Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2014, 08:26   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post

Am I missing something here folks!

For someone who insisted on a 2014 VIN, isn't a one month waiting period normal/market standard? I went to buy a car for my friend, even Ritz and swift (metallic) of 2014 VIN will be delivered after Feb. I don't have data on cars from similar segment (Ford ha stopped accepting orders for new fiesta AT, and Honda had a new launch coming up)
I think the point is that there have been no cars available from around November end even if you were not particular about 2014 VIN. After the initial lot of cars delivered after launch ( in October) most dealers have not got any more cars. No official communication has been forth coming as to the reason for this. We have heard reasons like tsi dsg supply constraints, relaunch with feature additions, Wait and watch approach to see what Honda offers with respect to pricing and features etc..
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 09:46   #347
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think the point is that there have been no cars available from around November end even if you were not particular about 2014 VIN. After the initial lot of cars delivered after launch ( in October) most dealers have not got any more cars. No official communication has been forth coming as to the reason for this. We have heard reasons like tsi dsg supply constraints, relaunch with feature additions, Wait and watch approach to see what Honda offers with respect to pricing and features etc..
Well i'm not so sure here. Do we have examples of people who asked for 2013 cars in november and did not get it or are we just speculating because we have not seen too many Vento Tsi's on the road. May be the actual reason is that the product has not taken off at all! Personally I think its a mix of all, including the then upcoming launch of city. Now that I understand City has priced its petrol AT above Vento Tsi, VW may get away with a price hike in Jan..about say 1-2%. i think its coming and that may be one of the reasons for the delay.

Anyway FYI, VW mount road, chennai told me in Nov that if i want a 2013 VIN, they could deliver it in 1st week of Dec.
Old 8th January 2014, 11:45   #348
BHPian

i guess the vento tsi has not taken off at all ! current owners dare to speculate why ?
Old 8th January 2014, 12:50   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
i guess the vento tsi has not taken off at all ! current owners dare to speculate why ?
I am not sure about the Vento TSi.

When I had booked the Polo TSi(3 months back), there were around 20 people ahead of me, and expected waiting period was like six months. Whereas I could have bought the normal Polo off the shelf.

In one of the meetings with the Sales Manager(VW Whitefield), he also mentioned that if they had got enough supply of vehicles(Polo GT TSi) from VW, they could have sold it in lot more numbers.

At one point, they had even stopped taking the booking for the GT TSi.
Old 8th January 2014, 13:24   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Well i'm not so sure here. Do we have examples of people who asked for 2013 cars in november and did not get it or are we just speculating because we have not seen too many Vento Tsi's on the road.

Anyway FYI, VW mount road, chennai told me in Nov that if i want a 2013 VIN, they could deliver it in 1st week of Dec.
I myself am a good example. I had booked around Oct end for a Shadow Blue color, and was promised delivery in 1 month, this status continued till mid November, at that time when I went to enquire the status, I was told VW will not be supplying any more cars till Jan and I can expect delivery only by Jan end. I went to another dealer and their response was also they same. They had a black and silver which had just come in around Nov 10th and they said those were the last cars they will get in 2013. At the time of delivery my SA said that they had been asked to stop bookings till Jan. There are a couple of bhpians also who wanted to purchase the TSI and were told bookings had been stopped.

Quote:
IMO the only reason it has not taken off yet is the lack of promotion and awareness creation from VW side. They followed this up with poor supplies of the car. They had a golden opportunity in the last 3 months of 2013 to make an impact since both their chief competitors Honda City and Ford Fiesta were not available.

The actual reasons as to why they did not do all this, I do not know. Thats where all the speculation is happening.

With the Honda CVT now released, I assume VW will wake up and do something about awareness and supply. Just looked at the price list shared on the City thread. The City CVT VX is ~14L OTR Bangalore. The SV is cheaper than the TSI at 11.8L, but does not have several features expected at this price.
Old 8th January 2014, 13:46   #351
BHPian

IMO the only reason it has not taken off yet is the lack of promotion and awareness creation from VW side. They followed this up with poor supplies of the car. They had a golden opportunity in the last 3 months of 2013 to make an impact since both their chief competitors Honda City and Ford Fiesta were not available.

The actual reasons as to why they did not do all this, I do not know. Thats where all the speculation is happening.

With the Honda CVT now released, I assume VW will wake up and do something about awareness and supply. Just looked at the price list shared on the City thread. The City CVT VX is ~14L OTR Bangalore. The SV is cheaper than the TSI at 11.8L, but does not have several features expected at this price.[/quote]

Guess they snoozed the alarm clock a bit too long
look at the latest issue of auto car! it just seems like an ad for the honda city !!; that too with a report dedicated to the CVT v/s DSG models . i am sure a lot of people are going to be swayed by it.
just hope VW wake up in time at least to provide the little amount of prospective owners sooner deliveries at least .
Old 8th January 2014, 15:49   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They had a golden opportunity in the last 3 months of 2013 to make an impact since both their chief competitors Honda City and Ford Fiesta were not available.
That is true. VW lost at least one customer to Honda - me.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:52   #353
BHPian

Its getting difficult to choose between Vento TSI and the City 2014 SV CVT

Vento TSI advantages
----------------
TSI
DSG
Allow Wheels
Leatherette Seats
ESP
Parking Sensors

City 2014 sV advantages
--------------------------
Better Mileage
New model (Better resale value)
Better Interiors
Cruise control
Paddle Shifts
Honda ASS
Price
Old 8th January 2014, 16:09   #354
BHPian

DSG > CVT "always" also the fact that the build quality is not as good as the VW. I have not test drove the City but I expect the rubber band effect to be prevalent.

Cruise control is a nice addition to the city but other than that it has a bit more space but in terms of an auto box VW wins. Even the new Fiesta will be a good option if priced around 9.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:22   #355
Senior - BHPian

I would not buy something which the company itself is not enthusiastic to sell. Not like the TSI Polo or even Vento TSI must be selling in any good numbers, but still 3 months and 6 months waiting period is just nonsense.

Get a car which sells in good numbers, when the time comes for component replacements, you will be happy, get something which hardly sells and tomorrow a broken part will leave the car in the service station for weeks.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 18:02   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Its getting difficult to choose between Vento TSI and the City 2014 SV CVT

Vento TSI advantages
----------------
TSI
DSG
Allow Wheels
Leatherette Seats
ESP
Parking Sensors

City 2014 sV advantages
--------------------------
Better Mileage
New model (Better resale value)
Better Interiors
Cruise control
Paddle Shifts
Honda ASS
Price
Slightly biased post as I am a TSI owner
In addition City SV does not have CD Player, Fog Lamps, Leather wrapped steering and gear stick housing, All 4 windows Auto up down, pinch guard on all windows, steering reach adjustment. Also not sure if the City has Hill Hold. The review seemed to indicate that it had, but the official brochure does not mention it.

Mileage difference I don't think is relevant in real world scenarios. Both the CVT and DSG will return poor mileage when driven hard and are very efficient when driven with a light foot.

Paddle shifts are nice, but the Tiptronic also allows manual control. Agree, paddle shifts are easier.

Cruise control is a great feature, especially on open highways when you want to keep to a speed limit. Miss this feature in the Vento.

Not seen the interiors in person, so no opinion on that. But felt the 5 inch audio system was gimmiky. Its not a touch screen, does not play video and there is no Navigation built in.

Agree about Honda reliability and peace of mind, but I will defer the judgement of After Sales Service. Reason is that Honda as a company till the Amaze launched were used to selling few thousand units per month. Now with the Amaze and the New City and the Brio doing well (plus with another 2 launches coming), they will be selling around 15,000 units per month. I am not sure if all the dealers have upgraded the service facilities to manage this increase.
Old 8th January 2014, 18:09   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Cruise control
Paddle Shifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Paddle shifts are nice, but the Tiptronic also allows manual control. Agree, paddle shifts are easier.

Cruise control is a great feature, especially on open highways when you want to keep to a speed limit. Miss this feature in the Vento.
Cruise control& paddle shifters can be had even on the Vento.Im sure you must have seen robimahanta & prithwi_81's threads.
These are all plug and play and can be bought from Pete's or Vagtune.
Old 11th January 2014, 17:12   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post

Cruise control& paddle shifters can be had even on the Vento.Im sure you must have seen robimahanta & prithwi_81's threads.
These are all plug and play and can be bought from Pete's or Vagtune.
Yes have been following these threads. There is a lot of future potential with modifications for this car. One of my reasons for buying it
Old 12th January 2014, 00:26   #359

2800+ Kms; quick FE update (measurement method - tankful to tankful)
I am a lazy foot driver (mostly) ; the highway trips had 2.5+1 or 3.5+1 passengers

19.31 on a highway stretch seems too good to be true; but my fuel receipts can't lie
8.61 on commute is acceptable (Bangalore folks will empathize; BTM/Silk board/ORR)

The car "Neelamma" is a pleasure to drive. Had a lot of fun on the Mysore-Coorg route (tiptronic on winding roads; music; great weather)
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-fe1.png  

raghu_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 10:42   #360
BHPian

Visited the Volkswagen Mumbai West showroom yesterday.
SA confirmed no change whatsoever in the 2014 model
2014 models have already been dispatched and delivery will start soon
Booking amount 50000 refundable and delivery is promised by mid Feb
No TD vehicle available which is not a surprise. I have driven the Polo TSI so I am sure it's not going to be much of a difference
They are going to get back to me with the final offer on Monday and if it's within my budget will book one immediately.
overall a good experience at the dealership.
Checked the City 2014 before that. The SV is going to cost me almost the same so decided against it and another reason is I've been driving the ANHC for 5 years now so going for a car with the same engine again is not that exciting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks