Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2014, 11:31   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Ford Everest / Endeavour concept revealed

Nice but too much beige. Hopefully they will correct it - 1 month of usage and you can kiss bye bye to the colour!

Seems we won't be getting the new engines. Will anyone comment how the current Fortuner 2.5 & 3.0 diesels compare with the current Endeavour ones?
Old 23rd November 2014, 09:53   #107
Senior - BHPian

I have it from very reliable source that the new endy will be launched in india in q1 of 2016. Current endy production has stopped so Ford will be without a big SUV for a year. The upcoming major launch is the new Figo hatch followed a month later by the Figo sedan in q1 or early q of 2015
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 22:11   #108
BHPian

DeJaVu! Earlier it was EcoSport which kept the Indian consumers waiting for its launch to happen for several months and now it is the Endeavour's turn. Remember reading the EcoSport thread which ran into hundreds of pages without the vehicle even being launched.

Several people delaying their car purchase for months (I was one of them), disappointed consumers purchasing other available alternatives in the market, many members following up with Ford on social media platforms to know more about the launch, clueless dealers is what I can remember now. Ford took their own sweet time to bring the Ecosport to India. Looking at all that, 2016 or beyond seems to be likely since Ford have been tight lipped on the launch of their new SUV.
Old 23rd November 2014, 22:38   #109
Senior - BHPian

Toyota better pull up a better looking Fortuner as Ford has upped the game with this Endeavour.
Old 23rd November 2014, 23:14   #110
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This actually feels like a LC Prado/ Montero segment vehicle so if at just below the Fortuner pricing it should take it on quite well. Given that ford has a decent service network as well.
Old 27th November 2014, 10:19   #111
Senior - BHPian

This is my personal opinion that the current look of Endeavour is more tempting than the one which will come around soon. This actually looks like a 7 seater ecosport

Second to that, the news of new endeavour is also hitting the sale of existing one since people might carried away by thought of owing something which will become obsolete in some time.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 27th November 2014 at 10:22.
Old 27th November 2014, 10:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
This is my personal opinion that the current look of Endeavour is more tempting than the one which will come around soon. This actually looks like a 7 seater ecosport

Second to that, the news of new endeavour is also hitting the sale of existing one since people might carried away by thought of owing something which will become obsolete in some time.
Well, for me Ecosport was always better looking than Endeavour. Thus a seven seater Ecosport with attitude as well as off roading capabilities appeals more to me than the current version.
Old 25th December 2014, 09:00   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Even i have my doubts but going by the aggressive pricing FORD has adopted offlate , an OTR of 20-22 lacs for 2.2 doesnt seem to be a far fetched dream. Fingers crossed
Quoting you at the appropriate thread

Has the engine configuration been finalized for India, the 2.2 and 3.0 you are speaking about?
Old 25th December 2014, 11:38   #114
BHPian

The key factor I think would be pricing and pricing alone, if they manage to keep it to 24-25 lakh on road, this will fair very well, given the limited options one has today! Ride wise, even if this thing is 80% of what the Pajero Sport is, it will be good to go. The way HM-Mitsubishi has been arrogantly and silently increasing prices despite low sales is beyond my understanding, the 4x4 Pajero Sport manual cost upwards of 30 lakh (OTR Pune) as on date, thats a hike of 2 lakh in just a year.

Feature list in the Pajero and Fortuner is nothing to talk about, at 30 lakh, there are no luxuries offered, just the necessities are covered. Given Ford's past, even if they go skimpy on features, this SUV might still have few more things than the Toyota and the Mitsu. Also, the design and quality of interiors looks fabulous!

About this beating the Fortuner, I would say its not the easiest thing to do, there is a certain lot of Fortuner owners, and aspiring owners, read as politicos, contractors and their stable mates who will not drift away from the Fortuner no matter what offer you want spoil them with. Not to take away anything from the Fortuner, its a capable vehicle, just the ride and now the price is not convincing anymore!

Ford, if you're reading this, give us this SUV, at a good price, take back the Fiesta if you want!
(I don't mean any offence to Fiesta owners, the strikingly small proportions just don't make too much sense to me)

Last edited by 599gto : 25th December 2014 at 11:42.
Old 25th December 2014, 16:10   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
DeJaVu! Earlier it was EcoSport which kept the Indian consumers waiting for its launch to happen for several months and now it is the Endeavour's turn. Remember reading the EcoSport thread which ran into hundreds of pages without the vehicle even being launched.

It has become a practice for all cert makers now to showcase a car quite a few months before it's launch. But then, what it does is that the car when launched doesn't look fresh anymore. It's already been on so many forums for so long already!

Several people delaying their car purchase for months (I was one of them), disappointed consumers purchasing other available alternatives in the market, many members following up with Ford on social media platforms to know more about the launch, clueless dealers is what I can remember now. Ford took their own sweet time to bring the Ecosport to India. Looking at all that, 2016 or beyond seems to be likely since Ford have been tight lipped on the launch of their new SUV.

This is something Ford is not gonna learn at all for long I'm sure. The launches are all so widely spaced that there are already too many competitors in the same segment by the time the next car is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Looks smashing to me! I hope the interiors are not changed for an "India specific" theme. Love the colour as well, not something one sees on an SUV a lot. It will stand out well in the crowd of Black, White and Silver SUVs.

Obviously Ford cannot price it low enough for the Indian market but I still hope it doesn't cross the 30 lac barrier. Something in the range of 25-27 OTR for the top end 4x4 AT should be an awesome buy.

This may initially be a top seller in the segment at least till when Toyota launches the new Fortuner. The model which I fear may suffer the most will be the Pajero Sport!

Can't wait for this one. Hope Ford doesn't make us wait as long as it did for the Ecosport

The rates I'm sure will have to be competitive (read as less than 30 lac) as this will be their only chance to hold a place in the SUV segment.

Another good point made - this car will be the top seller till the competition launches a new car. Ford has lack of starting sales on a high n slowly settling at less than 50% their original launch time volumes.
Old 30th December 2014, 00:22   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I, for one, am closely watching the Ford Endeavour. Lets take a look at all that works in the segment:

Looks, styling & butch presence: You bet
Powerful diesel: Yes
AT, MT & 4x4: Gotcha
Nice interiors: Check
Reliability: The Endeavour has scored rather well on this front
Features: Knowing Ford, this will be one well-kitted beast. The EcoSport has such a good feature list, and Ford simply can't sell a 25 lakh SUV without the equipment of its 10 lakh sister.

The biggest problem with the current Endeavour is its horrible ride & knees-pointing-toward-the-sky seating position. If the new one indeed gets rid of leaf springs, that will greatly solve the problem.

Hope Ford doesn't get carried away and does a 'Fiesta' on the pricing

My kid brother has been considering an SUV. If the Endeavour rides well, I'm going to make him buy it
I think Ford may bring its sync Ver.2.0 or ver3.0 in this one if its going to be well priced. But I guess they may price it at under 25L.
I have seen the body in white of this beast and one can easily mistake it for an ecosport from a farther view(which I did) . Arguably the one you can pronounce as "ecosport's daddy".
On beige interiors, it would be interesting to see whether ford will provide a splash of complete beige inside .i guess they shouldn't go overboard thus ending up with a beige carpet as Honda did on its new city.
On suspensions I think Ford (most probably) would stick with their leaf spring arrangement due to simplicity and cost(if they price it under 25L).
Engine I reckon, should be the same old 2.5/3.0 Liter duratorq with some tuning.
Old 30th December 2014, 10:15   #117
BHPian

I spoke to the Local Ford dealer last weekend. He told me that they will start taking bookings around the 1st week of Jan and the deliveries for the Endeavour will start around beginning of Feb.

Can other folks on this thread also check on the timelines and details for this launch from dealers/other sources and update.
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:34   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
I spoke to the Local Ford dealer last weekend. He told me that they will start taking bookings around the 1st week of Jan and the deliveries for the Endeavour will start around beginning of Feb.

Can other folks on this thread also check on the timelines and details for this launch from dealers/other sources and update.
Any update on this friends? Any further news from Ford/dealers? It is several months since we started discussing, and I am one of them who is waiting for a TD and price list. Looking forward to see this on 20L bracket. (Not 25+). Can they? :-)

Last edited by agbenny : 22nd January 2015 at 15:40.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:13   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any update on this friends? Any further news from Ford/dealers? It is several months since we started discussing, and I am one of them who is waiting for a TD and price list. Looking forward to see this on 20L bracket. (Not 25+). Can they? :-)
Spotted in australia

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...-everest-48798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Quoting you at the appropriate thread

Has the engine configuration been finalized for India, the 2.2 and 3.0 you are speaking about?
Could be 2.2 & 3.2
For maximum power and torque for heavy-duty towing, Ford is offering the latest generation of its globally proven 3.2-liter Duratorq five-cylinder TDCi diesel engine, with upgrades including an updated exhaust gas recirculation system to boost efficiency

For maximum fuel economy without compromising performance, Ford is also offering the latest generation of the 2.2-liter Duratorq four-cylinder TDCi diesel

I would say 2.2L MT & AT in 4x2 and 3.2 MT & AT in 4x4 could be ideal for Indian market

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/11/2...evealed-156659

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2015 at 12:40. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE(+) functions within 30 minutes of posting.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 13:35   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Spotted in australia
Thank you LionX. Some reliable sources say the launch could be during Mid August. Possibly in 15th. I see it a bit late and a long wait( in India since the car was first showcased in Expo), when the present one is aged and to be out-phased. I am sure the love for SUV should be cultivated at the earliest by Ford.
But, with the all new technology which is heavily tested, this delay is acceptable and I trust it could create another history like EcoSport.

If they price if correctly, they have a clear winner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks