Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:46   #46
BHPian

re: Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*

We must be pretty close to the launch and I hardly find any excitement for this facelift which is more a nip and tuck. What is stopping VW from offering the 1.8 TSI and a sunroof in the jetta? Just these two alone could make many an eternal octavia waiter shift to the jetta a whole month or two earlier.
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:08   #47
BHPian

Seems like the following can be confirmed :

No sunroof
New bixenon lamps
Cornering fog lamps
Led tail lamps
No memory seats
New alloys (highline)
New steering wheel

All of the above, we pretty much knew already. Blink & you miss it changes besides the grill. Price probably up by a lakh on HL AT. Training begins 10th Feb, launch 20th, td from the end of Feb. Got this from a reputed dealer. Is this all? That's anyone's guess :-)
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:45   #48
BHPian

From the pics it looks like a comfortline Jetta and I guess VW is going to omit the DRL on the comfortline version as there is no DRL visible on the car. Guessing that highline will come with LED DRLs, it seems like they have gone for normal headlamp with the comfortline version unlike the current gen.
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Seems like the following can be confirmed :

No sunroof
New bixenon lamps
Cornering fog lamps
Led tail lamps
No memory seats
New alloys (highline)
New steering wheel

All of the above, we pretty much knew already. Blink & you miss it changes besides the grill. Price probably up by a lakh on HL AT. Training begins 10th Feb, launch 20th, td from the end of Feb. Got this from a reputed dealer. Is this all? That's anyone's guess :-)
Sales guy here has confirmed DSG for Comfortline variant. He was not sure about other changes in interiors.
Old 24th January 2015, 11:56   #50
BHPian

The alloy design is the same as before.
I remember seeing that design on a 2014 Jetta just last week. They look nice in person.

So I guess with the facelift there will come a price jump. I am not too sure if that's a good idea. This segment is under threat anyways from the likes of the City, Verna and other "smaller" sedans.

A better strategy would be to get in the new Passat. The luxury market is the only one showing growth trends and maybe with the Passat, VW can reclaim some of its lost glory provided the dealers don't act like complete nut jobs.
Old 29th January 2015, 22:48   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India will launch the Jetta facelift on February 17, 2015.

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-2015-jetta.jpg

Quote:
The Jetta facelift will get a grille and headlamps that appear like a single continuous element, while the new and wider air dam will aim to improve aerodynamics.
At the back, the LED tail-lamps are slimmer and now placed higher than before.
Inside, there's a new corporate steering wheel; bigger, cleaner dials in the instrument cluster, and a new high resolution trip computer.
Mechanically, the Jetta facelift will continue with the same 1.4-litre turbo petrol and 2.0-litre TDI diesel engines. The diesel engine, however, will get a 10bhp increase in power.
SOURCE (including pic) - ACI

Last edited by Eddy : 30th January 2015 at 21:42. Reason: As requested
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 00:17   #52
BHPian

Actually its the 17th - http://m.moneycontrol.com/news/wheel...5_1287229.html
Old 30th January 2015, 11:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks current gen's face looks better ? Front seems to have lost its sharpness due to new bumper design.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks current gen's face looks better ? Front seems to have lost its sharpness due to new bumper design.
Count me on the list too. To my eyes, the current Jetta's front end looks sharp and better than this slightly-toned-down facelift. At the rear, its a completely different story though. While the current model is already a looker, the facelift adds a touch of sportiness to it.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:31   #55
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen is scheduled to launch the facelifted Jetta on February 17, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 31st January 2015, 13:02   #56
BHPian

New features and requests for new features sound great but as usual with every upgrade comes the dreaded price hike. I don't know what's happening to the automotive industry but man alive car's are getting more expensive every half yearly.

Jetta is my favourite car in the D1 segment. It is balanced and looks striking and the power delivery ooh la la. A long turn coming up no problem let me upshift and go faster as the tyres take on a moderate amount of stress while the body magically balances itself and gives you the confidence to push the car faster into a turn.

Too bad many people won't be able to enjoy that feeling, too bad that cars are becoming expensive, too bad that good cars like the Jetta need more buyers who would use it not only for its swank value, too bad we get only the 1.4tsi motor, too bad that Jetta will become more expensive after the facelift.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 31st January 2015 at 13:05.
Old 31st January 2015, 13:46   #57
BHPian

I'm secretly hoping they launch the comfortline variant with the DSG. Sigh too much to ask??
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:00   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I'm secretly hoping they launch the comfortline variant with the DSG. Sigh too much to ask??
I very much doubt that. Only the highline variant would have the dsg. The whole dsg setup is a premium a lot of buyers skip. Most customers buying a jetta are just entering into the luxury segment & are more acquainted with manuals as they're coming from lower segments. Sub 15l sedans haven't had the best reputations for automatic performance traditionally. Though this test case is changing, customers would rather stick to manuals hence the jetta sells more as a manual than an automatic. Wouldn't make sense for vw to tamper with a working equation because most customers buying a cl or tl would opt for the manual anyway

Last edited by Zahir : 3rd February 2015 at 00:01.
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:15   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
I very much doubt that. Only the highline variant would have the dsg. The whole dsg setup is a premium a lot of buyers skip. Most customers buying a jetta are just entering into the luxury segment & are more acquainted with manuals as they're coming from lower segments. Sub 15l sedans haven't had the best reputations for automatic performance traditionally. Though this test case is changing, customers would rather stick to manuals hence the jetta sells more as a manual than an automatic. Wouldn't make sense for vw to tamper with a working equation because most customers buying a cl or tl would opt for the manual anyway
Not true. Many people want the DSG but can't afford it as it's only available in Highline trim.

They opt for the Octavia which has DSG in 2 trim levels or other cars.

The comfortline TDI is 3.6 lakhs lesser than the Highline DSG. So if I wanted the Jetta in DSG I have to shell out 3.6lakhs more just for the AT, even if I was ok not having all the highline features.

I never understood the rationale of not getting the Comfortline DSG when people were asking for it.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:17   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not true. Many people want the DSG but can't afford it as it's only available in Highline trim.

They opt for the Octavia which has DSG in 2 trim levels or other cars.

The comfortline TDI is 3.6 lakhs lesser than the Highline DSG. So if I wanted the Jetta in DSG I have to shell out 3.6lakhs more just for the AT, even if I was ok not having all the highline features.

I never understood the rationale of not getting the Comfortline DSG when people were asking for it.
I don't disagree with this point of view either
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks