Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 14:31   #166
BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Managed to spot a Kite parked outside a eatery joint in Pimple Saudagar(Pune) today. The car had the usual camouflaging and was shod with GoodYear tyres. The size seemed to be 175/65 R14. It was sans alloy wheels/ wheel cover.

The car looks to be a combination of Grand i10 from the rear and somewhat sporty front ala Ford Aspire. Tata Kite is a wee bit lesser in size than the Grand i10.

I also managed to have a very good peek inside the interiors. The car is almost ready it seems. Although the windows were rolled up but one could make out an extremely well finished quality interior. Space also felt to be good in the rear which being a typical Tata plus. Special mention to the speedometer binnacle which seems to be just like the Ford Ecosport/Fiesta type(I mean the gauges are encased in plastic cladding, just like Ecosport/Fiesta, hope you can get what i mean) and it is fantastic for a car which is being seen as a competitor to cars like Celerio etc. They don't even stand a chance when the interiors are considered. The music system felt like one on lower variants on Tata zest(one without the touch screen).

Cost cutting was not evident anywhere, and the profile is very balanced. This one does not has any hints of Vista/Indica in it and looks fresh. Managed to quick 2 pictures however the one of the interior does not manage to show much.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-img_2360.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-img_2361.jpg  

bansal1987 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 16:52   #167
BHPian

Was going through the TMETC website. In the product engineering capabilities section, found the following image :

WHile the middle pic is the CGI of Nanao 2 Cylinder engine and the extreme right of the associated valvetrain (both being in production), the first image is quite intriguing. It is very much a CGI of a dual clutch automatic in transverse FWD layout configuration. Could TML be secretly working on a DSG/DCT gearbox at TMETC? Can anyone check and confirm?

Last edited by aditya79india : 28th July 2015 at 16:54.
aditya79india is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:47   #168
BHPian

Heres a video. My friend (Rakesh) caught this on tape at NH8.

rahul412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 10:26   #169
Team-BHP Support

Here are images of the Tata Kite with Narain Karthikeyan at the wheel.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite1.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite2.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite3.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Carwale
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 10:47   #170
BHPian

Takeaways
- New alloy wheel design
- Testing / Benchmarking against a Celerio and Grand i10 (or am i just assuming things).
sachinayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 12:43   #171
BHPian

The Kite does look fantastic having shed the egg like design of it's predecessors. It appeals to my eye and looks quite modern. Hope TMl hits the bulls eyes with this one and doesn't continue its downward spiral, then maybe I can convince myself to buy the vfm Zest instead of considering other vilayati options
Old 30th July 2015, 12:52   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Source: [URL="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/140961-tata-kite-hatchback-includes-scoop-pictures-12.htmlwww.carwale.com/news/19588-india-exclusive-narain-karthikeyan-spotted-testing-tata-kite-hatchback.html"
Carwale[/url]
Now that's a super scoop! Narain in a test mule, looks like TATA is going all guns with this little one!! That's some serious effort from TATA!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 01:16   #173
BHPian

So I guess now we know whom to thank for all those reports that said 'The Zest / Bolt handles like no Tata ever before'.

Good move. Good move indeed !
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 13:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Takeaways
- New alloy wheel design
- Testing / Benchmarking against a Celerio and Grand i10 (or am i just assuming things).

Love the new alloy wheel design, and the car is turning out looking quite good!

The Zest rides and handles really well; a very good compromise between the two, almost Fiat-like. Tata really should benchmark the Kite against the Zest rather than the Grand i10, which really doesn't ride very well at all.

I'm not sure what criteria NK has for a vehicle designed for personal use, because F1 cars don't have much of a suspension at all. They ride so low that they can only allow very little travel. That said, his input on handling would be (has been?) invaluable.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 16:38   #175
Senior - BHPian

Getting Narain Karthikeyan to provide his feedback is definitely positive, but the comparison is being made against which cars, the Celerio and the Grand i10, none accomplished handlers by any stretch of imagination. It would have been proper if Narain was given something from Fiat/Ford stable, even the Swift would have been better. However, those are from a segment above and Tata might not be interested to exceed the expectations beyond the target category of vehicles (which was its USP earlier).
Old 31st July 2015, 17:08   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1100D : It would have been proper if Narain was given something from Fiat/Ford stable, even the Swift would have been better.
for Narain's experience in driving, I dont think he really needs to use a Fiat / Ford to do a benchmarking. That kind of benchmarking is for us regular guys.
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 00:57   #177
BHPian

More spied images of Kite hatchback. Hope this brings some glory back for Tata.

The chassis has no resemblance to Indica so this will be a real test for Tata. We will have to see if consumers don't want to buy some of the existing products because they resemble Indica which is known as a taxi car. Or is it a case that consumers do not see value in Tata as a brand when it comes to car.

If it is the former, then this car is bound to see huge success. If it is the later then the problem is with brand itself which will take years of hard work to build.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1.jpg
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2.jpg
Name:  3.png
Views: 4197
Size:  495.3 KB

Quote:
The Kite will have an integrated music system at least on the top-of-the-line, steering mounted audio controls, power windows, electrically adjustable ORVMs and mostly even voice commands. The Kite twins will be strictly sold only in the private market while the Indica and Indigo eCS will be continued to be sold in private and commercial market.

The Kite will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine and 1.05-litre diesel engine. These engines will be used for the first time and will be powerful and fuel-efficient. The pricing of the duo will be between INR 4.5-7.25 lakhs (on-road). The Kite twins will be launched this year around the festive season.
Source: Motoroctane

Last edited by damager21 : 9th August 2015 at 01:01.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 01:21   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally TATA seems to have shed their favourite egg-shell chassis and the Christmas style long tail lights.

I have a feeling that KITE project will finally give TATA the volumes which they need in this segment. Getting it evaluated by Narain means the ride and handling compromise should be balanced, if not sporty.

Looks balanced and sporty in design, if all the niggles are sorted out, this is one TATA which finally people won't think twice to buy.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 18:32   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Fresh spyshots by the ICB team reveals a Harman touchscreen infotainment system inside the Kite as well!

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 11:03   #180
BHPian

Finally a TATA that doesn't look anything like the Indica.

I really hope this car does well, brings in volumes for them and turns around the fortunes for TATA.

The car looks great, proportionate and looks to be loaded with features.

Could make a great replacement for my dad's alto. After a horrible experience with TATA earlier, I'm ready to give them another chance and pick up this car.

Tata, get this out soon. Can't wait to drive the petrol automatic (if it's in the pipeline)

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks