Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 14:00   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Ford Everest / Endeavour concept revealed

The design language is clean, but what's with all the chrome?

Ford won't need to work hard to beat Toyota in the kit department (the Fortuner hardly has any). Price it well (tough for Ford, I know) and it will compete well.
Old 27th January 2015, 18:50   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Ford won't need to work hard to beat Toyota in the kit department (the Fortuner hardly has any.
An owner of a Fortuner, after driving Innova for 5 years said Fortuner is just expanded Innova with reduced drivability. That disappointed me from going for a Fortuner a bit.
So waiting for Ford, if they price is around 25L on road they will win my heart.

From the videos posted by team-bhp friends, I see it promising. Let us wait how Ford answers.
Old 29th January 2015, 11:43   #123
BHPian

2015 Ford Endeavour engine specs leaked, India launch this year
http://www.rushlane.com/2015-ford-en...YGmtv86OPid.99
Old 31st January 2015, 19:52   #124
BHPian

India bound 2015 Ford Endeavour spied

The next generation of Ford Endeavour has been spotted in Australia completely undisguised. It is expected to be launched in India towards end of 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordeverestfrontspied1024x683.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-ge5266051449818307745.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-ge5382693895017623930.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-ge5554441798597726920.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-ge5599480043379977719.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-ge4991916815984044269.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 20:10   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: India bound 2015 Ford Endeavour spied

Not really impressed by the looks. The front end reminds me of a cross between the Ecosport and the 1st generation Fortuner in India. Hopefully they have addressed the rear seating comfort this time around and price it competitively.

From the looks, the current generation Endeavour looks much better than this one.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 20:24   #126
BHPian

Really fail to understand why new cars have such complex front ends. First it was the Hondas, and now look at this ford. Why can't they design simpler grills?
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 21:04   #127
BHPian

Endeavor is an excellent suv, with superb steering. Not sure how many really own one (or driven one) before commenting. The rear and mid seating isn't it's usp, but the pure driving pleasure can put some of the upmarket suvs to shame. I totally love the steering and acceleration. When you drive endeavor and fortuner, back to back, you will see the difference. If back seat comfort is your priority, endeavor isn't the choice. If driver seat is your priority and love steering feel, look no beyond the endeavor
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 15:29   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
The next generation of Ford Endeavour has been spotted in Australia completely undisguised. It is expected to be launched in India towards end of 2015.
From the pictures, this one definitely looks much better than the boxy, outdated Endeavour being sold in India.
This one looks like a beefed up Ecosport, which already is on steroids, with the Fortuners headlamps and the VW Jetta's tail lamps shrunken a bit .
The tail mounted spare wheel has gone under the body.
I think it is going to be called EVEREST like its foreign counterpart.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 22:30   #129
BHPian

any idea as to the launch date? I've been hearing anywhere from march to december with ford remaining mum. Am waiting to replace a 7 year old pajero with this.
Old 2nd February 2015, 02:32   #130
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a bigger ecosport without the spare at the back. Liked the looks earlier but this felt a bit plastic upfront and like a koleos in the rear.

The pictures probably do not do it justice.
Old 2nd February 2015, 08:30   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
The rear and mid seating isn't it's usp, but the pure driving pleasure can put some of the upmarket suvs to shame.
This is the bit in which many prospective buyers are interested. Because, this is the completely refurbished model, I think they might have worked around that feature and they should have. Most Fords are brilliant to drive.

I must say, as far as driving experience goes, its other contenders are not far behind. They too provide a very good driving experience.

If Ford can match or exceed the Mitsubishi's ride/handling package with a nice torquey mill, it should do good. Better than what it was/is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
any idea as to the launch date? I've been hearing anywhere from march to december with ford remaining mum. Am waiting to replace a 7 year old pajero with this.
Someone hinted at a festive season launch and few are saying it at sometimes in 2016. Nothing concrete as far as I know.

Many are in the same boat as you and do not wish to replace their steeds for the common & ubiquitous Fortuner (but a brilliant vehicle & more so in its 4X4 trim) so plenty of guys are on the fence.
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:05   #132
BHPian

Quote:
The new Endeavour looks good and would look better in a darker shade like black.

It does looks a bit like Fortuner from the side, Old santa fe rear and a bit like Ecosport from the front (even though the grill is different).

My brother-in-law has the old Endeavour and I feel that the main disadvantage with the SUV is the rear seating which is at best suitable for children!

It is basically the same as the one displayed in auto shows(other than the body color front bumper).
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-fordeverestnewmodel2015.jpg  

Last edited by yaseenar : 2nd February 2015 at 12:07.
yaseenar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 20:48   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If Ford can match or exceed the Mitsubishi's ride/handling package with a nice torquey mill, it should do good. Better than what it was/is doing. Someone hinted at a festive season launch and few are saying it at sometimes in 2016. Nothing concrete as far as I know.
Looking at the specs, endeavour should be able to compete with the rivals.

I would say December is too late, if the below news is correct

http://www.rushlane.com/2015-ford-ev...-12142974.html

"2015 Ford Endeavour spied in Australia, India launch in December"

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/auto-n...eriors-112117/

The 2.2 litre diesel engine is expected to deliver 147.5 bhp and 385 Nm of maximum torque while the 3.2 litre TDCi is rumoured to make 197 bhp and torque of 470 Nm. In India Ford may limit the lineup to just diesel engines, mated to 6-speed manual and automatic gearboxes.
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:46   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
From the pictures, this one definitely looks much better than the boxy, outdated Endeavour being sold in India.
This one looks like a beefed up Ecosport, which already is on steroids, with the Fortuners headlamps and the VW Jetta's tail lamps shrunken a bit .
The tail mounted spare wheel has gone under the body.
I think it is going to be called EVEREST like its foreign counterpart.
Its better if they call it by the name EVEREST in India too, since Endeavour is decade+ old now and not very impressive in its sales. They should not make the same mistake like how they carried the name Fiesta to the all new Fiesta.

But, I am not sure if the name EVEREST is owned by any other manufacturer in India, I assume that could be the problem earlier too.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:37   #135
BHPian

re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Looks like a magnified/enlarged Ecosport. Looks good but I personally would have preferred the spare-wheel-at-back look present in both Ecosport and current Endeavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
The new Endeavour looks good and would look better in a darker shade like black.
+1. This shade looks very good and gives the appearance of a very good presence, would look forward to other darker shades as well.

Cheers,
SK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks