Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 01:09   #31
BHPian

re: 2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!

If they bring in the automatic transmission in this facelift, it should definitely help increase sales irrespective of what the other "improvements" are
Old 19th August 2013, 01:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
In fact, I spent less than INR 1k on my Nano's 10k service. So what makes the Innova so special?

And their claim of reliability is dead in the water when you look at how poor a vehicle the Etios is- that vehicle has a known suspension problem that Toyota is playing happy and dumb on.
The fact that you are comparing the servicing cost of a 2 lac rs car to a 16 lacs one says it all, doesn't it?

And we are talking about innova here and not another Toyota offering like Etios. Servicing cost is just a part of the package. Even today there is no other car in the market that seats 7 in comfort over long journeys and provides you a complete hassle free ownership. On top of it the car like driving dynamics of the Innova make it an excellent vehicle to be driven in the city traffic too.

Last edited by drmohitg : 19th August 2013 at 01:42.
Old 19th August 2013, 01:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2012 Innova and wanted to share the following points:

1) The 30k service cost me about Rs7k. No additional jobs were done other than what is recommended at 30k by the manufacturer. I feel this is expensive.

2) The cars pulls to the left. I have put in a request for wheel alignment at every service since the 10K one, but the issue remains unresolved

3) The service center doesn't have the wherewithal to do a propeller shaft greasing. It is listed in the service book to be done at 20k. In their defense, the service center guys insist they have never performed it on any vehicle. Raised the issue with Toyota too, but no answer received.

4) My biggest grouse with the Innova is that it is a tin can. The body is highly susceptible to dents, scratches, bulges etc. And on top of it the paint layer appears to be extremely thin.

Overall though, I'd still agree that it is the best 7 seater offering in the market. Snobbishly priced, but leagues ahead of whatever else available.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 10:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The fact that you are comparing the servicing cost of a 2 lac rs car to a 16 lacs one says it all, doesn't it?

And we are talking about innova here and not another Toyota offering like Etios.
Agreed on both points- but I was also talking about my old Swift and my Scorpio. I haven't encountered any higher billing on either car, and to be honest, this is the servicing cost of most cars, barring the Skodas of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Servicing cost is just a part of the package. Even today there is no other car in the market that seats 7 in comfort over long journeys and provides you a complete hassle free ownership. On top of it the car like driving dynamics of the Innova make it an excellent vehicle to be driven in the city traffic too.
Again- totally agreed with you, except on the "no other car" part. Now that Mahindra has shifted the Xylo entirely to the highly refined MHawk platform and done so many refinements on it, you'll find that the Xylo is a pretty effective alternative. As for driving dynamics, I've found that almst all large vehicles in India today offer similar driving dynamics, which makes them incredibly easy to steer in the city. The old Tata Safari was an exception, but the Storme has that problem rectified too.

I'm not arguing about which car is better here- please don't misunderstand me. I love the Innova's ride quality, and driving comfort.

All I'm talking about is that the marketplace is very competitive, with vehicles like the Enjoy eating into the Innova's market share purely due to price considerations. For the Innova to ratchet up good sales figures again, Toyota needs to do certain basic things, such as provide rear blower and AC vents for back seat occupants. The provision is already there in the Innova and this only needs implementing. Once done, you'll find the Innova coming out as the top MPV again. Also, it might not be a bad idea to create a variant with a higher GC and put in a 4WD- now that would be a vehicle that I would buy
Old 19th August 2013, 11:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My biggest grouse with the Innova is that it is a tin can. The body is highly susceptible to dents, scratches.
Hii mate, +1 to your view. Only the 1st model i believe was the strongest. After that all the other innova's are not at all strong and i pointed it in my earlier posts.

AD
Old 19th August 2013, 11:28   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Requires an Engine update more than the Exterior update, and yes maybe an AT Diesel?

The Front of previous gen Camry and Rear of Fortuner / Land Cruiser is a good thing, but a bit lesser Chrome would be more desirable for India.

The Innova has been going northward on the price front ever since launch and yes sales have been good but it is getting to be seriously lesser and lesser value for money. It opens up an opportunity for other manufacturers who build a good product and price it well to take a substantial cut for the pie. TATA goofed up with the Aria (not being able to decide on Fortuner or Innova being the target) and with absurd pricing. Mahindra with the Xylo build quality, shape and ride, Nissan with the Shape and pricing. Chevrolet Enjoy had to simply be a better equipped and built product but wasn't and the Ertiga has done well and will continue to do so. So most seem to miss and definitely don't understand the Indian Market well except Maruti which got it bang on even with a smaller product. One more player still has an opportunity to do well in this segment.
Old 19th August 2013, 12:33   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
All I'm talking about is that the marketplace is very competitive, with vehicles like the Enjoy eating into the Innova's market share purely due to price considerations.
As a consumer I would love to see cars like Enjoy and Evalia dent into Innova sales and hence force Toyota to start offering basic luxury features that have become the norm today even in hatch backs.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 01:53   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Its launched guys

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyotainnovafaceliftfrontthreequarter.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyotainnovafaceliftrear1.jpg

2014 Toyota Innova Facelift - Now Launched!-toyotainnovafaceliftinteriors.jpg

Note: NO Diesel A/T

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 20th August 2013 at 01:56.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 03:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Its launched guys

Attachment 1127117

Attachment 1127118

Attachment 1127119

Note: NO Diesel A/T

Source
It's launched in Thailand, not in India!

Please don't post misleading comments.
Old 20th August 2013, 04:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

Correction, not launched in Thailand but Indonesia. The whole thread from the beginning was about Indonesia.

Details here: http://www.toyota.co.id/product/kija...specifications

TKM might launch it in India next month according to my insider's info.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 04:33   #41
BHPian

IMO, the current Innova has the best looks till date. Don't understand why Toyota has added up chrome all over the car. Looks too overdone!

I completely agree with drmohitg for the points mentioned about this car. Very less cars are as reliable as the Innova. Though I feel it is over-priced with lesser feature-list.
Old 20th August 2013, 06:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Good lord its ugly. What were they thinking? I am surprised that all the other car makers in India are letting Toyota have a free run. There is absolutely no competition to Innova in its class. Tata Aria is one but we all agree is neither as reliable or trouble free and even more expensive.
Old 20th August 2013, 09:39   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

That is one ugly looking vehicle. It might look decent but Toyota really needs to lose all that chrome. It looks like some wannabe guy's modification. Please lose all that chrome Toyota before bringing this to India.
Old 20th August 2013, 09:51   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

Parm ?

When did i say its launched in India ?

The entire thread is dedicated to Indonesian spotting, also have mentioned source.

Also the pictures are self explainatory on where its launched.

The car itsef says says its 'Kijang' innova, & i trust BHPians are smart enough to understand what they are seeing.

I know what i post on t-bhp buddy.

Relax

Last edited by karan561 : 20th August 2013 at 09:56.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 19:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The car itsef says says its 'Kijang' innova,
Karan, any idea about the pricing of the vehicle there?

Just to see how the Indonesian market is approached by Toyota and to get an Idea in view of all the arguments, we members had about the 'overpricing' of the vehicle in India.

- Sai
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks