Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2014, 16:49   #136
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea Classic launched at 5.99 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Here is an absolutely fresh example of how they are actually going backwards.
This is the state of one of the largest dealers/workshops this side of India , with the customer of a car which is really their most premium offering , and supposedly a better supply chain and inventory system.
Hi Puchoo.

I said this to Biraj in his thread: methinks Kashyap has become too damn big and busy, with too many fiat owners who take it to be the flagship and therefore default FASS in Delhi NCR.

I have all along felt the smaller the ASS set-up the better: for direct supervision etc, all else being equal.

I have not been as unlucky as you with the Linea-s as yet, but just as soon as I feel convinced that the smaller Gurgaon ASS centres are up to the demanding-repair mark, I am going to INSIST you guys shift your custom away from Kashyap. Kashyap and Oberoi need more, better competition.
Old 20th June 2014, 19:55   #137
Senior - BHPian

Will probably pay heed to what you are saying , i have no issues going to gurgaon if the ASS guys there are competent , as it is more often than not i take the day off or go on a weekend so i can be with the car the entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Hi Puchoo.

I said this to Biraj in his thread: methinks Kashyap has become too damn big and busy, with too many fiat owners who take it to be the flagship and therefore default FASS in Delhi NCR.

I have all along felt the smaller the ASS set-up the better: for direct supervision etc, all else being equal.

I have not been as unlucky as you with the Linea-s as yet, but just as soon as I feel convinced that the smaller Gurgaon ASS centres are up to the demanding-repair mark, I am going to INSIST you guys shift your custom away from Kashyap. Kashyap and Oberoi need more, better competition.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 16:50   #138
BHPian

If Fiat has managed to reatin the same Ground Clearance of 185mm even with the 175/70 R14 tyres and if someone upgrades the tyres to 196/60 R15 - the same size as that of the Dynamic variant, would the Ground clearance go further up:

175/70/R14 - Overall Diameter : 600.6 mm
195/60/R15 - Overall Diameter : 615 mm

A difference in overall diamter of 14.4 mm
Old 16th August 2014, 20:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hey petrol Linea owners, hope this is the right thread for this post. I have a cousin's 1.4 Linea which is going to be sold soon. This car has had a few underbody hits and the exhaust under the protection plate has been hit. There is a leak because of this and you can hear the difference in sound. The local mechanic says this can be easily fixed, but does anyone know the cost of repair / replacement of this part at the dealer.? Will the full exhaust have to be changed?
Old 19th August 2014, 08:58   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The local mechanic says this can be easily fixed, but does anyone know the cost of repair / replacement of this part at the dealer.? Will the full exhaust have to be changed?
If the leak is a small one, it is an easy weld job fix which your local mechanic can do.

There was a comprehensive spare part price list on the forum that I can no longer find.

The Linea petrol part prices are very cheap. Infact, the Linea parts bin is cheaper than an SX4. You have to find out where the leak is from and only then can you take a call if a weld job will do or if full exhaust replacement is required. I suggest you visit Fiat service, have them lift the car and give you an estimate. Even if you don't end up doing it at Fiat service, atleast you will get an idea on cost. I am sure it is very reasonable.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 19th August 2014 at 09:01.
Old 30th January 2016, 18:40   #141
BHPian

I am no expert on car tyres but i do not understand the hullaballoo about the 14 inchers. If it is affecting the looks so badly would it be that much expensive to upgrade the rubber to one's choice?

P.S. I am considering the Linea Classic seriously and would like to get an idea on how to start negotiating with them for discounts.
Old 1st February 2016, 22:17   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I am no expert on car tyres but i do not understand the hullaballoo about the 14 inchers. If it is affecting the looks so badly would it be that much expensive to upgrade the rubber to one's choice?

P.S. I am considering the Linea Classic seriously and would like to get an idea on how to start negotiating with them for discounts.
Just need to keep in mind that if you decide to upgrade the tyres would need to change the the rims as well.

My initial plan was to upgrade to alloys and 15" wheels when it was time to change the tyres - but 35,000kms later I decided not to - mainly because I couldn't find alloys of my choice and got yokohama earth1 14".

Personally I am ok with the styling with 14" - but will see the next time its time to change tyres again as to what happens.
Old 2nd February 2016, 03:51   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
My initial plan was to upgrade to alloys and 15" wheels when it was time to change the tyres - but 35,000kms later I decided not to
Do you own the Linea Classic? I could hardly find any Classic owners on Tbhp. If so, could you please tell if you own the Classic or Classic Plus? Which year model it is?
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:26   #144
BHPian

Tarun,

Hope your cousin has found a proper fix for this. It is important that this is fixed soon and fixed properly as leaking exhaust can be dangerous as there is a risk of it leaking into the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey petrol Linea owners, hope this is the right thread for this post. I have a cousin's 1.4 Linea which is going to be sold soon. This car has had a few underbody hits and the exhaust under the protection plate has been hit. There is a leak because of this and you can hear the difference in sound. The local mechanic says this can be easily fixed, but does anyone know the cost of repair / replacement of this part at the dealer.? Will the full exhaust have to be changed?
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:50   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Tarun,

Hope your cousin has found a proper fix for this. It is important that this is fixed soon and fixed properly as leaking exhaust can be dangerous as there is a risk of it leaking into the cabin.
Hey jetti. Took the car to Fiat ASS with the guy who was buying the car. The leak was at the cat con. joint. The SA said it could be fixed by changing the packing, and if that doesn't work the part will have to be changed. The buyer said he will get it checked out later.

The leak was on the outside only and not in the engine bay, so there%2

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 2nd February 2016 at 10:53.
Old 2nd February 2016, 12:27   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Do you own the Linea Classic? I could hardly find any Classic owners on Tbhp. If so, could you please tell if you own the Classic or Classic Plus? Which year model it is?
Classic Petrol 2014, Classic Plus had ABS which was awesome but only with the diesel engine and needed a petrol car at the time.
Old 2nd February 2016, 23:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Added a long term review for it as well, hope it helps

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3904084

Cheers
Old 3rd February 2016, 09:13   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR-V View Post
My initial plan was to upgrade to alloys and 15" wheels when it was time to change the tyres - but 35,000kms later I decided not to - mainly because I couldn't find alloys of my choice and got yokohama earth1 14".

Personally I am ok with the styling with 14" - but will see the next time its time to change tyres again as to what happens.
I will be taking the delivery in a day or two of my Linea Classic. I could not digest the huge wheel wells with the puny wheels. The regular Linea on the roads, in the showroom and on pictures in the internet looks way better. I was never a fan of tyre upgrade and usually stuck to manufacturer recommended size.

If i upgrade now, i feel i will get a fairly good amount for the steel wheels too as they are new. I want to get 15 or 16". What impact will it have on the mileage is the question that is bothering me now.
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:05   #149
BHPian

If you are going to upgrade to 15" with the same profile as the non classic old Linea (not sure if the tyre profile as changed for new Linea, probably not) then I doubt you will have any fuel economy issues or any other issues other than ride quality.

I remember reading about it in much more detail around the tyre upgrade calculations in the tyres and alloys section, which will give you a better idea.

Cheers

Most Viewed