Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 17:47   #226
BHPian

Re: The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Deliveries start in October (Same KLPD approach).
Then for us it could be somewhere in November-December ? Assuming the rumors are correct and it will be launched in India by august.
If so there is another reason for a potential customer to wait for New Fortuner !

Looks like beige is not available in Australia. Its Ebony color Interiors for them.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-endy.jpg  

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-endy2.jpg  

Old 15th June 2015, 21:28   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-tya View Post
Don't go by the Australian pricing as it is an expensive market due to lower volumes. Although not as taxing as India but still the automotive pricing is certainly a bit higher than other countries. Also the local manufacturing has shut shop recently which means the prices are a bit on the higher side. Volume should give us a bit of an edge, which should mean the prices will be a bit similar to the current gen, albeit a little higher.
Not as expensive a market as you think. All utes and their respective wagons are manufactured in Thailand and then exported to Australia and other markets. Australia and Thailand have a FTA (Free Trade Agreement) in place. So importing shouldn't cost much. In Australia people are saying why should they pay so much more over Ranger (which has similar equipment level in top of the line Wildtrack variant).

It's a conscious strategy of Ford as explained by Robert Pepper HERE:

There advertising campaign is directly targeting Toyota's Prado with "10 things Everest has which Prado doesn't". We will come to know in next few months (November-December) whether this approach is right.

It's all about positioning. In Philippines the new Gen Everest is only 2 lakhs costlier than current Fortuner which is realistic pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Then for us it could be somewhere in November-December ? Assuming the rumors are correct and it will be launched in India by august.
If so there is another reason for a potential customer to wait for New Fortuner !

Looks like beige is not available in Australia. Its Ebony color Interiors for them.
I think we would get beige (because our mass market mentality of love for beige).

No idea about launch of Endeavor in India. But I think it won't be priced so absurdly in India. May be within a lakh or two near Fortuner.

Regards.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:57   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Not as expensive a market as you think. All utes and their respective wagons are manufactured in Thailand and then exported to Australia and other markets. Australia and Thailand have a FTA (Free Trade Agreement) in place. So importing shouldn't cost much. In Australia people are saying why should they pay so much more over Ranger (which has similar equipment level in top of the line Wildtrack variant).

It's a conscious strategy of Ford as explained by Robert Pepper HERE:

There advertising campaign is directly targeting Toyota's Prado with "10 things Everest has which Prado doesn't". We will come to know in next few months (November-December) whether this approach is right.

It's all about positioning. In Philippines the new Gen Everest is only 2 lakhs costlier than current Fortuner which is realistic pricing.

Regards.
Having spent a bit of time there, I would maintain my stance that Australia is a bit expensive market. Due to lower volumes prices are generally higher with majority of the consumers complaining over the difference in prices to their American counter parts in almost every product group. They refer it to as Australian Tax, although it is not a government levy.

Now I am no expert in pricing and the end result for the prices may yet be what you quoted. I would however not take Australian market prices as any indication due to its nature of being a low volume market.
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:22   #229
BHPian

Ford Everest - Active Park assist

Few videos from Philippines

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:18   #230
BHPian

2015 Ford Endeavor undergoing ARAI formalities ahead of this year’s launch

http://www.rushlane.com/2015-ford-en...-12155634.html
Attached Thumbnails
The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-oemname0.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 3rd July 2015 at 10:29.
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:01   #231
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance but isn't that the back view of a Mustang. I think an Endeavor is an SUV and not a sporty sedan or is it the black SUV-ish thing in the right top corner ?
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:04   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Pardon my ignorance but isn't that the back view of a Mustang. I think an Endeavor is an SUV and not a sporty sedan or is it the black SUV-ish thing in the right top corner ?
Ofcourse the black SUVish thing in the right corner is the Endeavour

Most people would keep oogling at the Mustang though
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:06   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Ofcourse the black SUVish thing in the right corner is the Endeavour

Most people would keep oogling at the Mustang though
I think had the post mentioned right corner , would have been more helpful. I just couldn't take my eyes off the GT rear and completely ignored the black beast in the corner.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:36   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I think had the post mentioned right corner , would have been more helpful. I just couldn't take my eyes off the GT rear and completely ignored the black beast in the corner.
There is a Grey one in the left corner as well. Looks like Ford had bought 2 Endeavour's having different engine for testing.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:51   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

India-bound Ford Endeavour completely revealed in China.

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordeverestfrontquarterchinaspied.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordeverestsidechinaspied.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordeverestrearchinaspied.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordeverestheadlightchinaspied.jpg

The next-generation Ford Endeavour. EDIT: Now spotted testing in India-2015fordeverestgrillechinaspied.jpg

Auto Sohu (via IAB)
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:27   #236
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
India-bound Ford Endeavour completely revealed in China.
Looks amazing to me !

The Endy looks massive, gangsta and purely American. Somehow the looks of the upcoming Fortuner and the recently revealed upcoming Pajero Sports did not impress me at all. The Endy in comparison is a looker !!

Being a Ford, I believe the driving dynamics will be well sorted and with the Fiesta's pricing story, Ford will most definitely price it aggressively to make the most out of the product.

Now waiting for a full blown review !
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 00:30   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There is a Grey one in the left corner as well. Looks like Ford had bought 2 Endeavour's having different engine for testing.
I second that. I'd also like to add that the grey one doesn't sport the silver/aluminium cladding on the rear hinting at a different variant/trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Looks amazing to me !

The Endy looks massive, gangsta and purely American. Somehow the looks of the upcoming Fortuner and the recently revealed upcoming Pajero Sports did not impress me at all. The Endy in comparison is a looker !!

Being a Ford, I believe the driving dynamics will be well sorted and with the Fiesta's pricing story, Ford will most definitely price it aggressively to make the most out of the product.

Now waiting for a full blown review !
Indeed. From an initial impression, it does have the looks to atleast take a share if not dethrone the current leader, the Fortuner. The engines alongwith the drivetrain options sound appealing too. If Ford prices it right (with the Aspire in tow), there shouldn't be any reason for it to be a dud. Name:  belehr.gif
Views: 3038
Size:  625 Bytes
Old 11th July 2015, 16:18   #238
BHPian

There is not much news about new Endeavour. All I hear is that it will be launched before end of the year. Ford already has launch of Aspire and new Figo in their plans. I am wondering Ford's focus on Endeavour (being low volume car)...any new details with anyone?
Old 11th July 2015, 17:04   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
any new details with anyone?
Latest news on Indianautosblog reads that it will be launched in India around august

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/2...-august-178965
Old 12th July 2015, 20:35   #240
BHPian

Short video review from Top Gear

http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/f...rest-in-action

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks