Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2014, 10:26   #391
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hey shortsell

I have taken delivery in the 3rd week of january.
Thanks Atlantis. Can you tell me when you booked the car?
Old 11th February 2014, 10:36   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Thanks Atlantis. Can you tell me when you booked the car?
I did my booking sometime in mid- december.

I am not sure how things are happening though. I was told that VW is sending only 2 cars (TSI) per dealership per month. Even otherwise they did not have to persuade me too much to change my colour option since that was my first choice anyway.

They did ask me to give it in writing that i was willing to change my booking colour.
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 17:22   #393
BHPian

I got a call from my dealer asking me if I'm willing to change the color preference to grey or white (vento Tsi). Myself and wife had a look at few of those cars parked in VW mountroad, but pepper grey really did not appeal to us. We came back thanking the dealer for offering us the choice and informed him that we will stick to shadow blue. Apparently by Feb End they will be able to clear all the back log.
Old 12th February 2014, 20:18   #394
BHPian

I got a December booking of my friend transferred to my name.
My color preference was Black or Pepper Grey.
After a week SA informed me that Pepper Grey was allocated to me and delivery will be by Feb end
Then after a few days I get a call from SA saying both colors are not available and I can choose from either silver or terra biege. I told him how is it possible if a pepper grey car was already allocated. Told him I am cancelling the booking if my color choice is not available and gave him a day to get back to me.
By the end of the day he agreed for Pepper Grey.
Looks like he had another customer for Pepper Grey.
But yes looks like all the backlog will be cleared by Feb end
Old 15th February 2014, 23:11   #395
BHPian

Can anyone who has driven both a Vento TSI and a Ford Fiesta A/T draw a comparison between the DSG of the two?
Also any comments on the 10 yr warranty offered by Ford on the gearbox? Personally, it gives me much more confidence than VW who are not even offering an extended warranty on the TSI.
I would also like some frank comparison on the A.S.S of the two.
Old 15th February 2014, 23:50   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
Can anyone who has driven both a Vento TSI and a Ford Fiesta A/T draw a comparison between the DSG of the two?
Also any comments on the 10 yr warranty offered by Ford on the gearbox? Personally, it gives me much more confidence than VW who are not even offering an extended warranty on the TSI.
1- Feel - While driving normally the Fiesta AT is pretty close to Tsi in shift, esp upwards, only the coasting and downnshifts characteristics are slightly different in. Tsi being better in that respect. Along with one more gear ratio. So a slim victory for Tsi, but honestly for normal usage, this will NOT matter.

2 - Guarantee - Ford any day, 10 years is lifetime. I would grab it!

3 - Service - In bangalore again Ford would win anyday without trying.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 01:05   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
One reason I went for the vento over the fiesta was that the fiesta dsg did not have a tiptronic/ paddle shift manual mode. Not sure if this feature will be available in the 2014 refreshed model
Old 16th February 2014, 12:13   #398
BHPian

hi
Just wanted to ask ;are they still taking bookings/delivering the ford fiesta in the DCT versions ? My queries to the ford dealerships in chennai sent in december 2013 are yet to be even answered .
I have already got my vento TSi !
Old 16th February 2014, 14:06   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hi Just wanted to ask ;are they still taking bookings/delivering the ford fiesta in the DCT versions ? !
Ford had long stopped taking bookings for fiesta AT. MPL ford tells me that they are unlikely to change that. Ecosport keeps them busy enough I guess.
Old 16th February 2014, 18:14   #400
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from my dealer asking me if I'm willing to change the color preference to grey or white (vento Tsi). Myself and wife had a look at few of those cars parked in VW mountroad, but pepper grey really did not appeal to us. We came back thanking the dealer for offering us the choice and informed him that we will stick to shadow blue. Apparently by Feb End they will be able to clear all the back log.
hi

Do keep us updated . Hope you get your ride soon !
Also watch out for the engine type they mention in the insurance and registration papers.

I am getting it sorted out in my insurance papers. Very annoying because they have mentioned the cubic capacity as 1600. I presume they have actually charged me a higher premium ! Anyway ;have raised the issue and it is currently being sorted out.
Old 17th February 2014, 02:29   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Ford had long stopped taking bookings for fiesta AT. MPL ford tells me that they are unlikely to change that. Ecosport keeps them busy enough I guess.
Facelifted version will be launched in march.

Any news about extended warranty on vento tsi?
On a funny note , can there be separate insurance for dsg gear box?
Old 17th February 2014, 06:46   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
On a funny note , can there be separate insurance for dsg gear box?
Actually, you are not alone. I have booked an Octavia, and I too have thought if it would be possible to take an insurance for high cost spares like DSG, ABS etc., something similar to mediclaim But I believe no such insurance exists! Maybe we should write to insurance companies to create a product for automobile health insurance. That would be a boon to people who buy German cars.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:10   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Excise Duty on cars in the Vento TSI bracket will reduce from 24% to 20% effective almost immediately based on today's interim budget. Assuming VW passes the benefit on to customers, we should see a reduction of almost Rs. 40K. THis will bring the Vento TSI's ex-showroom price point below the 10 Lac mark in Chennai (right now it is around 10.25 lacs) and in turn result in a road-tax reduction from 15% to 10% in Tamil Nadu - resulting in another 50K or so of savings. I expect the Vento TSI to cost almost Rs. 1 Lac less in Chennai on account of these moves, making it a mouth watering proposition!
Old 19th February 2014, 20:43   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Excise Duty on cars in the Vento TSI bracket will reduce from 24% to 20% effective almost immediately based on today's interim budget. Assuming VW passes the benefit on to customers, we should see a reduction of almost Rs. 40K. THis will bring the Vento TSI's ex-showroom price point below the 10 Lac mark in Chennai (right now it is around 10.25 lacs) and in turn result in a road-tax reduction from 15% to 10% in Tamil Nadu - resulting in another 50K or so of savings. I expect the Vento TSI to cost almost Rs. 1 Lac less in Chennai on account of these moves, making it a mouth watering proposition!
based on recent news VW has reduced prices of Vento by upto 27000 only, so the affect on OTR remains to be seen. Soon the dealership should have the accurate local prices. My guess is dealership may reduce this amount from the OTR, thereby increasing their margins which had been tight for a long time.
Old 23rd February 2014, 23:27   #405
BHPian

>>>

Any Vento 1.2 TSI owners upto writing about their ownership experiences?
I am curious to know about :

1. the performance of the 7 speed DSG
2. rear seat comfort & spaciousness in city driving ( make that stop and go traffic)
3. suspension
4. power delivery/tractability of the 1197 cc turbo petrol four cylinder engine

Regards
issigonis

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks