Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 17:30   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post

1. T-Jet is built like a tank as many have said and I agree, open the bonnet and you'll just feel the weight. The ORVM can do a full 180, so if a Biker hits your Mirror chances are it would just fold to the other side. Good feature.
Though Vento is great too but in comparison Linea T-Jet is better.
Well, I agree with your post. Just wanted to point that the reverse folding mirrors are available in Vento too.
pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 12:41   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Took delivery of my black Vento TSI from Volkswagen Palace Cross-Bangalore yesterday. Had initially booked the polo gt tsi from Volkswagen Whitefield and switched to shawdow blue Vento TSI once it was launched. Was promised delivery by end of November. This was reiterated when I checked on Nov 12th. Based on that sold my existing car and handed it over to the buyer couple of days later. On November 17th when I went to check status again (My SA phone was not reachable for couple of days) was told that Shadow Blue will be available only in late Jan. The SA I was interacting with had left the company. They only had a white color which I did not want. So spoke to the other dealer Volkwagen Palace Cross. They had a black in stock and the next batch of cars was expected only in Jan. So went ahead with the black. Delivery process was very smooth.

About the car:
I don't think there is any thing new to say. Most points have been covered by fellow team bhpians who have purchased the Vento. After delivery stepped straight into the Saturday traffic in MG Road. So the benefit of the auto was very apparent immediately. As has become the norm, all tyres were over inflated and at different levels, one was 40, 2 were 37 and one was 35. Was also given a 15 liter petrol coupon (In addition to the 5 liters put in the car from the showroom). Getting a full fledged AVN system was one of my dreams. So replaced the HU with the Blaupunkt Philedelphia 835 which is a unit specifically made for the Volkswagen range. So it was plug and play. Will talk in detail about it the ownership review.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 23:02   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Took delivery of my black Vento TSI from Volkswagen Palace Cross-Bangalore yesterday. Getting a full fledged AVN system was one of my dreams. So replaced the HU with the Blaupunkt Philedelphia 835 which is a unit specifically made for the Volkswagen range. So it was plug and play. Will talk in detail about it the ownership review.
Many Congratulations Buddy, eagerly awaiting for your detailed review & pics, especially with the Philadelphia 835. I am contemplating the same upgrade

Last edited by jha.shailesh : 1st December 2013 at 23:22.
jha.shailesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 00:58   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Took delivery of my black Vento TSI from Volkswagen Palace Cross-Bangalore yesterday. Had initially booked the polo gt tsi from Volkswagen Whitefield and switched to shawdow blue Vento TSI once it was launched. Was promised delivery by end of November. This was reiterated when I checked on Nov 12th. Based on that sold my existing car and handed it over to the buyer couple of days later. On November 17th when I went to check status again (My SA phone was not reachable for couple of days) was told that Shadow Blue will be available only in late Jan. The SA I was interacting with had left the company. They only had a white color which I did not want. So spoke to the other dealer Volkwagen Palace Cross. They had a black in stock and the next batch of cars was expected only in Jan. So went ahead with the black. Delivery process was very smooth.
Congrats. So yours was the Black Vento TSI slated for delivery at 4PM

A few of us mods were hanging around the VW, Ford and Mahindra showrooms and saw the delivery schedule on the board.

If your sales guy was Kiran at VW palace cross, he is a very nice guy. He was the sales guy at India Garage when I picked up my Lancer in the year 2000 and still remembers me.
Old 2nd December 2013, 09:13   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Congrats. So yours was the Black Vento TSI slated for delivery at 4PM

A few of us mods were hanging around the VW, Ford and Mahindra showrooms and saw the delivery schedule on the board.

If your sales guy was Kiran at VW palace cross, he is a very nice guy. He was the sales guy at India Garage when I picked up my Lancer in the year 2000 and still remembers me.
Thank you.. I actually followed the team bhp advice to be at the showroom early for delivery and was there by 10.30am and took delivery by 11.30. The SA (was Mahesh- A nice guy with a pleasing personality) and he was also grateful that I reached early since it gave him enough time to properly explain everything and do a unhurried delivery. Were you guys around at that time? Hope not, because it would have been unfortunate if a group of mods where there and I missed the chance to say a hello and maybe get an expert PDI opinion
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:25   #306

Hello, I am a new member to Team-BHP; hence the delayed post.
I would like to thank the members/moderators of the forum for sharing and disseminating useful information regarding car buying and ownership experiences.
Acquired a VW Vento TSI on Nov 4, 2013.
Color: Shadow Blue
Dealer: VW Palace Cross, Bangalore
Short summary: No regrets on the decision till date

Will post details on decision making (my personal thought process), dealer/delivery experience and user experience soon.
raghu_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:07   #307
BHPian

I called up the VW customer care to enquire about extended warranty (basis this ad below) and the DSG recall

VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-vw.png

1) The lady told me that this offer is not for Vento TSI but for other models. They have just mentioned the DSG and TSI (along with a pic of the dgs gear box) only for advertisement purposes to showcase the product it seems. Both these emotions running high right now
I think even the "pay 50% now, rest later" scheme is inapplicable for Vento TSI.

2) I complained about no test drive vehicles being available and she just said that she will co-ordinate with the dealers and get me a test drive

3) I asked if the new Ventos will come with Mineral oil by default. I might as well be speaking german (pun intended!) because she was like mineral what!!?
and then she told me something to the effect of checking back with the dealer and calling me back.
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:02   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
I called up the VW customer care to enquire about extended warranty (basis this ad below) and the DSG recall

1) The lady told me that this offer is not for Vento TSI but for other models. They have just mentioned the DSG and TSI (along with a pic of the dgs gear box) only for advertisement purposes to showcase the product it seems. Both these emotions running high right now
I think even the "pay 50% now, rest later" scheme is inapplicable for Vento TSI.
None of the schemes are applicable for the Polo and Vento TSI. The ad is probably just to get people to the showrooms. And frankly speaking they have no need to give offers on the TSI. The Polo TSI has a long waiting period (either due to larger than expected demand or less supplies) and the Vento TSI also is being delivered in small numbers (with no more deliveries till end of the year) and what ever is getting delivered is getting sold. So they really do not need to offer any discounts.

But I think VW missed a trick by not heavily advertising and supplying the Vento TSI in the last couple of months. In the automatic 10-12 Lakh space , the main competitors to the Vento, Honda City and Ford Fiesta AT's have not been available from end September. The Ford Ecosport had long waiting times. The Rapid AT was with the auto box used in the out going Vento AT.

So for someone looking for an AT in the Oct-December time-frame, the only real options were the Vento TSI and the Scala/Sunny CVT. The fact that the Scala and Sunny CVT official threads on team bhp are only 2 pages each speaks volumes on the interest these AT have generated (or failed to generate)

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 3rd December 2013 at 12:07. Reason: Additional content
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:47   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post
Acquired a VW Vento TSI on Nov 4, 2013.
Color: Shadow Blue
Were you in EGL (Domlur)? I saw a Shadow Blue late last week with registered sticker between CSC and ANZ offices. If it was you then that's 2 SB Vento Tsi's.

The list that I have in BLR

Rajeev - Black Vento Tsi
Raghu - Shadow Blue Vento Tsi
Suresh - Shadow Blue Vento Tsi (Self)

Hope I didn't miss anyone.
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:06   #310
BHPian

A little bit of mileage updates.

Mostly City Driving on moderate traffic.
1 Trip from BLR to Coimbatore and back.
AC on 100% of the time.

Note: The cousins who "test-drove" the car had really heavy feet.
PS. Wife has heavier feet.

App used: Fuelio for Android.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs-1.jpg  

stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:30   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

12 and 11 kmpl...interesting.
My 1.8 TSi Laura easily manages those figures even with careless driving. I am getting my Polo TSi this week. I will then get to see for myself why the 1.2 TSi FE figures are so dismal. The 1.2 has to be more efficient than 1.8 and the DSG should easily beat the MT. I suspect it's all about driving style(?)

Last edited by anandpadhye : 3rd December 2013 at 13:32.
Old 3rd December 2013, 13:43   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
12 and 11 kmpl...interesting.
I suspect it's all about driving style(?)
Hard to believe, very true, but being a data guy, numbers don't lie.

First 3 Fill-ups were 100% city and extremely light foot. I have a pretty bad back problem so I'm fairly "ginger". Between the 3rd and 4th fillup was when the car was "test-driven", which would account for why the high-way trip didn't give me any better numbers.

Let's see if time brings some relief to it. Either-way I'm all giggles with it.

Xmas trip planned for 20 days so lets see if the numbers go up/down.
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:24   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Were you in EGL (Domlur)? I saw a Shadow Blue late last week with registered sticker between CSC and ANZ offices. If it was you then that's 2 SB Vento Tsi's.

The list that I have in BLR

Rajeev - Black Vento Tsi
Raghu - Shadow Blue Vento Tsi
Suresh - Shadow Blue Vento Tsi (Self)

Hope I didn't miss anyone.
That was not me; meaning there is yet another Shadow Blue Vento TSI wandering around in Bangalore. Seems to be a popular color choice.

Did a couple of runs on Outer Ring Road (Nayandhalli Jn to Sumanhalli Jn) and NICE road (Magadi Rd to PES). At speeds above 100 kmph, I feel the steering could have been tighter (maybe it is just me). Sport and TipTronic modes makes me believe that the car has a split personality. I took a little time to get used to the brakes. Engine braking is good, but have not pushed it though.

A rough FE calculation; 500 Kms driven and about 40 liters of petrol; light footed driving in normal traffic (D4 - D7 gears seen frequently) with AC on 50% of the time. Average is 12+ kmpl (MID reflects the same). Will do a tank full to full staring tomorrow and post more accurate observations soon.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:00   #314
BHPian

Quote:
None of the schemes are applicable for the Polo and Vento TSI. The ad is probably just to get people to the showrooms. And frankly speaking they have no need to give offers on the TSI. The Polo TSI has a long waiting period (either due to larger than expected demand or less supplies) and the Vento TSI also is being delivered in small numbers (with no more deliveries till end of the year) and what ever is getting delivered is getting sold. So they really do not need to offer any discounts.
I wrote to VW India Sales regarding this ad and dealers refusal to acknowledge it. After that, the dealer has agreed to a trade-in benefit of 20K.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:05   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
I wrote to VW India Sales regarding this ad and dealers refusal to acknowledge it. After that, the dealer has agreed to a trade-in benefit of 20K.
Please make sure that the dealer exchange price is close to what you are getting offered outside. Otherwise the trade in benefit will have no meaning. I was quoted a ridiculously low price for my SX4 and was able to sell it individually for 1 lakh + more than what they quoted.

Most Viewed