Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 15:04   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea Classic launched at 5.99 Lakhs

Yes , one of the things you need to keep in mind and live with when it comes to the Linea. Rear space can be a problem for some , for me personally it was not , i am about 5'11 and with my driving position there is enough leg room in the back for the people who have climbed in so far but then this is different person to person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Dislikes:

1. Poor rear seat headroom. Six footers cannot sit upright without hitting
the roof. Leg room is not great either. Three will be a tight fit on the rear seat.
Old 27th January 2014, 16:37   #122
BHPian

Hi,

Just drove Punto FGT ( 75 hp same engine as classic )
and Linea Multijet VGT ( 93 ps )

Till 80 kph Punto FGT and Linea Classic perform exactly the same.
The extra weight of Linea Classic seems to make no impact on the engine performance. In contrast Linea 93 felt very sluggish and irritating in bumper to bumper traffic.

One thing i noticed is Punto seemed to more refined than both the Lineas. The Classic was brand new so i guess the engine had yet to settle down but the 93 Linea had a good 30K on the odometer.

Is the Punto really more refined than the Linea in the Diesel guise ?

Last edited by JediKnight : 27th January 2014 at 16:39. Reason: .
Old 27th January 2014, 23:14   #123
BHPian

@JediKnight: What I've heard is that the engine opens up well and revs well too after it's put quite a bit of miles on the ODO. Can't comment on Multijet in Punto vs Linea. I wonder if a ECU remap tuner would know for sure?
Old 18th June 2014, 15:05   #124
BHPian

Since the Fiat Linea Classic+ prices are almost closer to the Maruti Dzire ZDi, which one of these holds as a better VFM product? What do you think guys, any points to bring out a clear winner here?
Old 18th June 2014, 16:40   #125
BHPian

Well, obviously the Linea classic: its bigger, roomier, has a huge boot, sturdier, rides-handles-steers-brakes better, is obviously vastly agelessly/better looking, and can be easily and cheaply modded (alloys, tyres, chrome garnish etc).

The Dzire's lighter and so perkier in low gears, that's all. ASS is reputedly better for Maruti, Fiat's is not bad and improving, with better warranty practices and inexpensive, available spares.
desdemona is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 17:10   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Since the Fiat Linea Classic+ prices are almost closer to the Maruti Dzire ZDi, which one of these holds as a better VFM product? What do you think guys, any points to bring out a clear winner here?
Linea Classic+ doesn't come with Airbag, Climate Control, Alloys, bigger tires which you get in Dzire ZDI. Not sure about ABS though.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 18:46   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Linea Classic+ doesn't come with Airbag, Climate Control, Alloys, bigger tires which you get in Dzire ZDI. Not sure about ABS though.
The Linea Classic+ comes with ABS and EBD. Airbags, climate control, no 15 inch tyres, alloy wheels, foot level AC, powered ORVMs are all absent.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 21:35   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Linea Classic+ comes with ABS and EBD. Airbags, climate control, no 15 inch tyres, alloy wheels, foot level AC, powered ORVMs are all absent.
Well, agreed on the features front. Not sure how both fair against each other w.r.t Engine (Both have 1.3 with 75 Bhp). I believe the tuning of the MJD engine and Gear ratios are different. Which one is more easy in terms of drivability in city and highway use?
Old 18th June 2014, 22:06   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Well, agreed on the features front. Not sure how both fair against each other w.r.t Engine (Both have 1.3 with 75 Bhp). I believe the tuning of the MJD engine and Gear ratios are different. Which one is more easy in terms of drivability in city and highway use?
From my short distance driving experience, I felt the Dzire to be more fun to drive with the good gearbox and shorter throws. However, the Linea chugs along nicely in the city due the shorter gear ratios but feels stressed on the highway once you cross 120 kmph mark. The taller gear ratios of the Dzire helps in keeping the revs lower and the engine relaxed.

Though both possess the same 1.3 FGT mill, the state of tune is different.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 23:03   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Fiat's is not bad and improving, with better warranty practices and inexpensive, available spares.
You can't help but maintain this statement, can you?

The "Not bad" part : I concur; I have heard of worse!

The "improving" part, well, is subjective, at best!

Do you have the service invoices of your old Linea? Run a quick comparo! Spares are not that inexpensive anymore. The prices have increased silently, methinks! That edge is no more!

Has anyone seen a Linea classic operating as a taxi, in the NCR?
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 00:00   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
You can't help but maintain this statement, can you? The "Not bad" part : I concur; I have heard of worse!

The "improving" part, well, is subjective, at best!

Do you have the service invoices of your old Linea? Run a quick comparo! Spares are not that inexpensive anymore. The prices have increased silently, methinks! That edge is no more! Has anyone seen a Linea classic operating as a taxi, in the NCR?
'Not bad': a useful, because euphemistic either way, double negative.

Parts prices have upped somewhat, I have noticed for the last year or more, BUT they are still on average significantly lower than Honda and Hyundai.

Sighted a few Classics in Bambai, private vehicles at that. The dealer here in Gurgaon confesses to selling very few: a pity, since it is awesome value, I'd say.
Old 19th June 2014, 02:40   #132
Senior - BHPian

Nopes , not yet anyway , have barely seen private linea classics as well , remember a few from a few days after it was launched but nothing recently.

Not sure either what would be tempting for the commercial segment guys with the Linea Classic to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

Has anyone seen a Linea classic operating as a taxi, in the NCR?
Old 19th June 2014, 14:11   #133
Senior - BHPian

Here is an absolutely fresh example of how they are actually going backwards.

Turbo problem identified on 10th June 2014.
Next day Parts ordered and i was confirmed 1 week .

Now 9 days later, with no calls from their side i call back and find out it will be another 11 more days before the part arrives.

This is the state of one of the largest dealers/workshops this side of India , with the customer of a car which is really their most premium offering , and supposedly a better supply chain and inventory system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Fiat's is not bad and improving, with better warranty practices and inexpensive, available spares.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 14:28   #134
Senior - BHPian

@puchoo. This is indeed not acceptable. Have you contacted Mangesh? This is precisely the reason why people hesitate to buy a Fiat and go for safer brands like Suzuki/Honda/Hyundai/Toyota even though their cars are flimsy and insipid. 100% reliability and fantastic ASS, though the parts are more expensive.
Old 19th June 2014, 16:13   #135
Senior - BHPian

Yes i have right from the beginning itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
@puchoo. This is indeed not acceptable. Have you contacted Mangesh? This is precisely the reason why people hesitate to buy a Fiat and go for safer brands like Suzuki/Honda/Hyundai/Toyota even though their cars are flimsy and insipid. 100% reliability and fantastic ASS, though the parts are more expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks