly the diesel engine of the i10 grand is no Multijet, its slow as a tortoise and further more add an automatic transmission and some more transmission losses and lo, you have got yourself graduated from a tortoise to a snail spending around 9 lakhs on road for a top end version.

People will argue that 'ah well I want only a city car' but hey after spending 9 lakhs arounds if you can't enjoy a spirited drive to Lonavala too, whats it worth ?
Old 19th November 2013, 15:40   #108
BANNED

I would be really happy if Maruti follows the suit and launches Swift & Dzire in AT version for the diesels. It will be great combo for sure. Diesel multi jet engine with AT box will be really great for the users for sure, specially who drive a lot in city traffic. God knows what is the problem in launching diesel automatics. It will be costly affair i know, but they can always drop other features for it like ACC, Fog lamps, ABS etc considering it will be targeted for mainly city users.

I am hopeful that Hyundai will launch this one & others will follow suit and launch their automatic diesel hatch backs. Cars like Swift, Punto, i20, Polo, etc will be great with diesel AT option for sure.
Old 19th November 2013, 15:53   #109
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now, there's another update. Thanks to Mridul Sharma for sharing this information. The owner's manual of the Grand i10 makes a specific reference to the diesel Automatic.
Yippee! I think this is confirmation enough that a Grand i10 CRDi Automatic is going to arrive in the future, it's only a question of when. Thank you, Mridul and GTO! My guess is that they will unveil it at the Auto Expo.

One can understand Hyundai not wanting to confirm the news, or even denying there are any plans. After all, they are going to create a new segment with this one, one that has tremendous potential, and they may want to keep it under wraps till the last moment, to get a head start over the competition.

I think I'm going to wait at least until the Auto Expo to take a call on replacing my old Indica Xeta, which has been giving a lot of trouble lately. Even if the Grand i10 diesel automatic does not arrive by then, I'm sure plenty of other new models and facelifts will get launched at the Expo. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!
Old 19th November 2013, 20:25   #110
BHPian

After reading so much on this thread about this yet to be launched rather may be launched Grand i10 diesel auto, I am seriously thinking I should replace my Santro automatic, it has served very well for the past 5+ years
ajitkumarlb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 22:05   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The owner's manual of the Grand i10 makes a specific reference to the diesel Automatic. It's found under the heading "starting the diesel engine" and points out the AT gear position to choose when starting.
I noticed that the owner's manual mentions about the push button start in the MT variant and that made me wonder - why would they expect consumers to spend on getting a push button start for an MT? It's higher up the hierarchy of needs than an AT. Or is the push button start only available in some variants?
Old 19th November 2013, 22:21   #112
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post

I noticed that the owner's manual mentions about the push button start in the MT variant and that made me wonder - why would they expect consumers to spend on getting a push button start for an MT? It's higher up the hierarchy of needs than an AT. Or is the push button start only available in some variants?
The push button start (along with true keyless entry, or i-key) comes as standard on the Sportz, Asta and Asta(O) variants of the Grand i10, but not on the Era and Magna ones.

Cheers!

Last edited by RSR : 19th November 2013 at 22:22.
Old 19th November 2013, 22:36   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I don't think the Automatic Diesel will sell at 'all'. Firstly the diesel engine of the i10 grand is no Multijet, its slow as a tortoise and further more add an automatic transmission and some more transmission losses and lo, you have got yourself graduated from a tortoise to a snail spending around 9 lakhs on road for a top end version.

People will argue that 'ah well I want only a city car' but hey after spending 9 lakhs arounds if you can't enjoy a spirited drive to Lonavala too, whats it worth ?
That's the reason for me not to wait for Diesel Grand i10 AT and booked Petrol AT instead. Had it been a 1.5 CRDi as in Getz would be another story. I would prefer buying the dream AT machine Polo GT TSI than Grand i10 diesel AT for that kind of money.
Old 25th November 2013, 23:47   #114
BHPian

This was Hormazd Sorabjee's tweet a couple of days back. I took a screenshot. No chance of it absolutely according to him.

Grand i10 Diesel AT - End of a long wait?-img20131125wa0017.jpg
Old 10th December 2013, 10:29   #115
BHPian

here is an interesting read:

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...pe=News&page=1

why in current context where diesel + AT both of which attracts premium over a similar petrol variant is not an attractive option anymore
Old 11th December 2013, 22:48   #116
Senior - BHPian

Carwale has listed Grand Diesel AT among the upcoming cars list. It could be just speculative report. http://www.carwale.com/hyundai-cars/grandi10dieselat/
Old 12th December 2013, 10:47   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Carwale has listed Grand Diesel AT among the upcoming cars list. It could be just speculative report. http://www.carwale.com/hyundai-cars/grandi10dieselat/
Rest assured this is speculation and filling up pages to attract attention and divert cyber traffic.

Car wale had listed so many cars under this section which never saw Indian roads. I think they had even mentioned that Beat Electric as upcoming vehicles for 2013 with a speculative price band.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Rest assured this is speculation and filling up pages to attract attention and divert cyber traffic.

Car wale had listed so many cars under this section which never saw Indian roads. I think they had even mentioned that Beat Electric as upcoming vehicles for 2013 with a speculative price band.
That is true. One good thing is, they have mentioned the 'confidence level' which is 'low' for most of the speculated cars.
Old 19th December 2013, 22:48   #119
BHPian

Well 19 December and no Diesel Grand i10 AT yet! :(

Did see the petrol stick shift today, was @ display in Unitech Infospace and I was impressed. The boot is good and will have more space than Brio if I plonk in a CNG cylinder and so is build quality. Not being a tallboy I hope body roll is not nightmarish either. Seemingly Hyundai has come a long way from days where luxury for them meant their cars actually working for two days in a row before a trip to service station.

Does anyone know Euro NCAP rating and FE of petrol AT i10 Grand?
Old 19th December 2013, 23:02   #120
BHPian

Went to pick up my 'tax payment receipt' for the grand i10, the ASM at the showroom informed me, the AT diesel for the grand is definitely coming. Expect it around March 2nd week, she said. The initial launch was supposed to be in January, but seems the small diesel unit is not responding too well to the auto transmission. Thus, the delay and more fine tuning going on.

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger! And I am skeptical about this information as well.
smilenow is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks