Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 13:31   #76
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Hope the Head unit gets bluetooth, then will take this anyday over any other car. Was about to book the i10 grand, now waiting for this.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:08   #77
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Hope the Head unit gets bluetooth, then will take this anyday over any other car. Was about to book the i10 grand, now waiting for this.
Doesn't look like it will be coming any time soon since sx4 got bluetooth only now as standard. Would be great if that happened.plus bluetooth isn't even listed in the update.

even I have put my booking of dzire zdi on hold.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th November 2013 at 08:17. Reason: only 2 smileys per post please
Old 28th November 2013, 16:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
According to my sources maruti dumps stock in 3 cases:
This has been very insightful for me!

Just so I've understood this correctly. Car dealers, I presume not just Maruti, are forced to buy X amount of units of every model every month with no choice on variants or colours per model & said amount being decided by the manufacturer.
The car dealer basically takes the hit if a colour or variant is underselling but then keeps on getting the same under performing model/colour/variant the next month as well? or is there some kind of tolerance given?
Old 28th November 2013, 16:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
This has been very insightful for me!

Just so I've understood this correctly. Car dealers, I presume not just Maruti, are forced to buy X amount of units of every model every month with no choice on variants or colours per model & said amount being decided by the manufacturer.
The car dealer basically takes the hit if a colour or variant is underselling but then keeps on getting the same under performing model/colour/variant the next month as well? or is there some kind of tolerance given?
Just to make you understand a dealer in ahmedabad(can't name him ofcourse) was penalised for giving heavy discounts outside the prescribed limits.

so lets just understand how this works out in maruti at least. Maruti employs agencies to keep a check on the dealers. These agencies send their employees guised as customers to see if they are working properly and even check condition of showroom and courtesy of the people there. If any thing is odd a fine is imposed depending on the severity.

this specific dealer that I am speaking about issued heavy discounts so he is penalised in the form of Rs.25 lakh cash and 10-15 dzire's of different variants all in beige which doesn't sell very well here. So the dealer faces problems in selling it and is taught a lesson in the process.

This specific dealer is no small guy he is a big fish in the market having quiet a lot of showrooms and huge stocks.

As per what information I have the dealer has to purchase a specified number of cars in specified number of variants but they are not forced to choose a specific color. If you visit a maruti godown you will notice majority of swifts's and dzire's in either white or silver would this be possible if maruti forces them to buy other colours?

the number of units is decided on various factors such as market conditions, number of dealers, sales targets, etc.

The sheer size of the fines might also explain why most if not all maruti showrooms and service centers strive to give best service and get good customer feedback.

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th November 2013 at 17:03.
rockporiom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 17:06   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to make you understand a dealer in ahmedabad..
I've understood the penalty part in regards to excessive discount now.

However, Some more queries:
- If a dealer is maintaining low stock i.e. risk aversion in a way, Manufacturer will penalise with stock dump plus fine or only stock dump?

- If the manufacturer makes a product which doesn't work, Kizashi in your example, they will still punish the dealer in the way of stock dump to offload from their end? Even though it's not at all the dealer to blame?
Old 28th November 2013, 17:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I've understood the penalty part in regards to excessive discount now.

However, Some more queries:
- If a dealer is maintaining low stock i.e. risk aversion in a way, Manufacturer will penalise with stock dump plus fine or only stock dump?

- If the manufacturer makes a product which doesn't work, Kizashi in your example, they will still punish the dealer in the way of stock dump to offload from their end? Even though it's not at all the dealer to blame?

For point one: no they are not penalised but maruti has the account details of the dealer so they will keep an eye on him and see if he is consistently keeping low stocks and will then start dumping stocks (not of odd colours though) without asking them and deduct the amount from their accounts accordingly. They are not fined though but are given a certain number of warnings after which they are penalised.

for point two: since maruti already ordered 2500 kizashi's to india in total and no dealer was taking them they started dumping as many as possible to the dealers so that they (MSIL) don't incur a loss. It is more like reducing the damage done.

Quote:

Would you possibly have any in-sight on targets set forth by Maruti, for dealers, for various models?

I have information on some of the models. The figures are per month but are from 2012.

Kizashi- 2
swift (p)- 10
swift (d)- 20
Dzire (p)- 15
Dzire (d)- 25

These were written on a board in one of their discussion rooms. These targets are per dealer. This means that a maruti dealer would be selling a bare minimum of 100 cars per month regardless of model.

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th November 2013 at 17:45.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 17:36   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For point one: no they are not penalised but maruti has the account details of the dealer so they will keep an eye on him and see if he is consistently keeping low stocks and will then start dumping stocks (not of odd colours though) without asking them and deduct the amount from their accounts accordingly. They are not fined though but are given a certain number of warnings after which they are penalised.
Thanks
Quote:
for point two: since maruti already ordered 2500 kizashi's to india in total and no dealer was taking them they started dumping as many as possible to the dealers so that they (MSIL) don't incur a loss. It is more like reducing the damage done.
Yes, that's pretty much punishing the dealer for their own failure sadly.

Would you possibly have any in-sight on targets set forth by Maruti, for dealers, for various models?
Old 28th November 2013, 18:30   #83
BANNED

Quote:

Doesn't look like it will be coming any time soon since sx4 got bluetooth only now as standard. Would be great if that happened.plus bluetooth isn't even listed in the update.

even I have put my booking of dzire zdi on hold.
Guys,

We are diverting from the main topic here.

@Rockporiom, Even I have kept my Swift ZDI booking ON HOLD. Rather I will rephrase the sentence correctly, I have been asked to cancel my booking and wait for this New Swift by the sales Manager himself. I had decided on Torque Blue ZDi variant and the delivery was on the same evening (at 8pm) but at 3 pm the sales manager calls and asks me and my dad to come to the showroom as he wanted to talk about the car. After reaching there he told the New Swift is coming but the dates were not revealed. He advised me to wait till early next year for this as it has better features than the outgoing model and the price rise wont be more than 25-30K on the ZDI variant. He was mum when I asked about discounts for the Swift.

Presently there is 30K discount on the ZDi model + exchange onus of 10K + loyalty bonus of 10K and corporate discount of 10K = total of 60K. M Ritz VDI is getting exchanged at 3.6L

After a thought I cancelled the booking and have decided to wait for the new one. Waiting desperately for this.

Anurag.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th November 2013 at 08:17.
Old 28th November 2013, 19:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys,

@Rockporiom, Even I have kept my Swift ZDI booking ON HOLD. Rather I will rephrase the sentence correctly, I have been asked to cancel my booking and wait for this New Swift by the sales Manager himself. I had decided on Torque Blue ZDi variant and the delivery was on the same evening (at 8pm) but at 3 pm the sales manager calls and asks me and my dad to come to the showroom as he wanted to talk about the car. After reaching there he told the New Swift is coming but the dates were not revealed. He advised me to wait till early next year for this as it has better features than the outgoing model and the price rise wont be more than 25-30K on the ZDI variant. He was mum when I asked about discounts for the Swift.

Presently there is 30K discount on the ZDi model + exchange onus of 10K + loyalty bonus of 10K and corporate discount of 10K = total of 60K. M Ritz VDI is getting exchanged at 3.6L

After a thought I cancelled the booking and have decided to wait for the new one. Waiting desperately for this.

Anurag.

Wow that sure is saying something. If he told you to wait the launch is almost there. I believe we should have it latest by jan 2014. I have strange feeling it will launch very close to the honda city. Honda is sure going to have nightmares as even after the price rise the zdi dzire will be priced slightly lower than the vx amaze which costs 9.30 OTR here.

AFAIK you cannot have both the loyalty and exchange bonus together. You get only one of them. Correct me If I am wrong.
Just noticed in one of the pics that the dashboard looks like it is dual tone. See carefully you will note that below the start button the second half of the dash has a different shade.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th November 2013 at 08:13.
Old 28th November 2013, 19:52   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Anurag.
Its highly unlikely that maruti will be giving discounts on a new model.
Also, it should either be an Exchange bonus OR a loyalty bonus? Are you sure it was both the discounts together?
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 19:54   #86
BANNED

Quote:
AFAIK you cannot have both the loyalty and exchange bonus together. You get only one of them. Correct me If I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Its highly unlikely that maruti will be giving discounts on a new model.
Also, it should either be an Exchange bonus OR a loyalty bonus? Are you sure it was both the discounts together?

Lol.

I had a WagonR before the Ritz so even I had exchanged it with Ritz, we got an exchange bonus of 15K and loyalty of 10K. So the sane carried forward for the Ritz VDi-> Swift ZDi. To be precise the Ritz is the 31st Maruti that my dad's company has bought so the special treatment.

Honda is in trouble till a diesel Jazz arrives after which Maruti will be in trouble.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th November 2013 at 19:55.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 20:53   #87
BHPian

The new ZDi variant will have MJD or as the title of this thread says Suzuki's own diesel engine?
Old 28th November 2013, 20:58   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Lol.

I had a WagonR before the Ritz so even I had exchanged it with Ritz, we got an exchange bonus of 15K and loyalty of 10K. So the sane carried forward for the Ritz VDi-> Swift ZDi. To be precise the Ritz is the 31st Maruti that my dad's company has bought so the special treatment.

Honda is in trouble till a diesel Jazz arrives after which Maruti will be in trouble.

Anurag.
I am sure except for dealer discount there won't be anything from maruti.

Not sure if anyone else had mentioned this earlier but if you look closely at the pic you can see that the shade below the push button is different. It looks like the swift will also get the dual tone treatment. Plus the steering wheel if looked at closely will show stitch marks which means it is a leather wrapped one. So just to make a list of changes

1. Cruise control
2. D.R.L's
3. New 16" alloys ( as the one's in the pic are 16" according to suzuki website)
4. Keyless go
5. Dual tone dash
6. Leather stitched steering wheel
7. Auto up/down drivers window

plus the update in europe even has auto headlight. So have to see if indian swift also gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
The new ZDi variant will have MJD or as the title of this thread says Suzuki's own diesel engine?
No, MSIL will continue with MJD till their contract is over which ends in 2015. There is also news that MSIL will import the 1.6 MJD for the for bigger cars.

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th November 2013 at 21:00.
Old 29th November 2013, 15:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Presently there is 30K discount on the ZDi model + exchange onus of 10K + loyalty bonus of 10K and corporate discount of 10K = total of 60K

Are you sure about this? Currenlt Sai Service Mumbai is giving the following on all SWIFT Diesels alike:
> Consumer offer of Rs. 9000
> Exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000

Your post suggests something much different to what I see here in Navi Mumbai. Am i missing something?

FYI: This is the quotation for Navi-Mumbai registration for individual:

Quote:
Ex Showroom :- 635753
Depo :- 6840
Zero Dep Insurance :- 23676
On Road :- 738327
Consumer Offer 9000
Total On Road :- 729327
Old 29th November 2013, 17:33   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Are you sure about this? Currenlt Sai Service Mumbai is giving the following on all SWIFT Diesels alike:
> Consumer offer of Rs. 9000
> Exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000

Your post suggests something much different to what I see here in Navi Mumbai. Am i missing something?

FYI: This is the quotation for Navi-Mumbai registration for individual:
Is this the quotation for vdi or zdi because last time when I asked for price zdi was 8 OTR ahmedabad and 7.75 after discount and exchange bonus.

A4anurag has given discounts and price for ZDI variant. Plus he might have cancelled it in october as he has not given the month. The offers change every month. Would like some input from him here.

More info guys
launch is confirmed for the first half of 2014. To be more specific somewhere around jan or feb 2014. A dealer told that they will start taking booking for it soon. The booking amount is not disclosed though. Expect it to be somewhere around 21k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post

I understand that the offers change every month and that OTR varies according to local taxes. But, I dont understand the big difference in discounts between Mumbai and Hyderabad.
Hyd : Total discounts : 30+10+10+10 = 60K
Mum: Total discounts : 9 + 15 = 24K

Only FYI: The dealer has promised me delivery in 7-10 days for a White Vdi.

The dealer is playing fair that is why you are getting less discount. I myself am getting around 36k off from the dealer on ZDI immediate delivery.

6k (loyalty) + 15k (exchange) + 15k ( dealer discount) = 36k

And if you calculate the free parking sensors, matting, steering cover and corner protector it comes to around 43k off. Depends on bargaining power.

colour choice = white or silver or grey

Last edited by rockporiom : 29th November 2013 at 17:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks