Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 22:32   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

Went through the autocar review and am mighty impressed by the new Endeavour. The car looks butch, interiors are great with a lot of gadgetry like lane departure warning, a big sunroof, blind spot assists, terrain response system etc. The dynamics are great and the engines have good grunt, this is a good product in Ford India's hands, they have to price it right and launch it quickly.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

For those who are thinking Endeavor money or a bit more, welcome back to reality. I am in Australia and was looking at the new Everest keenly since it has been designed and developed in Australia and being a Ford I was expecting decent pricing but the pricing announced is a huge dampener.

The base spec model starts at $54,990 while the mid spec Trend is $60,990 a whopping $2500 more than the mid spec Toyota Prado! The top end Titanium is a whopping $76,990 which is $3000 more than top end Prado VX. For the same money you could get a Discovery Sport in Australia.

A top of the line Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a 3.6 liter V6, panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, power everything, heated streering wheel, 4 wheel drive, 20 inch alloy wheels, 8 inch touchscreen infotainment system, blind spot assist can be had for less than 70k's if you are willing to haggle for discounts and you get the idea of the pricing Ford is commanding for the Everest.

I am not too sure what pricing Ford is looking at in India but it is not going to be cheap.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/369140/ford-everest-review/

Last edited by extreme_torque : 2nd August 2015 at 15:38.
extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:01   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
For those who are thinking Endeavor money or a bit more, welcome back to reality.
Pricing should not be extrapolated from a different market. The Everest/Endy here is cheaper than a Fortuner, for example. It all depends on market dynamics - Toyota is the undisputed leader here and get away with all sorts of ridiculous pricing. Ford on the other hand is considered rather downmarket here and therefore prices more realistically.

Lets wait for the pricing. 480-500 nm of torque (3.2) sounds too good to pass up, price be damned.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:05   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Pricing should not be extrapolated from a different market. The Everest/Endy here is cheaper than a Fortuner, for example. It all depends on market dynamics - Toyota is the undisputed leader here and get away with all sorts of ridiculous pricing. Ford on the other hand is considered rather downmarket here and therefore prices more realistically.

Lets wait for the pricing. 480-500 nm of torque (3.2) sounds too good to pass up, price be damned.
Endeavor is not sold in Australia so can't really compare the pricing of the two but I am pretty sure that we are looking a pricing of atleast 30 lakhs for the top end variant. Or Ford could do away with all the nicities and price it realistically. It is going to be considerably more expensive than Endeavor anyway. Lets see what we get it for when it is launched.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 2nd August 2015 at 16:07.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:27   #260
BHPian

This new endeavour has impressed me a lot especially with the features, looks, interiors and now with good enough reviews (especially about ride and handling). If ford launches 3.2 AT here with sunroof, projectors, leather and all these features and keeps below 30 L on road Pune, they have a certain customer in me. Anything above 30 and i will have to think harder if it's wise to upgrade from my brilliant Pajero Sport, as the only thing that i really miss is the lack of AT in my current car.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 2nd August 2015 at 16:28.
Old 2nd August 2015, 16:46   #261
BHPian

Ford India website has been updated with New Endeavour details.

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/endeavour
LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:21   #262
Senior - BHPian

Please share the expected time of launch.
Old 4th August 2015, 13:47   #263
BHPian

Ford New Everest Media Drive 2015 -Thailand

Old 4th August 2015, 15:25   #264

Just heard from the local dealer that the new Endeavour will be launched around the middle of January in 2016.
atthewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 17:17   #265
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that Ford India has updated their website and the dealers with the new endaevour.

At least Ford dealers, unlike the Toyota and Mitsubishi are not saying buy the current one, the new one will not be be here for another two years

On a lighter note:
It was interesting to know that Ford "Everest" cannot be used in India because "Everest"Masala company has objected to it.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 4th August 2015 at 17:27.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 02:17   #266
BHPian

"The Endeavour does not get push button start and there is a reason for that. While off-roading, if you happen to stall the car, the push button start sequence will require you to get into neutral, depress the clutch which could prove to be time consuming and could be dangerous in extreme off-road conditions"

Sounds weird to me. Your thoughts ?

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/08/car...-drive-review/
Old 7th August 2015, 15:07   #267
BHPian

New Ford Endeavour video review

Review says will be launched in Indian by November 2015.

LionX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 17:58   #268
BHPian

Biggest gripe I had with the current gen Endeavour was leaf spring suspension, followed by a 4-speed auto transmission, skyward knees on middle row..

I am sold even if it comes without panoramic sunroof (waste anyway on account of pollution and climate in our country), LDW (another pointless feature because more often than not, lanes aren't marked on our roads), Blind Spot Assist (do we even need it here given riders/drivers try to squeeze into every inch of space around your vehicle).

Putting my money on the one that is going to be launched - provided its priced sensibly. When do the Pre-bookings start?
AlokSriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:58   #269
BHPian

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

I bought a Ciaz in January and briefly toyed with the idea of getting myself the Creta AT and giving the wife the Ciaz. Instead, I have now given the wife a brand new Jazz CVT and shall instead buy the new Endeavour in its 2.2L 2WD avatar as soon as I build up the courage to take the plunge in 2016 or 2017. Unless the Wrangler is launched in a similar price bracket. Then I will have a tough call to make. I can only hope both options will be priced around 28-30L OTR in Chennai.

Last edited by reihem : 12th August 2015 at 20:19.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:06   #270
Senior - BHPian

A lil birdie tells me that the regular assembly may start as early as October this year. Let's keep the fingers crossed for a decent price tag for the top end model. The U375 model is already in production testing phase.
navpreet318 is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks