Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 13:45   #556
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Vehicle still not repaired. turbo replacement needed. VW is good at squeezing the insurance company now . 6 weeks already over. Another 4 weeks time quoted now LOL@VW
Old 5th February 2016, 23:04   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Vehicle still not repaired. turbo replacement needed. VW is good at squeezing the insurance company now . 6 weeks already over. Another 4 weeks time quoted now LOL@VW
Had an issue with our Vento last year and they have done the repairs necessary that took almost two months. Always came up with some random excuses, hood not being available, other parts on order, wait times of couple of weeks for some of the back orders etc.

I wasn't a happy customer at all but yeah.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:08   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
An airbag should deploy on a frontal hit as seen as it's designed for. It's sure that it will not deploy even with harder collisions seeing the current status. The vehicle decelerated quickly. If it was moving the biker would not exist today.
I am located at THRISSUR in KERALA. Volkswagen quoted 30 days time to repair this. Expected bill is 2 Laks.
I have been in a few conditions where airbags have deployed.
1) My car cartwheeled 6-7 times and all the 6 airbags deployed
2) Once a car came up the wrong way on a off ramp and crashed head on around a curve - only front and knee bags deployed
3)My car was stationary, car in front reversed carelessly and smashed in front - no deployment
All the above cars were Renault Meganes and no, I am not a Renault crash test dummy. Bought the Megane 5 times (3 write off cases and 2 crossed 150000 km) while in Egypt and England.
As long as you are in no danger of being thrown at your wheel or dashboard, the airbag will not deploy.
Thankfully in all the above cases I walked out on my own without a scratch, thanks to a 5 star rated car.

Last edited by amitc7 : 5th February 2016 at 23:11.
Old 12th June 2016, 11:03   #559

Hi. Yesterday I took delivery of my new Vento Comfortline Tsi from Autobahn Volkswagen, Mumbai. I bargained and booked/ bought the car in may 2016 for an all inclusive price of 11.1 lakhs. It's an April 2016 manufactured car. The car was delivered within about 2 weeks of full payment and has no apparent defects as of now.

I have some queries though on the dealer experience that have left some niggles in my mind:

1. The car has jk vectra 185/ 60 r15 tyres. Isn't the vento tsi supposed to come with apollo alnacs, or are those only for the highline?

2. I've not received my rc book/ card yet. The dealer has informed me I'll get it in about 90 days. The registration receipt does not have my car registration number either, it has only the car vin. Is that normal and will that pose any problem ?

3. I've not received the full insurance papers.I've been given an insurance cover note that has the car vin but not the car registration number. The papers will come in a month is what I've been informed. Is that usual and will that pose any problem?

4. The actual registration rto receipt is lower than that mentioned as registration charge in their pre sale brochure(about 85.5k vs 106k). according to the dealer the registration charge in the brochure had some rto service fees which was not mentioned in the brochure (they've given me debit note for that charge). Is that usual? Will that pose me any problem in the future?

5. The actual insurance (Bajaj Allianz)premium in the receipt handed to me, is lower than the premium mentioned in their brochure by about 10k. The insured value is about 10.07 lakhs (apparently 95% of the showroom value) against a car showroom price of 10.6 lakhs. Is that a problem?

Needless to say I'm slightly dissatisfied with the dealer because of these aspects but i don't know whether that's rightly so. I'd be grateful if someone could resolve these queries and if there's anything I should/ can do if I've been wronged.Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2016 at 19:28. Reason: Spacing = improved readability.
Old 12th June 2016, 19:01   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Pai View Post
5. The actual insurance (Bajaj Allianz)premium in the receipt handed to me, is lower than the premium mentioned in their brochure by about 10k. The insured value is about 10.07 lakhs (apparently 95% of the showroom value) against a car showroom price of 10.6 lakhs. Is that a problem?

That's right. The insured value is 95% of your ex-showroom price for the first year.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 22:45   #561

Does anybody know whether the tsi comfort line tyres have now been downgraded to jk vectra from Apollo Alnac?
Old 28th June 2016, 01:16   #562

Hello all! Feels good to be back after a long gap. My toffee brown beauty is doing quite well as we step into the nineteenth month of ownership, rather a wonderful relationship.

Meanwhile a freak incident took place in my absence. My family was traveling to tirupati, with my driver behind the wheel. When he stopped at the fuel station, the fuel tender in all his intellectual glory, casually pumped in 5 liters of DIESEL into my TSI! :banghead:

My driver says he immediately drained the tank completely as per the advice of local VW service station and the fuel couldn't have reached the engine. Close to 3k km have been clocked since then with no major issue.

However, I seem to notice a very feeble hum from the engine (you can blame it on psychology, perhaps) and periodic vibrations (which last for around 2 secs) at idle. I'm however planning to take the car for an overall inspection to the service station. Any advice from the Gurus here as to what specifically I should get checked will certainly be of great help.

Thanks!
Old 28th June 2016, 09:01   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Pai View Post
2. I've not received my rc book/ card yet. The dealer has informed me I'll get it in about 90 days. The registration receipt does not have my car registration number either, it has only the car vin. Is that normal and will that pose any problem ?

3. I've not received the full insurance papers.I've been given an insurance cover note that has the car vin but not the car registration number. The papers will come in a month is what I've been informed. Is that usual and will that pose any problem?
Dealers say 90 days. Its however quicker. I got mine last month and it was within 21 days of vehicle registration. Mine was Andheri RTO. The dealer will not give you this. You will get it at home via speed post. Smart cards are discontinued now. Its the Green paper once again. I guess they didn't renew contract of the vendor

Original Insurance was also received within a month and I was also handed over only cover note at time of vehicle delivery.
Old 28th June 2016, 14:28   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth.hv View Post
Hello all! Feels good to be back after a long gap. My toffee brown beauty is doing quite well as we step into the nineteenth month of ownership, rather a wonderful relationship.

Meanwhile a freak incident took place in my absence. My family was traveling to tirupati, with my driver behind the wheel. When he stopped at the fuel station, the fuel tender in all his intellectual glory, casually pumped in 5 liters of DIESEL into my TSI! :banghead:

My driver says he immediately drained the tank completely as per the advice of local VW service station and the fuel couldn't have reached the engine. Close to 3k km have been clocked since then with no major issue.

However, I seem to notice a very feeble hum from the engine (you can blame it on psychology, perhaps) and periodic vibrations (which last for around 2 secs) at idle. I'm however planning to take the car for an overall inspection to the service station. Any advice from the Gurus here as to what specifically I should get checked will certainly be of great help.

Thanks!
Exactly the same thing happened to me seven months after I bought the car in 2014 -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3559530 -- since then the car has run fine without any issues. I never told VW.
Old 29th June 2016, 17:41   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Exactly the same thing happened to me seven months after I bought the car in 2014 -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3559530 -- since then the car has run fine without any issues. I never told VW.
Thanks StarScream. My case seems tad less complicated since the engine was never switched on. However, will get the fuel line and filter inspected, just in case. The towing without power part of your article drew my attention. Had never thought about it. Can you elaborate on the 'service mode' part?
Old 29th June 2016, 21:57   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I'm curious but aren't diesel pump nozzles too large to fit into petrol tank inlets? I thought it was very hard to misfuel a petrol car because of this.

https://brokensecrets.com/2010/06/09...ard-fuel-cars/
Old 29th June 2016, 22:06   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....with my driver behind the wheel. When he stopped at the fuel station, the fuel tender in all his intellectual glory, casually pumped in 5 liters of DIESEL into my TSI! :banghead:
How is the pump attendant supposed to know whether your car is a petrol or diesel unless told or indicated by a sticker on the fuel tank inlet cover?

Whenever cars are offered in petrol diesel variants it is incumbent on the owner/driver to tell the attendant which fuel is required.

I ALWAYS release the fuel tank cover lock, step out of my car (it's a petrol) BEFORE the attendant has a chance to even touch the dispenser

I would strongly recommend all owner/drivers to do the same.
Old 29th June 2016, 22:29   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks StarScream. My case seems tad less complicated since the engine was never switched on. However, will get the fuel line and filter inspected, just in case. The towing without power part of your article drew my attention. Had never thought about it. Can you elaborate on the 'service mode' part?
You mean moving to neutral with no power at all? Like in the case of a dead battery? That is explained in the manual. I've never done it but it requires removing the grey plastic cover at the base of the gear lever and moving a mechanism inside to free the gear selector from the locked position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I'm curious but aren't diesel pump nozzles too large to fit into petrol tank inlets? I thought it was very hard to misfuel a petrol car because of this.

https://brokensecrets.com/2010/06/09...ard-fuel-cars/
Apparently not. Or the attendant could still get it in enough to fill some diesel before realizing his mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
How is the pump attendant supposed to know whether your car is a petrol or diesel unless told or indicated by a sticker on the fuel tank inlet cover?

Whenever cars are offered in petrol diesel variants it is incumbent on the owner/driver to tell the attendant which fuel is required.

I ALWAYS release the fuel tank cover lock, step out of my car (it's a petrol) BEFORE the attendant has a chance to even touch the dispenser

I do that religiously now!
Old 29th June 2016, 23:49   #569

Quote:

I completely agree with you, except for the fact that a sticker with "PETROL" boldly written is stuck on the lid. That said, I do concede that the driver too is at fault. I do strictly follow the thumb rule you have mentioned.
Old 30th June 2016, 00:38   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did this albeit one change. Got out of the car first, told the fuel type and then release the fuel tank lever

The confusion is more pronounced in white cars, which are by default assumed to be diesel cars. Can't blame pump attendants who fill diesel on white cabs day in day out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks