Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2015, 11:56   #526
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
Have been warned that my warranty will be void if I fit the dead pedal!
Wow - that's a new low-level of idiocy! And I am surprised it has come from BU Bhandari - one of the reputed VW service centers!

Quote:
the dead pedal is a "footrest" in VW speak
Correct on that part. The technical name is footrest as per their parts database.

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-x.jpg

Partsbase link

Anyways, back to your query, the dead pedal requires 3 components:

1. Dead pedal - 6Q2 864 777, [16]
2. Supporting cushion - 6Q2 864 417, [14]
3. Fastener - N 904 827 01 [31]

The steering column cover (part number 3 in the image above) in the footwell has a couple of press studs, remove the one closer to the central tunnel, place the dead pedal aligning the holes on the pedal and the column cover, mark the area on the floor carpet using a pen, cut the floor carpet including the area in the tunnel, attach the cushion to the tunnel using a double-sided tape (in the real deal there's a screw spot welded to the tunnel and the cushion is held using the fastener), place the dead pedal and thread the fastener.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 16:58   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Have been warned that my warranty will be void if I fit the dead pedal!

You should have asked the reason for the same. Also, kindly request that person to be kind enough and give that in writing. What has warranty to do with dead pedals?
Old 15th May 2015, 21:10   #528
BHPian

I have been offered a December 2014 Vento TSI with a 1 lakh discount. Is it worth picking up or should I wait for the GT TSI (already booked). I am getting tilted towards the Vento as it costs only an additional 1.78 lakhs over the GT with no discounts. Suggest me
Old 15th May 2015, 21:33   #529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniTSI View Post
I have been offered a December 2014 Vento TSI with a 1 lakh discount. Is it worth picking up or should I wait for the GT TSI (already booked). I am getting tilted towards the Vento as it costs only an additional 1.78 lakhs over the GT with no discounts. Suggest me
Its quite simple. If you need either the extra rear legroom, or the extra boot space or the status of owning a sedan then get the Vento. Otherwise the Polo is slightly better to drive.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 23:10   #530
BHPian

Quote:

Go for it Srini. The rear leg room, ac vents, fromt and rear arm rests, massive boot are worth it. I bet it will have better resale value than the polo tsi as well.
A bit of handling compromise should be manageable. Just ensure that you check the car in person before the payment if possible at the dealers yard.
Detroit-Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 09:15   #531
BHPian

Thanks Akshay and Detroit-Dude for the suggestion. I would definitely once go to to the stockyard to check the vehicle and the VIN and then decide. I was wondering, is it OK to buy a car lying in the stockyard for 6 months.What is the likelihood of the vehicle getting any issues during the stock yard stay? WIll I get to know any problems during the PDI? The Vento TSI at 12 lakh is very tempting.
Old 16th May 2015, 10:16   #532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay and Detroit-Dude for the suggestion. I would definitely once go to to the stockyard to check the vehicle and the VIN and then decide. I was wondering, is it OK to buy a car lying in the stockyard for 6 months.What is the likelihood of the vehicle getting any issues during the stock yard stay? WIll I get to know any problems during the PDI? The Vento TSI at 12 lakh is very tempting.
Very honestly, I wouldn't hesitate even if the car has been there since December. Do check out the condition of the stock yard though, to see what the car would have been through. Still, I would say go for it if all looks good.
Old 16th May 2015, 20:21   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Very honestly, I wouldn't hesitate even if the car has been there since December. Do check out the condition of the stock yard though, to see what the car would have been through. Still, I would say go for it if all looks good.
I have checked the car in the stock yard today. I have seen a yard for the first time and actually didn't like the way cars exposed to sun, rain and dust, even asked the SA why wouldn't they not use covered spaces, for which he replied that as cars aren't really expected to stay there for long they have open land for convenience and more so these were leased spaces. Coming to the actual car, my first glimpse of it didn't make me very happy as there was lot of dust which got collected, quite naturally though.

At the same time I couldn't really notice that the car has lost its sheen in terms of the paint but I could notice that the dust has even entered into the crevices near the door handles etc. The interior looked all right. The SA tried to convince me that as VW cars come with rust coating nothing would go wrong with the car, but I was in a fix and just came back saying that I would let him know very soon. Will they entertain a request for a test drive? Not that I can decide with one short drive, but may be for some satisfaction.
Old 16th May 2015, 22:10   #534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At the same time I couldn't really notice that the car has lost its sheen in terms of the paint but I could notice that the dust has even entered into the crevices near the door handles etc. The interior looked all right. The SA tried to convince me that as VW cars come with rust coating nothing would go wrong with the car, but I was in a fix and just came back saying that I would let him know very soon. Will they entertain a request for a test drive? Not that I can decide with one short drive, but may be for some satisfaction.
This is the problem with cars parked in open stock yard. I fail to understand why dealers don't keep them indoors. Even a shed type covering is enough. Customers will never think twice of picking old stock and dealer only benefits instead of having a car lying unsold which he has paid for.

Now coming to possible issues with the car. Nothing much with paint work actually.

Where you will find rust is on the brake discs and lots of it. Also on some suspension components.

Secondly, the rubber beadings on doors may have become little hard.

Under the hood, rubber hoses might have become hard like coolant, and other lines. Check those.

If you're lucky you might not have too many problems but since it's parked under sun and rain for months it's definitely a risk.
Old 16th May 2015, 22:59   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is the problem with cars parked in open stock yard. I fail to understand why dealers don't keep them indoors. Even a shed type covering is enough. Customers will never think twice of picking old stock and dealer only benefits instead of having a car lying unsold which he has paid for.

Now coming to possible issues with the car. Nothing much with paint work actually.

Where you will find rust is on the brake discs and lots of it. Also on some suspension components.

Secondly, the rubber beadings on doors may have become little hard.

Under the hood, rubber hoses might have become hard like coolant, and other lines. Check those.

If you're lucky you might not have too many problems but since it's parked under sun and rain for months it's definitely a risk.
Thanks Vid6639. Your post pretty much rests the case. I think its too risky to take it up, that too with the sophisticated DSG. I may not get a chance to check the pipes and hoses or all other rubber components which may have got affected and the discount is not big to trade peace of mind. Will wait for the GT to arrive.

Thanks all for your responses.
Old 17th May 2015, 21:32   #536
BHPian

I think that's a good decision. What I observe from my 5 months ownership of VW POLO TDI is, VW is good with its engine and handling. That's it!. Rubber beading, wiper, Mud flaps etc are of bad quality. I am not sure whether this is because of those parts are not really manufactured by VW.
In the last 5 months, I have driven around 6700Kms.
Few things that I feel are not good (rather very bad):
- Clutch is hard and slotting gears is not that smooth.
- Keep hearing squeaky rattle sound from left door or front dashboard when I drive over tiled pathways and rough road.
- Mud flaps are shaking (screws might have come off)
- Rubber beading of doors allow water inside during wash!
BTW, mine is Nov 2014 model, which I bought on 1st Jan 2015 from Palace Cross Bangalore. This might as well was in the sun and rain biting dust in the open for couple of months.
1.5TDI is keeping me happy, so all gets nullified often , that 3rd gear punch is just awesome
Anyways, I will be in for a free check up in a months time.
Old 18th May 2015, 11:06   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post

Rubber beading, wiper, Mud flaps etc are of bad quality. I am not sure whether this is because of those parts are not really manufactured by VW.

Few things that I feel are not good (rather very bad):
- Clutch is hard and slotting gears is not that smooth.
- Rubber beading of doors allow water inside during wash!
Hey ssbshankar I couldn't agree more with you on the quality of some parts on the VW Polo, which I am quite sure is the same case with Vento.

I have a June 2014 GT TDi, which is actually an April manufactured one. The Wiper blades are really pathetic, the door beading is not of great quality, etc. These parts are put together quite well, but they really are of an inferior quality nevertheless.

However, two things, which you must look into immediately:

- Clutch is surely not the USP of Polo TDI but surely you must have got used to it by now. Even if you have not, gears are really one of the smoothest of modern cars. On my GT, the gears slot into each gate effortlessly, almost as easily as if not better than on Hyundai cars.

- Though the door beading is not great, irrespective of rains or wash, no water seeps into the car on my GT.

At the end of the day, as you have mentioned, everything is forgotten when I floor that pedal and the hatch just pins me to the seat and a silly grin onto my face !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 18th May 2015 at 11:08.
Old 20th May 2015, 23:00   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
However, two things, which you must look into immediately:

- Clutch is surely not the USP of Polo TDI but surely you must have got used to it by now. Even if you have not, gears are really one of the smoothest of modern cars. On my GT, the gears slot into each gate effortlessly, almost as easily as if not better than on Hyundai cars.

- Though the door beading is not great, irrespective of rains or wash, no water seeps into the car on my GT.

At the end of the day, as you have mentioned, everything is forgotten when I floor that pedal and the hatch just pins me to the seat and a silly grin onto my face !!
Sure Sir!. I recently checked it once again while washing. This time, I did not notice water entering. Anyways, those rubber around the doors have to be checked once when I go for free check up next month.
Gear is also usually smooth, at times I see problem slotting reverse gear, it gets stuck somewhere in the middle. Again, not always. Might be something to do with clutch.
In this stop and go traffic of Bengaluru, especially KR Puram Junction -> mahadevpura -> Marathahalli, even God made machines take a toll, so, I am not really surprised about my polo's clutch/gear!
Old 17th June 2015, 08:59   #539
BHPian

What is the ex-showroom price of vento TSI in delhi NCR?
Also is there any price change expected in facelifted version of TSI?
Old 7th September 2015, 23:03   #540

Have booked my Vento TSI today, expecting delivery in time for Dushera festivities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks