Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 09:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Grand i10 Diesel AT - End of a long wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Lowest I have ever had is around 8 yet with the i10 Sportz 1.2 AT. Its usually around 9 (in traffic, small roads, with AC on during peak Delhi summers). Highest I have ever got from it yet is 12 when I used it on the Greater Noida expressway.
The i10 average hovers around 9-11 for me too. Highways you can get 14. Both under occasional stints of manic sound with no acceleration

The Diesel should return around 30% higher efficiency in the real world with the additional benefit of diesel petrol differential pricing. Perfect city car in my opinion provided they price it competitively.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 20:42   #62
BHPian

Grand i10 petrol AT launced for 5.73 lakhs !

Diesel AT might not be far off.

http://www.carwale.com/news/11472-hy...-573-lakh.html
Attached Thumbnails
Grand i10 Diesel AT - End of a long wait?-hyundaigrandi10frontview21302.jpg  

drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 21:16   #63
BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee in this podcast on AutocarIndia website denies that there would be a Grandi10 diesel AT

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...ee-363462.aspx
Old 7th November 2013, 22:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ex-Delhi Prices for the Grand i10 Auto petrol variants are as follows

Grand i10 AT Sportz- Rs 5.64 lakh
Grand i10 AT Asta- Rs 5.91 lakh

Its the 4 speed that comes in i20 & Verna.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/hyunda...lakh-ex-delhi/

Last edited by noopster : 8th November 2013 at 09:50. Reason: Added the word petrol to avoid confusion :)
Old 8th November 2013, 08:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Its the 4 speed that comes in i20 & Verna.
Is this different from the 4 speeder which was present on the i10 AT? Hopefully this one will be more efficient.
Old 8th November 2013, 08:55   #66
BHPian

Hyundai India website is still not showing any details regarding AT Grand i10. Can any one confirm if it's 4-speed AT with trip-tonic or without? The two concerns regarding my buying decision of a Grand i10 AT are - (1) Low FE (2) Lack of Airbags and ABS. Even if Diesel AT will be launched it will be priced around 1 lac+ than petrol AT which will take the on-road ex-Delhi price to 7 Lac+ which will be stretching the budget too far. I will prefer to wait till February to see the scenario much clearly. Honda Brio AT is 6.3L vs Grand i10 Asta AT 6 L. Brio is a 5-speed AT with better FE and has ABS & Airbags but less space and low GC apart from toyish design. Grand i10 AT - lots of space - cabin+boot, very well designed interior+exterior, Lot of features, Rear AC vents but supposedly low FE and no ABS, Airbags.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:16   #67
BHPian

What's the real world FE for Brio AT?

With such low FE for petrol, Diesel AT in Grand i10 would financially make sense even with a 1L price difference. And the price difference with Brio AT being close to 50K, the Brio must return impressive mileage figures for it to be in reckoning, since the Grand i10 is such an impressive product inside out.

I may also add that a diesel AT hatch will be a boon for the elderly in the family, who sometimes are not particular about gear shifts at correct speed/rpm. This becomes even more problematic for diesel vehicles, an AT will be much welcome in such scenarios.

Last edited by avisidhu : 8th November 2013 at 09:23.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
What's the real world FE for Brio AT?
One of my relative has recently purchased a Brio AT. He has driven it for about 1000 KMS (completely in dense city traffic). He says that the FE returned by the car is in between 10 - 12 KMPL.

For more details you may see the ownership reviews of some people who own a Brio AT.
Old 8th November 2013, 11:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Hyundai India website is still not showing any details regarding AT Grand i10. Can any one confirm if it's 4-speed AT with trip-tonic or without?
I remember seeing a picture of the AT sometime back and it had tiptronics.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee in this podcast on AutocarIndia website denies that there would be a Grandi10 diesel AT

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...ee-363462.aspx
A 5 page thread became a naught in no time?

To be fair, was this just a speculation or did Hyundai make an official announcement?

Hyundai had, and still have a great opportunity to capture the market. They are the only one to have a small diesel engine with an AT. They can even take the old Verna's 1.5 diesel AT and plonk it on the Grand. It would be a hell of a car to drive, and the excise savings would still be intact.
Old 8th November 2013, 13:30   #71
BHPian

If the news is indeed true, then it sure is a big heartbreak for so many on this thread to say the least.

I wonder if Hyundai has the plans but would want to keep it as a closely guarded secret untill rolling it out. Optimism?
Old 8th November 2013, 16:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
If the news is indeed true, then it sure is a big heartbreak for so many on this thread to say the least.

I wonder if Hyundai has the plans but would want to keep it as a closely guarded secret untill rolling it out. Optimism?
I was skeptical from the beginning. They don't yet have an AT on the i20 Diesel and they would ideally offer the AT on the i20 first before extending it to the lower segment.
Old 9th November 2013, 00:33   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I remember seeing a picture of the AT sometime back and it had tiptronics.
Tiptronics is a trademark and I recall it was used exclusively by Porsche in the late 1990s to early 2000s in its brochures and other marketing materials. I also seem to remember hearing Sportronic, Q-tronic, and Tapshift from other manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
To be fair, was this just a speculation or did Hyundai make an official announcement?
CarWale mentions (in the article with the announcement of the petrol AT) that it was only speculating that there would be a diesel AT Hyundai Grand i10. There was no official announcement in this regard. However, they are optimistic and still think there could be a diesel AT version coming soon.

It's hard to believe speculative reports - the TV news of Maruti being on the verge of launching the Cervo to compete with the Tata Nano in 2011 (or perhaps as early as 2010) and reports of a diesel variant of the Maruti Gypsy and even the introduction of the Suzuki Jimny had just as much 'push' but we have yet to see any of those being introduced in India.
k_nitin_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 16:11   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

The Grand i10 Diesel Automatic will be launched on December 5th, as scooped up and reported exclusively by fly-wheel.com.

Quote:
Our sources from Hyundai has confirmed that the Grand i10 diesel automatic will be launched on December 5th. Hyundai has commenced the production of the Grand i10 diesel automatic and the initial batches for the dealership will reach by the end of November.

Even though the launch will happen in December the sales of the Grand i10 diesel automatic will begin only from January onwards.
Inside source from Hyundai told us that the company planned to launch the petrol automatic little earlier because of the massive rush for the manual version Hyundai has to delay the automatic versions. The recently launched Grand i10 petrol automatic need some time to get the momentum that’s why the diesel automatic sales would begin only in January.
http://fly-wheel.com/scoop-hyundai-g...on-december-5/
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 20:26   #75
BHPian

This thread is turning out to be quite a roller-coater, isn't it!
Let's just hope someone doesn't come counter-arguing with another link that it won't be launched. Just kidding guys!
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed