Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 10:59   #1441
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
What? Team BHP did not get invited to do a TD of the Ciaz? Is there any particular reason that Maruti and TBHP had a fallout?
Even the never heard of car reviewers seem to have got the car in hand for a TD and their first impression is out long long time back.
If you look at the recent reviews of Maruti cars in the Official reviews section, none of them come with the customary disclaimer:

Quote:
Disclaimer : XXXX invited Team-BHP for the YYYY test-drive. They covered all the expenses for this driving event.
It's possible that Team BHP got the test cars from elsewhere, probably one of the dealers, and not from Maruti. If that is the case, we won't see a review until the Ciaz is available in showrooms.

Last edited by blacksport : 30th September 2014 at 11:14.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 11:19   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Got a copy of ACI yesterday.

1) They mention Ciaz Diesel 0-100 timing as 12.99 sec., which is any given day faster than City diesel. However, there was a note that the test was not as per ACI standards and just a preliminary test. I do believe that in 0-100 timing, Ciaz diesel will be faster than City diesel. Also, the in-gear timings were not significantly different between City and Ciaz. Petrol Ciaz 0-100 = 12.9 sec.

2) Diesel is where Maruti has managed well, but for K14, ACI mentions that Maruti has increased compression, the engine runs cooler, etc. which aids in FE. Its clear that Maruti did not want to have a cracker of an engine and power delivery in petrol was mentioned as flat. All this indicates FE oriented tuning. ACI mentioned performance to be adequate, which suits the car's nature and tuning overall.

3) The interior was mentioned as more or less equal to city, and at one place or so, better.

4) Space more in Ciaz, Ciaz ride better than City and City handling better than Ciaz.

I would have loved to see 1.6 with 115 bhp or so in Ciaz. If priced correctly, it could get some fan following. If, 11L OTR ZDI+ is to be believed, the 1.4 base is could be very VFM package for an individual upgrading from Swift.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th September 2014 at 11:25.
aaggoswami is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:09   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
If you look at the recent reviews of Maruti cars in the Official reviews section, none of them come with the customary disclaimer.
Yes, as far as I remember, the Celerio & new Swift reviews were done on cars owned by individuals (supporters/friends/members of Team BHP), thus they came much later than actual launch of vehicle.
Old 30th September 2014, 12:29   #1444
BHPian

I got a call from Maruti PR last Sunday inquiring about my interest in the Ciaz. On expressing my interest they confirmed to arrange a TD (but no concrete timeline provided) for the AMT version as soon as possible. AMT being the one I'm more interested in.

On further inquiry I was given a tentative mid Oct launch with the pricing between INR 7L to 12L (entire range petrol & diesel inclusive).

Cheers
HZS
Old 30th September 2014, 12:36   #1445
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Just an update: We were indeed invited by Maruti for the Ciaz test-drive. Aditya's first impressions report will be up next week.

Last edited by GTO : 30th September 2014 at 12:37.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:50   #1446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) They mention Ciaz Diesel 0-100 timing as 12.99 sec., which is any given day faster than City diesel. However, there was a note that the test was not as per ACI standards and just a preliminary test. I do believe that in 0-100 timing, Ciaz diesel will be faster than City diesel. Also, the in-gear timings were not significantly different between City and Ciaz. Petrol Ciaz 0-100 = 12.9 sec.

2) Diesel is where Maruti has managed well
IIRC, the Autocar India timings for the Honda City diesel is somewhere around 14.7x.

If thats a case, then the Ciaz diesel is significantly faster than the City diesel. Wonder if its due to the higher torque / weight ratio since the City still has a slight edge on the power/weight figures.
Old 30th September 2014, 12:55   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
IIRC, the Autocar India timings for the Honda City diesel is somewhere around 14.7x.

If thats a case, then the Ciaz diesel is significantly faster than the City diesel. Wonder if its due to the higher torque / weight ratio since the City still has a slight edge on the power/weight figures.
The Honda City diesel is that much slower? :o

How can a 1.5 litre 100 bhp engine with a 6 speed gearbox be so much slower than the Ciaz's 1.3 litre 90 bhp? Is there a significant weight difference, or is there something very wrong with the Honda City?
Old 30th September 2014, 13:03   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuseinZS View Post
I got a call from Maruti PR last Sunday inquiring about my interest in the Ciaz. On expressing my interest they confirmed to arrange a TD (but no concrete timeline provided) for the AMT version as soon as possible. AMT being the one I'm more interested in.

On further inquiry I was given a tentative mid Oct launch with the pricing between INR 7L to 12L (entire range petrol & diesel inclusive).

Cheers
HZS
AMT? In Ciaz? Are you sure?
I was under the impression that the Automatic would be a 4-speed slush-box!!

BTW, a bit of information from a birdie (not a cuckoo )!
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the delayed production (and supply) of THAT critical component and thereby delay in car manufacture!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 30th September 2014 at 13:10.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:06   #1449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post

How can a 1.5 litre 100 bhp engine with a 6 speed gearbox be so much slower than the Ciaz's 1.3 litre 90 bhp? Is there a significant weight difference, or is there something very wrong with the Honda City?
We can't be sure till some official figures, or atleast our team-bhp review is out. Autocar still has a disclaimer that figures are not official. Looks like they didnt do VBOX testing.

City diesel is 60 kgs heavier than the Ciaz diesel, which puts them quite close in the figures department even though Ciaz has a .2L disadvantage.

Torque/weight - 172 Nm/ton (City), 181 Nm/ton (Ciaz).
Power/weight - 85ps/ton (City), 81.44 ps/ton (Ciaz)
Old 30th September 2014, 13:06   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
AMT? In Ciaz? Are you sure?
I was under the impression that the Automatic would be a 4-speed slush-box!!

BTW, a bit of information from a birdie (not a cuckoo )!
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the production (and supply) of THAT component and thereby cars getting delayed!
Sorry my bad, I meant the Auto.

HZS
Old 30th September 2014, 13:24   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post

Quote:
We can't be sure till some official figures, or atleast our team-bhp review is out. Autocar still has a disclaimer that figures are not official. Looks like they didnt do VBOX testing.

City diesel is 60 kgs heavier than the Ciaz diesel, which puts them quite close in the figures department even though Ciaz has a .2L disadvantage.

Torque/weight - 172 Nm/ton (City), 181 Nm/ton (Ciaz).
Power/weight - 85ps/ton (City), 81.44 ps/ton (Ciaz)
The 0-100 times will depend on a lot of other things like gear ratios, torque curve and power curve and the relation between the two. just the peak power and torque figures do not show the complete picture
Old 30th September 2014, 13:53   #1452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
The 0-100 times will depend on a lot of other things like gear ratios, torque curve and power curve and the relation between the two. just the peak power and torque figures do not show the complete picture
True. I drive a car which makes it all the more evident that gear ratios play a very important role. The Swift 75 can beat the Punto 90 in 0-100 timings thanks to the weight and ratios.

But, Honda has an advantage of a 6 speed playing allowing them more flexibility to get their ratios better. If Maruti has indeed pulled of a 2 second advantage, its an acheivement alright!
Old 30th September 2014, 14:07   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
I think its 14.07
Gear ratios are pretty good on Honda which contributes to easy drivability in city and almost no turbo lag.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:20   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The launch of the Ciaz is getting delayed because the manufacturer of a critical component has (IR) problems - resulting in the delayed production (and supply) of THAT critical component and thereby delay in car manufacture!
Hi, what does IR stand for ?
Old 30th September 2014, 14:25   #1455
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

Hi, what does IR stand for ?
Could be Infra Red. I guess it could be related to the IRVM or the top-end variant HU functioning.

Quote:
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th September 2014 at 14:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks