Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:05   #16
BHPian

Re: 2013 Mahindra XUV500: Now Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thanks for the report.
I would like to know if the said changes are already in effect for cars booked currently(month delivery?) or will they take effect in the near future, If so by when? Or are the changes meant for a facelift model entirely?
My family would like to purchase a 3rd car and this is one of many we have our eye on.
Tried googling it out but not able to get anything concrete. I think Mahindra has already started rolling out cars with the changes. I have a 2013 April end manufactured car and am not facing niggles - Covered 6500 kms and giving it for first service on this Saturday.

If your not in a hurry, would suggest to hold on a few more months.
aajohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 14:55   #17
BHPian

So do we original guinea pigs get the upgrades -especially the suspension and body noises?
Brakes most have the pads replaced.
Gerardfdz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 15:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
This stone guard for ground clearance is comical. What next? A 300mm GC hard core offroader hanging a "truck wala shoe" 160mm from the ground to get 160mm GC

But then, when you make stupid regulations, you get such brilliant ideas.
And the hanging truck wala shoe comes with a strong guideline "Remove after purchase" as its purpose is fulfilled
Old 26th August 2013, 22:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
So do we original guinea pigs get the upgrades -especially the suspension and body noises?
Brakes most have the pads replaced.
Only if you cry out loud in front of the A$$, they only work like this. Pankaj from Delhi just got his clutch replaced under warranty when he complained.

Also i believe for suspension they only replaced bushes and nothing else.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 22:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
But one thing that I could not understand was the GC issue without M&M actually doing anything. The 160mm GC of the XUV is even less than most of the sedans and the hatchbacks sold in the country.
I think it just an addition of ‘Stone guard’ which should be removable.. but Rs. 27000/-price difference will be worth it.
Old 26th August 2013, 22:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuiser View Post
I think it just an addition of ‘Stone guard’ which should be removable.. but Rs. 27000/-price difference will be worth it.
Stone guard was already there, its just that they tweaked it a bit to make it 160mm. Trust me, nothing really changed here. It always was 170mm from beginning, its just the measurement criteria was different. Please see the pics below. Now they are measuring the lowest part of the vehicle. So dont worry about GC, just be practical in the sense that it's not a REAL SUV but a soft roader.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:55   #22
BHPian

This is good news !!! How about the onboard software running applications. Heard there were a few niggles reported on these sometime back? And, can we have the provision of replacing the speaker system with more prominent ones or are there any limitations on these, still ?
Old 27th August 2013, 13:03   #23
BHPian

I heard from people working on the audio systems that the placement of the front speakers is the real issue and that Mahindra is still trying to solve the 'placement' issue.
Old 27th August 2013, 21:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
This is my take on the whole V2 version of XUV.

I dont seem to see what exactly did they eliminate. They say, clutch still lacks that feel, brakes still spongy, Gear shift still notchy, still torque steer and suspension feels better but thats how they do initially, its only after few runs that you get to see their real side, so this too seems unsolved.

So except for tightening few nuts and bolts (which again needs to be seen in long run as initially older XUV held it parts), what "zero-defect" vehicle did they bring.

@Mods: Sorry we started talking on this topic in Niggles thread, so i pasted this comment of mine here where it belongs.
This is the review from autocar India website.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stone guard was already there, its just that they tweaked it a bit to make it 160mm. Trust me, nothing really changed here. It always was 170mm from beginning, its just the measurement criteria was different. Please see the pics below. Now they are measuring the lowest part of the vehicle. So dont worry about GC, just be practical in the sense that it's not a REAL SUV but a soft roader.
I think the actual GC was always 160mm, but the stone guard was made of plastic and actual GC was measured from the lowest metal part of the car. They have slotted a metal one and this has resulted in the change of specs.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
This is the review from autocar India website.
I know, but sorry i didnt understand your question/reply. Did you mean to say just because it came form Auto car, its 100% true? Please explain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I think the actual GC was always 160mm, but the stone guard was made of plastic and actual GC was measured from the lowest metal part of the car. They have slotted a metal one and this has resulted in the change of specs.
Yes you are absolutely correct here. It was always like that but i guess it was 170mm and not 160. Also i believe they still have plastic guard even now,its just that they tweaked a bit to lower it further to 160. But mind you, when i say tweaked it, what they actually did is lowered a small piece of that guard (if you look at the pics provided below from website) and not the entire guard itself. Smart move i say from M&M. I dont think they added any metal ones.
Old 27th August 2013, 23:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Yes you are absolutely correct here. It was always like that but i guess it was 170mm and not 160. Also i believe they still have plastic guard even now,its just that they tweaked a bit to lower it further to 160. But mind you, when i say tweaked it, what they actually did is lowered a small piece of that guard (if you look at the pics provided below from website) and not the entire guard itself. Smart move i say from M&M. I dont think they added any metal ones.
I was under the impression that earlier the guard was of plastic and hence the GC was declared as some 200 mm. Now for ducking the excise duty was the move made by M&M replaced the plastic with the metal and the GC was made 160 mm. This was the info I got from the showroom guys here in Kochi.
gopu.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 17:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know, but sorry i didnt understand your question/reply. Did you mean to say just because it came form Auto car, its 100% true? Please explain.

Sorry, I posted only a part from my tablet.

Reread this " This is the review summery from Autocar's website ". What they had mentioned is a disappointment to me, as I was waiting for a much better and improved vehicle, looks like it was not achieved in this version too (Can't we call it Gen 2 of XUV or V2?).

A friend of mine owns XUV, after my strong recommedations. He was initially happy, and started disliking after he got it to breaks issue. He was a Scorpio owner like me, always looking for a better Mahindra's SUV. I think we need to wait for one more generation.

Last edited by agbenny : 28th August 2013 at 17:14.
Old 28th August 2013, 17:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
I heard from people working on the audio systems that the placement of the front speakers is the real issue and that Mahindra is still trying to solve the 'placement' issue.
What kind of issue they are facing? They are in the best place a car can have. Right above so the sound stage is right in front of you. This was the reason ford fiesta was fav in ICE junkies (like me) as fiesta had same placement like xuv. I hope they dont mess up on things that they have done correctly, but should focus on real problems.
Old 28th August 2013, 18:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu.g View Post
I was under the impression that earlier the guard was of plastic and hence the GC was declared as some 200 mm. Now for ducking the excise duty was the move made by M&M replaced the plastic with the metal and the GC was made 160 mm. This was the info I got from the showroom guys here in Kochi.
Plastic guard was indeed replaced by metal one, few XUV owners have shared this information on their ownership thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks