Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 19:40   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Karan, any idea about the pricing of the vehicle there?
- Sai
Quote:
PT Astra Motor, the Indonesian subsidy of Toyota, have announced a price increase for the refreshed Innova as well thanks to the added safety kit. The car is launched in 18 petrol and diesel variants, priced between 11.8 lakhs to 18.99 lakh rupees.
^ This is what was mentioned
Old 20th August 2013, 20:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I have a 2012 Innova and wanted to share the following points:

Overall though, I'd still agree that it is the best 7 seater offering in the market. Snobbishly priced, but leagues ahead of whatever else available.
I agree on all of the points mentioned. Even I had an Innova which we sold recently. The maintenance costs were very high, spare parts were ridiculously high and even labour charges were exorbitant.

Yes, it is reliable, but that factor is negated by the expenses of every servicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Again- totally agreed with you, except on the "no other car" part. Now that Mahindra has shifted the Xylo entirely to the highly refined MHawk platform and done so many refinements on it, you'll find that the Xylo is a pretty effective alternative.
I recently had the opporunity to travel in a new Xylo and trust me, I will pick it over an Innova any day. It was more refined, more efficient, much more powerful, seats were much better and had more creature comforts in the cabin.

Yes, the ride quality was not as pliant as the Innova but it was not as bad as projected either. Handling, yes it rolls more but I do not expect an MUV to corner on rails. When you consider the price difference, it is a no brainer that the Innova is not even close to VFM.

Another example is the XUV which is cheaper than the Innova. How on earth can a bare basic Innova VX be more expensive than a fully loaded XUV W8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
There is absolutely no competition to Innova in its class. Tata Aria is one but we all agree is neither as reliable or trouble free and even more expensive.
Infact, when we compare sales number, Tata Aria was never a competition to the Innova. If anything, the good old Scorpio, XUV5OO and Duster is the real competition to the Innova. And maybe the Ecosport too!
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 20:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The car is launched in 18 petrol and diesel variants
^ This is what was mentioned
This is one more deceitful aspect of 'pricing' where in the variants are simply spaced with not much practical difference but with a significant jump in the price!

- Sai
Old 20th August 2013, 21:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I agree on all of the points mentioned. Even I had an Innova which we sold recently. The maintenance costs were very high, spare parts were ridiculously high and even labour charges were exorbitant.

Yes, it is reliable, but that factor is negated by the expenses of every servicing.
After having owned Scorpios & Safaris earlier, I can say the big difference in owning an Innova as opposed to the Indian SUV/MUV is that it doesn't require unscheduled pit stops at the service center. And mechanically it is at least a couple of levels more sturdy than competition.

Scorpio ownership was so bad for me that I had to sell it before I could even do decent mileage in it. Safari experience was much better and I was quite happy with it, but now when I compare, let me just say I am going to stay put with Innova for that requirement of a big car, unless Toyota falter and start producing inferior products or down the line price the Innova out of my reach.

I tend to keep cars for a longish period and on an average I do 3000 kms every month. For the record, my Innova is 11 months old and has clocked close to 42,000 kms so far. This has been the BEST ownership experience I have ever had, and I am those finicky types, who the car service guys hate to entertain. Infact, I would say it hurt while I paid those 13lacs, but a year down the line I have no complaints. I am pretty pleased to be associated with Toyota.

Last edited by rrsteer : 20th August 2013 at 22:00.
rrsteer is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 22:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Both the bonnet and the chrome in the rear looks over designed, extra sized and not so pleasing. I hope Toyata's alphred has similar but better look.
Old 21st August 2013, 06:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
After having owned Scorpios & Safaris earlier, I can say the big difference in owning an Innova as opposed to the Indian SUV/MUV is that it doesn't require unscheduled pit stops at the service center. And mechanically it is at least a couple of levels more sturdy than competition.

Infact, I would say it hurt while I paid those 13lacs, but a year down the line I have no complaints. I am pretty pleased to be associated with Toyota.
Yes, personal experiences differ I guess.

With us, the Scorpio did have a few more visits to the A.S.S. but the service bills were cheap. On the other hand, even with fewer visits, the huge bills of Toyota did not really offer any major savings or advantage.

When compared to XUV & Aria which has a service interval of 15k kms, Innova has a service interval of 10k kms, which further increases the difference in service costs.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Parm ?

When did i say its launched in India ?

The entire thread is dedicated to Indonesian spotting, also have mentioned source.

Also the pictures are self explainatory on where its launched.

The car itsef says says its 'Kijang' innova, & i trust BHPians are smart enough to understand what they are seeing.

I know what i post on t-bhp buddy.

Relax
My apology for hurting your sentiments.

If the entire thread is dedicated to Indonesian 'Kijang' Innova, shouldn't it be in the International section instead of being in the Indian thread.

You are very right in saying that the TBHPians are smart enough and that's why we have it as the best forum in India.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:53   #53
BHPian

I think, the facelifted Innova is not appealing as the current variant. The Alfa Romeo kind of front grille is not required for a decent looking MPV like Innova. But the rear end looks good.

Anyways if at all they launch it in India, surely the sales will retain the same level.
Old 21st August 2013, 12:05   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
If the entire thread is dedicated to Indonesian 'Kijang' Innova, shouldn't it be in the International section instead of being in the Indian thread.
May be that caused the misunderstanding, no worries man
Old 21st August 2013, 23:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
TKM might launch it in India next month according to my insider's info.
India shall get ready to a ugly looking car. It has totally down-graded the uber-decent looking innovas launched earlier. TKM should seriously re-work on the styling and not just bank upon its history of success and make a fool of the customers.

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:52   #56
BHPian

It seems toyota got the inspiration from our own weird and wacky thread member!
It can never look like an SUV no matter how hard anyone tries.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-jobs-859.html
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-innova.jpg  

Na_sh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

@ Na sh +1 to your view. It seems that TKM is well aware of the present market situation in India and so to avoid exhaustive production cost per car I guess they have gone in for these bizzare tweaks to just try keeping foothold in indian auto industry.

AD
Old 27th August 2013, 13:38   #58
BHPian

A simple case of 'frying pan to the fire'

The new 2014 Innova makes the Qualis (1st gen Kijang) look more palatable!

Reminds me of an old advertisement for Onida TVs, Neighbour's envy, owner's pride.

In this case it will be quite the opposite for the 2014 Innova owners, compared to guys with XUVs, Xylos, etc, it will be Owners' envy and neighbours' pride

Last edited by cpbopanna : 27th August 2013 at 13:40.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2013 at 11:36.
ad3952n is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2013, 17:52   #60
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2013 at 11:40.
gopu.g is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks