Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 18:34   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
My booking is now 5 months old and yet to get a pepper grey or shadow blue The latest I was told is that these 2 colors are stopped for Vento TSI while a white one is readily available. Have someone heard something similar about the 2 colors being discontinued?
Have heard from multiple sources that shadow blue has been discontinued. Not heard anything about pepper gray.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 19:42   #482

Quote:
My booking is now 5 months old and yet to get a pepper grey or shadow blue The latest I was told is that these 2 colors are stopped for Vento TSI while a white one is readily available. Have someone heard something similar about the 2 colors being discontinued?
I can categorically confirm that shadow blue has been discontinued. One of the dealers says pepper gray is expected, they have no idea when. Considering the general lack of interest among the dealers to sell this car, it makes more sense to get one for yourself when it's available then waiting for a good-knows-when facelift IMHO.

Bookings seem to be open at Volkswagen palace cross showroom in Bangalore since they have received few vehicles and deliveries promised within 2 days on full payment. Try talking to them ASAP so that you can soon join the revered tsi club :thumbup:

OT: Booked a Terra Beige vento tsi. A big thumbs up to Rajeev for his valuable suggestions and all the help!
srikanth.hv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 21:49   #483
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth.hv View Post
OT: Booked a Terra Beige vento tsi. A big thumbs up to Rajeev for his valuable suggestions and all the help!
Congrats Srikanth on your booking. I was told terra beige & white are available. Would still like to fulfill my better half's wish for a grey or blue.
I like white though. Haven't seen terra beige in person - not sure how it would look.
Old 30th July 2014, 21:51   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Have heard from multiple sources that shadow blue has been discontinued. Not heard anything about pepper gray.
Thanks @Rajeevraj. Heard anything about them introducing some other shade of blue instead of the shadow blue?
Old 30th July 2014, 22:28   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @Rajeevraj. Heard anything about them introducing some other shade of blue instead of the shadow blue?
Just my thoughts. The face-lifted polo comes in a night blue shade (some pictures are there in the polo thread). I assume the same would come with the Vento when it is face-lifted. I think rumors of the Diesel DSG point to a festive season release, so I assume that would come along with some face-lift.
Old 10th August 2014, 11:06   #486
BHPian

I recently booked a Vento TSI (silver) at Volkswagen Delhi Metropolitan, Saket, New Delhi.

I am very confused at one thing. I asked the SA what oil is used and he said all ventos including TSI comes with synthetic oil.

Can some one shed some light on this.

What ever I have read on TeamBHP so far tells me that we should not use synthetic oil initially in our cars.
Old 10th August 2014, 11:11   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
I am very confused at one thing. I asked the SA what oil is used and he said all ventos including TSI comes with synthetic oil.

What ever I have read on TeamBHP so far tells me that we should not use synthetic oil initially in our cars.

All VAG cars are designed for use with synthetic oils, so that should not be a cause for concern. The only thing you should look out for is the tendency of TSi engines to consume oil heavily. I don't face a problem with that in my Superb, as it displays an oil warning. But if the Vento does not have that, you should check your dip stick regularly.

I don't see any rationale for not using synthetic oils on new cars, anyway.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 11:17   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
All VAG cars are designed for use with synthetic oils, so that should not be a cause for concern. The only thing you should look out for is the tendency of TSi engines to consume oil heavily. I don't face a problem with that in my Superb, as it displays an oil warning. But if the Vento does not have that, you should check your dip stick regularly.

My concerns are regarding the break in period. If synthetic oil is used, it will delay the engine break in period.

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by raz0r : 10th August 2014 at 11:34.
Old 11th August 2014, 09:03   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
All VAG cars are designed for use with synthetic oils, so that should not be a cause for concern. The only thing you should look out for is the tendency of TSi engines to consume oil heavily.
No, all new Polo TSi and Vento TSi comes with the mineral oil. There was a recall from VW to change the oil from "synthetic to mineral". I had taken my car to VW Whitefield, and they confirmed that my car had mineral oil(and not synthetic).
Please ask SA to check with the Service Manager, they have a campaign(forgot the campaign number) going on, in which they are supposed to replace the oil(from synthetic to mineral).

You could also refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/144370-vw-announces-global-recall-26-lakh-cars-including-7-speed-dsg-5.html
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 10:36   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you guys referring to the DSG transmission oil or engine oil? I think raz0r was referring to the latter.

If I understand correctly, the DSG oil has recently been changed to mineral while the engine oil remains synthetic.
Old 11th August 2014, 11:17   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Are you guys referring to the DSG transmission oil or engine oil? I think raz0r was referring to the latter.

If I understand correctly, the DSG oil has recently been changed to mineral while the engine oil remains synthetic.
According to my understanding 7 speed DSG is a dry box, where as 6 speed DSG is a wet box. Since TSi has the 7 speed DSG, it does not need the gearbox oil.
Old 11th August 2014, 14:21   #492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
According to my understanding 7 speed DSG is a dry box, where as 6 speed DSG is a wet box. Since TSi has the 7 speed DSG, it does not need the gearbox oil.
No!!!! Any gearbox will need oil

It's not the gearbox but the clutch. The 6 speed DSG is a wet clutch whereas the 7 speed is a dry clutch.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 17:09   #493
BHPian

Thanks for all the feedbacks, just got off the call with VW service expert in Delhi.

The engine oil is 5w40 which is synthetic, whereas the gearbox oil has been switched to mineral one from synthetic.

Synthetic gearbox oil was causing electrical short-circuit in the DSG box hence the change.

Summary:
Engine oil is synthetic 5w40
Gearbox oil is mineral oil. (life of the gearbox oil is 50K i.e changed every 50K KMs)

I am satisfied with the doubt at last.
raz0r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 15:48   #494
BHPian

I had booked the Vento TSI from Cochin dealership on Feb 28th. The color options given were shadow blue and pepper grey. Every follow up done after the booking met with the same "no allocation yet" answer so far.

Now since the colors have been discontinued, I may not get either of those even though I had booked while they were available. After my chat with the sales executive yesterday, sadly I've to cancel my booking as he doesn't expect allocation during this month as well.

6 months of waiting from a heart-broken prospective VW customer. Thought of dropping a note to VW through their website, guess that might not be of any use.

Have to start fresh now with a stretched budget of 15L now - probably a sibling of the nameless fellow that Dhanush owns. I'll miss the TSI/DSG though !!
Old 14th August 2014, 16:04   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had booked the Vento TSI from Cochin dealership on Feb 28th. The color options given were shadow blue and pepper grey. Every follow up done after the booking met with the same "no allocation yet" answer so far.

Now since the colors have been discontinued, I may not get either of those even though I had booked while they were available. After my chat with the sales executive yesterday, sadly I've to cancel my booking as he doesn't expect allocation during this month as well.

6 months of waiting from a heart-broken prospective VW customer. Thought of dropping a note to VW through their website, guess that might not be of any use.

Have to start fresh now with a stretched budget of 15L now - probably a sibling of the nameless fellow that Dhanush owns. I'll miss the TSI/DSG though !!

That's disappointing to hear. Since, from your profile, you seem based in Bangalore, did you try one of the showrooms here? I know VW Palace Cross has a white and silver available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks