Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 23:28   #91
BANNED

Re: New Ford Everest / Endeavour concept revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Nice looking car. Ford cars have never been unreliable, but somehow the Endy never got going.
Yes. You are right. I hope they have addressed low seating of old Endy. The old Endy is not tall, not wide but is too long. And the seats are very low-set. Almost like you sit on floor. This takes away the 1st floor driving the butch SUVs like Safari, Scorpio, Fortuner and Pajero Sport are so known for.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 09:26   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Perfectly put 4X4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Despite of what you say, the Fortuner sells more than twice the numbers of the Safari. For it's ride comfort there are too many negatives associated with Tata. To understand this, you need to drive a Safari that has clocked 60K on the odo.

And a Fortuner/Mitsubishi which has done 120k on the odo.

And aren't as prone to mechanical/electrical glitches as a Tata is (improving, yes, but not there)

A Range Rover too fails, but it should not. When MUL can build and sell cars which cost 3L, but seldom throw glitches (if serviced & driven properly) then why cars costing 10 times or 100 times do?
I would like to humbly disagree. I have sat in a Safari that has done over 350K and believe you me that the ride quality was simply awesome and the only noise I heard was squeaking of the rear door when the ride used to get too bumpy.

This was a car that was heavily used to ferry people from the Ahmedabad Airport to Pipapav - and the way had some patches of rough or no roads.

It was a very old safari and when i saw the odo i was simply zapped. So I asked him about the maintenance - and the driver told me that all that he has done is changing the oil at precise and regular intervals. And he was saying that the owner of the company was a big believer in Tatas and was owning a number of Safaris.
Old 20th November 2014, 10:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Ford has officially unveiled the 2015 Endeavour SUV. The new Endeavour is available with a choice of 1 petrol & 2 diesel engines. Ford will begin sales in 9 markets, including China, India, Australia, New Zealand and markets across the ASEAN region.

Link to Team-BHP news article

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-3767020291273130179.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-662690139552219503.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-17616566592143950512.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-265817601985039410.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-330531046722746322.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-1901512377803725521.jpg

Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 13:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for it for long, however looks to be disappointing and more like a cross between a Ford Ecosport and Sumo Grande gone totally wrong.

The current Endeavour looks multi times better, Ford would do better if they improve the suspension, interiors and gizmos in the current version and re launch it in India.
Old 20th November 2014, 13:37   #95
BHPian

I love the butch looks. I think that is one of the biggest selling points of the Fortuner and this looks like it could compete with it, at least look wise. Now have to wait and see how the ride is and how they price it. It being a Ford i'm inclined to believe it wouldn't disappoint in the handling department.
Old 20th November 2014, 13:50   #96
Senior - BHPian

Actually looks quite good and if priced to undercut the Fortuner - it should do well for itself. I especially like the flat load bay with all seats folded down ( not exactly horizontal flat but still quite good ). Middle and last row seats are obviously not very contoured and this is what helps in the flat bed. This could be a nice upgrade from the Storme

Sorry but I havent been following this thread actively. Is this a ladder frame type of a SUV or a monocoque ?
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 17:38   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Sorry but I havent been following this thread actively. Is this a ladder frame type of a SUV or a monocoque ?
Yes. It is a ladder frame SUV based on the Ford Ranger pick-up, extensively re-engineered to suit the characteristics of an SUV!

Why is everyone considering ladder frame chassis to be inferior to a monocoque all the time? We must not forget the fact that true workhorses like The Land cruiser siblings (up till the latest 150 and 200 series), to this date sport well designed ladder frame chassis that score as well, if not more than their monocoque chassis competitors in terms of safety and ride quality. A well engineered ladder frame chassis will givs rise to a well built and safe vehicle which seems to be the case with the all new endeavour judging by the fact that its pick-up counterpart, the Ranger scored an impressive 5 star crash rating (as quoted by someone in this post). The added rigidity of a complete SUV body should only make it safer!

Last edited by aveoman19 : 20th November 2014 at 17:53. Reason: Forgot to quote
aveoman19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 17:59   #98
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Global sites have mentioned coil springs and multilink suspension in the rear of the Everest. So that should solve the rear and middle row seating issue in current Endeavour. The visuals do indicate that one is not seated right on the floor like currently. Interiors seems feature rich. Pricing is the only question.

Last edited by noopster : 20th November 2014 at 19:09. Reason: endy = Endeavour :)
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 13:25   #99
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I, for one, am closely watching the Ford Endeavour. Lets take a look at all that works in the segment:

Looks, styling & butch presence: You bet
Powerful diesel: Yes
AT, MT & 4x4: Gotcha
Nice interiors: Check
Reliability: The Endeavour has scored rather well on this front
Features: Knowing Ford, this will be one well-kitted beast. The EcoSport has such a good feature list, and Ford simply can't sell a 25 lakh SUV without the equipment of its 10 lakh sister.

The biggest problem with the current Endeavour is its horrible ride & knees-pointing-toward-the-sky seating position. If the new one indeed gets rid of leaf springs, that will greatly solve the problem.

Hope Ford doesn't get carried away and does a 'Fiesta' on the pricing

My kid brother has been considering an SUV. If the Endeavour rides well, I'm going to make him buy it
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 15:01   #100
BHPian

The new Endeavour looks butch. Very impressive indeed. For ppl still doubting the looks aspect, wait till you spot one on the road - It shall have great presence.

The Fortuner has become too common nowadays. The Pajero not exactly still a hit in the masses. Ford however, has been there, done that, even before the Fortuner. I still remember the wonderful time I had with an Endeavour Thunder + model.

As GTO said, if pricing's spot on, it should be a great rival to Fortuner and a grand success too.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:55   #101
BHPian

Compared to the ones available in this segment, the upcoming Endeavour looks very tempting.
Looks, interiors, SUV gene, all seems to be good. Hope Ford does good on the pricing part too and this could be a game changer.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:58   #102
Team-BHP Support

Not a fan of the excessive chrome on the exterior and a sea of beige inside, but otherwise I liked the overall design language of the new Everest/Endeavour.

It will be fantastic if the Indian version gets the same kit as mentioned in this report from NZ
Old 21st November 2014, 17:12   #103
BANNED

Looks stunning. I would say best looking SUV across all price segments. Better and more imposing looking than Fortuner and Pajero Sport. I hope seats are not on the floor, like present Endy. If Ford refrains from getting greedy with pricing, this SUV will knock the wind out of Fortuner's sails (sic.sales). I see this pic and I see the politicians' ride in 2015.
Old 21st November 2014, 20:43   #104
BHPian

Looks smashing to me! I hope the interiors are not changed for an "India specific" theme. Love the colour as well, not something one sees on an SUV a lot. It will stand out well in the crowd of Black, White and Silver SUVs.

Obviously Ford cannot price it low enough for the Indian market but I still hope it doesn't cross the 30 lac barrier. Something in the range of 25-27 OTR for the top end 4x4 AT should be an awesome buy.

This may initially be a top seller in the segment at least till when Toyota launches the new Fortuner. The model which I fear may suffer the most will be the Pajero Sport!

Can't wait for this one. Hope Ford doesn't make us wait as long as it did for the Ecosport
Old 22nd November 2014, 00:54   #105
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2014 at 10:30.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks