Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2014, 12:22   #511

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Thats a very interesting comparison sandeepmohan. The Linea T-jet and Vento TSI are probably the most "sporty/enthusiast friendly" C segment petrol sedans out there. Pity Ford discontinued the Fiesta petrol.
I am quite surprised at the differences you find between the GT TSI and Vento. Does this mean that VW have made some changes to steering/braking setup as part of the facelift?
Perhaps other BHPians who have had a chance to drive pre and post facelift versions can also comment
tifosiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 19:11   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I stuck to D for all my driving. Cruising at the ton, engine spinning at about 2050rpm and the gearbox on top gear (D7), I slammed the throttle as far as it would go. A pause takes place for a little over second, rpm shoots north of 4000rpm, I think we dropped down to D4 and we are flying. I have no words to describe the feeling. You have to experience what this little 1.2l Tsi engine can do.
I did something similar to this while test driving the GT TSi and totally know the feeling you are talking about.

I'm in the market for a Vento TSi and hope to finalize the purchase within next 2 months. Any tips from our Pune-based BHPians? I took a test drive from VW Pune but have heard VW Pune West are better. Any little bit of info would be much appreciated. Cheers!
deovrat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 18:27   #513
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am considering an upgrade to a purely fun to drive sedan and the Linea Tjet and Vento TSI are the prime candidates.

Is there any news about a possible engine upgrade of the Vento TSI to the 1.4 TSI?

Also does any one have any clue if Volkswagen has any plans of launching a MT version of the TSI?
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:39   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
I am considering an upgrade to a purely fun to drive sedan and the Linea Tjet and Vento TSI are the prime candidates.
A fellow bhpian did a small comparison between Tjet and Vento TSi. Link.

Quote:
Is there any news about a possible engine upgrade of the Vento TSI to the 1.4 TSI?
1.4 TSi will be kept for Jetta and Octavia. 1.2 TSi has enough power to keep everyone satisfied. 1.2 TSi may see change in power once new Polo is launched in Q4 2015 or Q1 2016.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 12:33   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
A fellow bhpian did a small comparison between Tjet and Vento TSi. Link.

Yeah i went through that, though a very short and precise review somehow the Tjet and the TSI cant be discussed considering the same parameters, since the Tjet suffers from a bad gear box while the TSI has one of the best ,though plagued auto box , the Tjet's engine is a little dated while compared to the TSI which is from the latest generation of forced induction motors with Direct Injection.

And the fit and finish of FIAT's have always been an issue. The only place where FIAT scores brownie points is the Dynamics of the vehicle.Simply astounding.

I really dont care about the bells and whistles in the car, the only thing that i am looking out for is a car which is built to last and one which will be thoroughly entertaining to drive and should not leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
1.4 TSi will be kept for Jetta and Octavia. 1.2 TSi has enough power to keep everyone satisfied. 1.2 TSi may see change in power once new Polo is launched in Q4 2015 or Q1 2016.
How much can they extract out of the 1.2 unit while maintaining a sane FE?

Is there any news of a MT version of the TSI?

Last edited by adneo : 4th January 2015 at 12:35.
Old 5th January 2015, 11:29   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also does any one have any clue if Volkswagen has any plans of launching a MT version of the TSI?
VW is looking at taking up the GT (GTI) with the 1.4l engine (up to 177bhp) but not on the Vento. This news is on the latest edition of Autocar. The question is if anyone will want to pay for a GT that costs well in excess of 15lac.

I doubt if a manual will ever make it on the 1.2 Tsi. I see no need for it. I know and understand the fun behind driving a manual but trust me, once you spend time with a dsg, there is no looking back.

On the subject of the most satisfying drive, the T Jet is my personal choice. In my city, a new 2014 T Jet is >2 lac cheaper than a Vento Tsi and next to no waiting period.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 5th January 2015 at 11:44.
Old 13th January 2015, 19:31   #517
BHPian

Guys,
Last week , we went to Munnar in My Vento tsi. 5 people on board with good luggage. From Kochi to Munnar, being uphill, i got 14 Kms/lt in the plains, and a mileage of 10kms/lt when doing uphill. While returning,being downhill, the mileage touched 19kms/lt and back in plains, with traffic, I got 17kms/lt.
I used the sports mode while going up the ghats. S mode just rocks.
Cheers
Old 15th April 2015, 09:24   #518
BHPian

Booked a Vento TSI yesterday! B.U. Bhandari luckily had a highline Toffee Brown in transit so should be getting the delivery next week
Old 15th April 2015, 10:04   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
Booked a Vento TSI yesterday! B.U. Bhandari luckily had a highline Toffee Brown in transit so should be getting the delivery next week
Congratulations and welcome to Pune TSI owners club. I am sure you will enjoy it
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 10:42   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! As a proud owner of a Vento TSI since October 2013, I can tell you that you will enjoy every moment with it. Thrilling and relaxing at the same time. It will definitely keep your BP at normal levels in Pune traffic.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 10:59   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Congratulations! As a proud owner of a Vento TSI since October 2013, I can tell you that you will enjoy every moment with it. Thrilling and relaxing at the same time. It will definitely keep your BP at normal levels in Pune traffic.
I am counting on the thrilling and relaxing part . Been driving a T-Jet since 2012. The T-Jet is a fantastic car no doubt, but 3 years on I think the game has moved on. The TSI with the DGS gearbox is a perfect combination for both the daily commute and weekend jaunts.

BTW, any Pune guys out there with VAG COMs? Definitely need the needle sweep and the teardrop wiping.
Old 16th April 2015, 21:51   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosiboy View Post
Thats a very interesting comparison sandeepmohan. The Linea T-jet and Vento TSI are probably the most "sporty/enthusiast friendly" C segment petrol sedans out there. Pity Ford discontinued the Fiesta petrol.

I am quite surprised at the differences you find between the GT TSI and Vento. Does this mean that VW have made some changes to steering/braking setup as part of the facelift?

Perhaps other BHPians who have had a chance to drive pre and post facelift versions can also comment

That seems to be the case. I drove the new vento tsi as well as tdi dsg and noticed a very significant improvement in steering feel vis-a-vis the older vento and gt tsi. While the earlier steering was quite lifeless and elastic the new one felt quite nice.
Somehow the tdi dsg was more fun to drive but beyond my budget.
My vento tsi is on its way in the coming week hopefully...super excited guys😄
Old 27th April 2015, 16:48   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Could you please tell us the pricing you are offered from B U Bhandari, the discounts and any accessories?
Old 27th April 2015, 22:00   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Congratulations! Could you please tell us the pricing you are offered from B U Bhandari, the discounts and any accessories?
Zero discounts offered initially. They did agree to provide mud flaps and floor mats though. The SE I dealt with (Aniruddh) was very straightforward about the discounts part. Later on in the sales process he figured out that my wife (car is in her name) is eligible for a "teacher discount" that he initially said would be Rs. 5000, which later became Rs. 7000 and finally 7,8xx . All of this without any follow up from my side. They did offer an exchange bonus of 20k on my T-Jet, but I suspect that is more of a feel good factor since they tend to reduce the valuation of the car being exchanged anyway.
jogidada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 10:35   #525
BHPian

Has anyone managed to successfully fit the Polo GT TDI/ TSI dead pedal on the Vento TSI? Been on multiple calls with the BU Bhandari store manager. Initially he couldn't figure out what a dead pedal meant. . He finally figured out that the dead pedal is a "footrest" in VW speak. Have been warned that my warranty will be void if I fit the dead pedal!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks