Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 17:07   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
That's disappointing to hear. Since, from your profile, you seem based in Bangalore, did you try one of the showrooms here? I know VW Palace Cross has a white and silver available.
There are other colors available from the time I had booked (black/terra biege/white/silver). Just no blue and grey ones that we were hoping to get. I've a KA registered Getz. Therefore planning to get the new one in Kerala.
Old 15th August 2014, 11:49   #497
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Happy Camper!

Finally took deliver of my new Reflex Silver Vento TSI.

I can't express how awesome was the drive back home from the dealership with this super smooth DSG box.

I am currently driving the EcoSport AT for last six months and trust me the refinement of VW Vento TSI is super awesome.
Now I don't feel like driving my EcoSport AT at all.

PS: Vento TSI is going to be my wife's car though. (will try to give her the EcoSport AT :P)

Will update some pics soon.

Cheers!
raz0r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 13:32   #498
BHPian

Few Shots of my new Vento TSI.

Accessories so far:
1. Door Visor (Slim line)
2. Window chrome line
3. Door sil / sill.

Looking for :
1. Sports Pedal (Can someone help me source it. I am in South Delhi)
2. Footwell light
3. DRL

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-1img20140815wa0008.jpg  

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-1img20140815wa0010.jpg  

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-vento1.jpg  

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-811130824_4006989723581226923.jpeg  

Old 17th August 2014, 13:53   #499
BHPian

Raz0r, how much did you pay for windows chrome strip?
Old 17th August 2014, 13:59   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Raz0r, how much did you pay for windows chrome strip?
I paid in total 4K for all of them i.e : Visor + door sill + window chrome

Window Chrome was about Rs.2000 if I remember.
Old 18th August 2014, 00:54   #501
BHPian

Visited Volkswagen showroom on Hosur road with hope of testdriving Vento-Tsi. They didn't have a testdrive car available, and even the Polo-Tsi had gone somewhere for some event.. Have read so much about the Tsi that I can't control the itch to drive it, but guess that has to happen some other day.

Interestingly, the sales advisor there said Vento-Tsi is available in ready stock in white. I know, that's not much of choice, but given the kind of waiting period being discussed on this thread, thought this information might be useful to someone who needs a car soon.

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:39   #502
BHPian

VW WhiteField(Bangalore) has 3 Vento TSIs(Black, White and Beige)
One of my friend wanted to buy Honda City CVT, on the weekend we had been to couple of Honda showrooms, and expected waiting period is around 3 to 6 months.

So, today I took him to VW Whitefield. I was surprised to hear that they have four Vento TSi(Black, White, Silver and Beige). Paid the booking amount(of Rs 50K) and closed the deal for the Silver.

I have got a voucher(Rs 2,500) for referring a new customer.
Old 22nd August 2014, 13:53   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like all showrooms in Bangalore have stock. Even VW Palace Cross had a silver and white in stock. Wonder why VW is suddenly supplying a good number of cars. Maybe because the GT TSI production had been suspended in preparation for the face-lift?

VW should have ensured good supplies earlier itself. Since the Vento will be refreshed in a couple of months, many customers will want to wait for the face lifted model.

Additional Note: Maybe since the face-lift is almost due, and they still have inventories of the current model components, and the TSI would sell easier than the regular petrol, they may have started producing more TSI's.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 22nd August 2014 at 13:56.
Old 22nd August 2014, 14:03   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Few Shots of my new Vento TSI.

Looking for :
I got sport pedals ordered on aliexpress dot com for my Vento (normal AT). I took measurements and the one of the sellers seem to be selling one that looks like it will fit. Let it come, I will let you know if they fit. Guess it will take about a month or so for them to come.

Heres hte link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOLKS...979872020.html
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:07   #505
BHPian

Quote:
I paid in total 4K for all of them i.e : Visor + door sill + window chrome

Window Chrome was about Rs.2000 if I remember.
is window chrome available at VW? i thought it only came with STYLE version?

did you buy it from VW showroom or service center?
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:12   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
is window chrome available at VW? i thought it only came with STYLE version?

did you buy it from VW showroom or service center?
I bought it from the VW showroom only. (Volkswagen Saket, New Delhi)
Old 27th August 2014, 10:13   #507
BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from the VW showroom only. (Volkswagen Saket, New Delhi)
Is it a PVC strip? while searching, i am finding some PVC strip (chromed) in ebay. I am trying to install window chrome in my TSI. But not sure where in bangalore I can get it.
Old 27th August 2014, 10:20   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Is it a PVC strip? while searching, i am finding some PVC strip (chromed) in ebay. I am trying to install window chrome in my TSI. But not sure where in bangalore I can get it.
I am not sure if it's PVC, but touch feels like some kind of flexible plastic, might as well be a PVC.
Old 29th August 2014, 21:46   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I got sport pedals ordered on aliexpress dot com for my Vento (normal AT). I took measurements and the one of the sellers seem to be selling one that looks like it will fit. Let it come, I will let you know if they fit. Guess it will take about a month or so for them to come.

Heres hte link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOLKS...979872020.html
Hey Raz0r

Got the sport pedals yesterday. So all it took was about a week from ordering. very very impressive.

The pedals are a perfect fit! You just need to take out the OEM rubber ones and these slot in for those. I guess you can take a measurement and if your car's pedals are same size as in the link then you can order them.
Old 5th November 2014, 13:56   #510
Senior - BHPian

Drove a friend's/colleagues Vento Tsi on the highway. The car was bought on my recommendation though I had no experience with the car. For someone driving a Baleno for 8 years, it was difficult to accept a sedan with a 1.2l engine. The plan was to buy a GT Tsi but this fizzled out as the car has terrible room at the back. VW should get rid of those rear doors on the GT. Had experienced the GT soon after launch last year and were blown away by the car. The GT twins are without doubt the most entertaining hatchbacks you can buy today.

Vento Tsi vs GT Tsi.
I drove last years model of the GT Tsi and the Vento I drove is the new face lift. The first thing that I noticed was the much improved steering. For an Eps unit, its really good. The steering is light at parking speeds and weighs up well as you build speed. I knew exactly how much turn I was pushing on those front wheels. Not once did I feel a disconnect. This was not the case when I drove the GT from last year. The steering was too light and I never felt comfortable with it. Steering feedback is not up there with hydraulic units but its not something you will miss once you get the hang of it. The brakes were another revelation. The GT Tsi had a On/Off feeling and I could never get it right during the drive. None of this on the Vento. Braking and feedback from the pedal is good. A little more bite would have been nice. I am sure this will improve. The Vento had just 200 clicks on the odometer.

With regard to the suspension, I had no complaints with the GT. However; after driving the Vento, I feel its better on the sedan. It is a perfect balance of comfort and predictable handling. Yes; if you steer hard, you can feel that sway behind you which you won't find in the GT. Personally; I felt the suspension setup more sorted on the Vento. We were two on board the Vento. I can't say what it will feel like with 4 passengers and a boot full of luggage.

When my colleague shot down the GT Tsi, I pushed him to get the Vento Tsi. He was worried about performance. I was sure the impact would be minimal from the GT to the Vento. After taking the Vento Tsi for a test run, this was indeed confirmed. That is the brilliance of the 1.2l Tsi mated to the dsg gearbox. It will take a back to back drive of the GT and Vento to notice the difference. Else, both the cars feel quick off the mark. I stuck to D for all my driving. Cruising at the ton, engine spinning at about 2050rpm and the gearbox on top gear (D7), I slammed the throttle as far as it would go. A pause takes place for a little over second, rpm shoots north of 4000rpm, I think we dropped down to D4 and we are flying. I have no words to describe the feeling. You have to experience what this little 1.2l Tsi engine can do. I saw 160kmph and it felt effortless getting there. I backed off the throttle and everything was back to normal. Gearbox and engine got out of frantic mode and we settled down to an rpm of 2000. We were cruising. I did not try Sport mode all that much. My aim was to see how much I can do with D mode and its all you will ever need for a city run or a highway sprint.

Vento Tsi vs Linea T Jet
These two cars come really close on power. With full control of the clutch and throttle, its the Linea that has an edge. The car feels quicker to launch. There is a mad rush of power as you build rpm. What plays spoil sport is the gearbox on the Linea. It is far from precise. This is where the Vento has an edge. The dsg gearbox allows you to explore the full capability of the engine. I also feel it masks turbo lag (If any). There is no escaping lag on the T Jet, its there and very pronounced due to the gearbox. You need to work the gearbox to make the most out of the engine. No guesses for the best steering wheel. The Linea is super precise and it talks to you all the time. I drive a 2011 T Jet so nothing on this car is watered down as many have said about the face lift Linea. However; I will say that I can totally live with the Vento's EPS unit. Its so easy to use at parking speeds. I now find the steering on my Linea a little too heavy at parking speeds. It was very evident as soon as we switched cars. For a moment I was wondering if the hydraulic steering pump had failed.

Ride and Handling. My pick is the Linea. The car rides flat and does even better when loaded. You can push harder, faster and with more confidence in a Linea. The suspension setup is on the stiffer side. On the Vento, the setup seems more comfort oriented which works well on our uneven roads.

Interiors and Ergonomics. When you look at a Linea, it gives you a sense of space but that is not the case on the inside. Space is nothing more than what some hatch backs offer. Even the distance between driver and co passenger is limited. The Vento has a little more room at the back. I prefer the seats on the Linea though. You sit higher and under thigh support is superb. If only they could manage more legroom, it would be perfect. A driver will be more comfortable in a Vento. The Linea has a slightly odd arrangement of the steering wheel, pedals and seat. The pedals and steering wheel are too far out. Try adjusting the seat to stretch your legs and drive and the steering wheel goes too far away. Besides; you kill whatever limited space there is for the passenger that sits right behind the driver. There is plenty of storage bins inside the Vento and Linea to hold stuff, however, you won't find a single slot in the Linea that can accommodate a bottle of water. Stalks are easy to use on both cars. On car quality, the Vento is a little better. The Linea T Jet was know to be best finished and fitted car to roll out of Fiat India. However; there are rough edges. Some rubber and plastic bits scream cheap. You won't find anything like this in a Vento. This is a high quality car. The new flat bottom steering wheel is beautiful to hold.

Cabin noise. This is another area where the Vento scores higher. At the ton, the cabin is calm and quiet. Cabin noise is more in a Linea and you will need to dial in a little more gain on the radio. I attribute the higher in cabin noise towards the wheels as the Linea runs massive 205 section, 16” rubber.

To sum things up, if I were in the market today for a C+ segment car, I'd pick the Vento Tsi.
sandeepmohan is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks