Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2013, 21:40   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadilnaik View Post
Is anyone else facing a problem with their Bluetooth connectivity on the stock edu/infotainment system? The audio randomnly stops when connected via Bluetooth (even though display on both phone as well as car show its playing)... Yet no sound... This happens at random, and I've tried it with various phones (iPhone, htc, Sony, blackbery)... Turning off and turning on doesnt solve it, yet it randomnly starts audio by itself...
VW were kind enough to replace it, but the exact same issue is happening with the new one too... Now the chance of me recieving a replacement system that was defective is really rare.. But I'm 100% sure it isn't a problem with the phone, as I've tried with alot of phones...
Suggestions/ solutions?

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Yes its a major pain. I have faced it a lot.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:21   #332
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Yes its a major pain. I have faced it a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadilnaik View Post
Is anyone else facing a problem with their Bluetooth connectivity on the stock edu/infotainment system? The audio randomnly stops when connected via Bluetooth (even though display on both phone as well as car show its playing)... Yet no sound... This happens at random, and I've tried it with various phones (iPhone, htc, Sony, blackbery)... Turning off and turning on doesnt solve it, yet it randomnly starts audio by itself...
VW were kind enough to replace it, but the exact same issue is happening with the new one too... Now the chance of me recieving a replacement system that was defective is really rare.. But I'm 100% sure it isn't a problem with the phone, as I've tried with alot of phones...
Suggestions/ solutions?

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
I too had the same problem in my GT. The bluetooth audio streaming was very erratic and couldn't find the exact cause why it works sometime and doesn't the other time. The headunit and the phone both show they are connected and playing the song but no sound.

Think finally i got a workaround. After pairing the phone for the first time, every time you connect your phone, makesure the headunit is switched off. Switch on the bluetooth in phone. Though the headunit is off, it will still pair with your phone and wait till it pairs without switching on the head unit. Now its good to go and everything works flawlessly. If we switch on the phone bluetooth after switching on the headunit the problem crops up again.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 06:23   #333
BHPian

Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Now I say this with extreme regret but after multiple threats and opportunities given to Volkswagen to rectify the issue, they have failed to respond in any understandable manner.

Issue: Bluetooth connectivity randomly looses sound. There is absolute silence, the song title shows on the player. The volume control shows that it's working, and everything else looks perfectly flawless but the sound is simply dead. This issue can continue for up to many hours and after many hit or miss attempts randomly begins working again. During the course of this malfunction - even the USB connection with the iPod looses sound. The issue is exactly the same, there is connectivity showing with the song title, it can rewind and fast forward to the next track, the volume display shows - but there is absolute silence.

Now I tried rectifying the problem with the Sewri branch and after a month and at least 8 visits to and from the workshop, I finally managed to procure a replacement. The time and effort it took for me to get the replacement was utterly despicable, considering the issue was one I had since the day I took the delivery of the car. But I was content anyways, since I got a replacement and thats all i really needed. Little did I know that my ordeal was about to get worse. My replacement started giving me the same issue as well - It sporadically began loosing sound - and then gaining it's full functionality back again. Like last time, the sound from the radio works perfectly during the Bluetooth malfunction. And like last time - the USB stops working during the time the Bluetooth does not work. I complained again at the Sewri branch. wrote endless number of mails all to no avail. The first replacement also was a product of the mail I had written to VW. This time though, the person (name withheld) who was in charge of my problem told me "he had tried all he could, and nothing would help now except another mail form you".

Now personally, I think this is a preposterous suggestion. You simply cannot ask a customer to write a mail since the official person had "tried all he could".
But again, out of dire necessity I complied with the request only to be directed to the workshop at Lalbaug. They updated the system and said "the issue will never occur now, and they guarantee it". Now it's re-occurred, and I'm pretty certain it has happened with many of the other Vento owners as well. This has got to be a problem with the entire system itself - since the odds of me getting a "defective" piece twice are negligible.

The car is brilliant, and theres no way anything else in the market comes close to competing with this engine and gearbox in this price segment - but owing to poor experiences with service backup - I almost wish I could go back to my old Honda City trouble free days.

I've written this lengthy writeup only to warn future buyers about the faulty system that comes stock with this vehicle. 9 times out of 10 it works - but when it fails that one time you really need it badly, it's traumatising. Opt for an upgrade if possible. I shall keep everyone posted on the progress of my case. Writing another mail to them now.
ahmadnaik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 14:41   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
Now I say this with extreme regret but after multiple threats and opportunities given to Volkswagen to rectify the issue, they have failed to respond in any understandable manner.
Hey I had posted earlier regarding the exact same issue. I had the same experience with the sewri showroom, but last week a solution arrived after I threatened to return the entire car at the showroom. Managed to get in touch with the head office of VW. I've had the same harrowing bad experience with them.

Ok so the good news, there is a software firmware update for the audio system. It is available at the lalbaug service centre, and the update has come just a week ago. That solved the problem with me (I had also got a replacement and the problem persisted) and so far it is working perfectly. You should get it updated by them, and that should sort it out.
Cheers
Old 5th January 2014, 09:52   #335
BHPian

hello
i guess it is best to pose this query in this thread.
has anyone taken delivery of the vento tsi since december mid ? i have booked one in mount road VW chennai and seems deliveries are commencing only from january end or early february? is this the case all over for the others too ?
Old 5th January 2014, 13:20   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hello
i guess it is best to pose this query in this thread.
has anyone taken delivery of the vento tsi since december mid ? i have booked one in mount road VW chennai and seems deliveries are commencing only from january end or early february? is this the case all over for the others too ?
That's the info from Bangalore dealers also. The dealer I got my tsi from had stopped bookings from early December. There are a couple of posts in the polo tsi official thread which mention a relaunch of the polo tsi with some changes. Could be that this applies to the vento tsi also.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 17:28   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
hello i guess it is best to pose this query in this thread. has anyone taken delivery of the vento tsi since december mid ? i have booked one in mount road VW chennai and seems deliveries are commencing only from january end or early february? is this the case all over for the others too ?
I booked one with VW mount road as well. they tell me that delivery will be given before Feb. When did you book your vehicle? I booked it around 12-15 dec. no extended warranty or service and maintenance package yet . can we exchange some notes on the offer we've got from the dealer pls.
Old 5th January 2014, 19:16   #338
BHPian

Thanks rajeevraj!
I booked my Vento around the time your ownership thread came out and I just can't seem to wait. It's a nicely written experience.
Hmmm yes it will be nice to have a few updates on the vento too; especially better lights and probably a pair of paddles behind the wheel.
Old 6th January 2014, 02:39   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
I booked one with VW mount road as well. they tell me that delivery will be given before Feb. When did you book your vehicle? I booked it around 12-15 dec. no extended warranty or service and maintenance package yet . can we exchange some notes on the offer we've got from the dealer pls.
hey shortsell
nice to hear that; yes they did say that it was possible earlier.regarding the extended warranty i had mailed them and also VW.
VW did reply to my email saying that they were working out the cost of the extended warranty and that they might come out with something soon and that they will intimate the same thro' the dealers.
i am not in town and i have dealt mostly thro' email with the SA. my wife back home did the test run on a non TSI vehicle and did the booking for a shadow blue colour.
do let me know if you know anything else specific.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:00   #340
BANNED

One of the Vento Users was told by the SA in Ghaziabad that Vento TSI launched in November'13 had on road issues with Mating of 1.4TSI and the DSG constraining VW to go back to drawing board for a defect free release in Feb'14.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:12   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
One of the Vento Users was told by the SA in Ghaziabad that Vento TSI launched in November'13 had on road issues with Mating of 1.4TSI and the DSG constraining VW to go back to drawing board for a defect free release in Feb'14.
1.4 TSI? You mean 1.2 TSI?

This may be a probable reason. However Vento (india) may not the the only one car with 1.2TSI and DSG. We never heard similar news from other parts of the world.

Last edited by ambadan : 6th January 2014 at 13:12. Reason: typo
Old 6th January 2014, 13:18   #342
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
1.4 TSI? You mean 1.2 TSI?

This may be a probable reason. However Vento (india) may not the the only one car with 1.2TSI and DSG. We never heard similar news from other parts of the world.
Sorry its 1.2TSI. Problem was linked to the available fuel Quality in India and the Driving conditions.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:31   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry its 1.2TSI. Problem was linked to the available fuel Quality in India and the Driving conditions.
How is that NOT affecting GT TSIs already delivered? The issue should have been the same for those machines, being the same engine-gearbox combination.

I don't think that is the correct reason. IMO, it could be to do with the launch and pricing of Honda City, which may guide the Vento TSI feature list and/or pricing.
Old 6th January 2014, 16:17   #344
BANNED

Launching 1.2TSI Automatic and holding deliveries without convincing official reason is leading to all rumors floating around. Hope all is well.
Old 7th January 2014, 13:06   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Launching 1.2TSI Automatic and holding deliveries without convincing official reason is leading to all rumors floating around. Hope all is well.
Am I missing something here folks!

For someone who insisted on a 2014 VIN, isn't a one month waiting period normal/market standard? I went to buy a car for my friend, even Ritz and swift (metallic) of 2014 VIN will be delivered after Feb. I don't have data on cars from similar segment (Ford ha stopped accepting orders for new fiesta AT, and Honda had a new launch coming up)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks