Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 12:27   #1336
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
If there is one thing I've understood about cars in India, nothing re-sells like a Maruti. My very close friend sold a diesel Swift which he bought for ex-showroom ~5.75 lakhs, used it for 3 yrs and 78k kms and sold it for 5 lakhs. And this is for the older model, not the refreshed Swift. Most Marutis sell phenomenally well in the second hand market, I don't expect it to be any different for the Ciaz. Blindly assume.
These unreal resale value cases are only true for the Swift & Dzire diesels. Just look at resale value of the SX4 and you'll see it's comparable to the Linea. Considering the Ciaz is replacing the SX4, resale is not guaranteed for a Maruti in this segment. The Honda City rules here.
Old 18th September 2014, 14:07   #1337
BANNED

Frankly, looks are subjective. Variant decides to some extent what bells and whistles one wants, though I would like more on safety and less on add-on decorative elements like leather seats and infotainment centres.

Base sale price and price of spares/service is what draws me to the Ciaz, like it did to the Esteem. If the Ciaz spares and service is on par with Ertiga and Swift, then the Ciaz will do well. If the Ciaz charges more for spares and service over the Eriga and Swift, then I don't know.
Old 18th September 2014, 14:20   #1338
Senior - BHPian

When SX4 was launched, it did outsell City for a couple of months I think. Hopefully, Maruti will be able to sustain the numbers which if it does might mean lower numbers across the segment for others.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 02:56   #1339
BANNED

If the pricing is right, I just might go for the ZDi+.
Comparing the options in this segment, the con is the engine, not that big of a deal for my needs (Dad).
Seems to me that maruti has a stonker of a car on their hands, this is coming from a person who refuses to acknowledge their cars.
Wait game till the launch.
Old 19th September 2014, 09:58   #1340
Senior - BHPian

MSIL is killing my enthusiasm with the wait! Haven't even seen the car in flesh yet and the new Scorpio & Vento TDI with DSG will get launched on 25th & 24th Sept already.
Now i'm so tempted to cancel my Ciaz booking and go get the Vento......
Old 19th September 2014, 11:59   #1341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Am so tempted to change my booking to the Auto but each time i look at the mileage figures of DZire being quoted from anywhere between 8.5kmpl (topgear) to 11kmpl (Zigwheels), i step back. Wonder how good the ARAI certification of 19kmpl on Ciaz is in real world.

Besides its still an old school 4speed auto that might be pretty frustrating?
Marutis are typically close to their ARAI figures, from what I have experienced so far. I am guessing 11-12 kmpl inside the city and anywhere near 15-16 on the highways should be good enough. The Ciaz is a light car and the 1.4L K-series mill is pretty efficient.

4-speed AT is a dampener, yes. It should be a competent in-city commute and a decent highway runner. The Verna also carries a 4-speed AT so I guess MSIL just went for par for the course. I hope it has tiptronics, though. But knowing MSIL, I doubt it.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 08:53   #1342
BANNED

Staying so quiet and not even getting in touch with those who are booking the Ciaz on pure reputation is something that Maruti is taking a big risk on. So far, no cars on display in showrooms, and no word out on what next, when do we get the car, what should we expect? Only thing is some weird and silly twitter campaign - get a life, who wants to go driving with a film "star" as a reward for buying a car?
Old 20th September 2014, 09:41   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Who is MUL target audience teenage girls or men in their 30 ' s?
Why would I want to drive with Ranveer that too someone who comes across as full of himself?
Drive with Deepika or something along those lines would have had more takers!
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 11:04   #1344
Senior - BHPian

I was just viewing the website and it says bookings are open.Also the advanced interior sections feature items like rear arm rest ,front arm rest,sun glass holder etc. These are things which are quite common , i really wonder how these are advanced features.

Well in case if Maruti gets the price right this car might be a winner.
Old 20th September 2014, 14:41   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I was just viewing the website and it says bookings are open.Also the advanced interior sections feature items like rear arm rest ,front arm rest,sun glass holder etc. These are things which are quite common , i really wonder how these are advanced features.

Well in case if Maruti gets the price right this car might be a winner.
Well if they are not advanced features then they are "basic" features.

However I can tell you many cars in this segment that don't even have these "basic" features. Sunglasses holder I feel is a first in this segment or at least not many cars have them. So many vendors skimp on driver armrest or rear armrest. So its good to have them as standard.
Old 20th September 2014, 14:54   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Today I went to Maruti Stock Yard And i saw a brown Color Ciaz Standing.

The car is very plain. I was more excited to see it than i was after seeing it. They car is typical maruti with Ok Ok built.

The interiors were very bland. Only good thing were the alloys. The stereo was a pain to use.

Even a 5 Year old window based touch screen HTC phone is fast than this stereo.
manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 15:17   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Today I went to Maruti Stock Yard And i saw a brown Color Ciaz Standing.

The car is very plain. I was more excited to see it than i was after seeing it. They car is typical maruti with Ok Ok built.

The interiors were very bland. Only good thing were the alloys. The stereo was a pain to use.

In a nutshell, everything seems to be perfectly set for their so-called new strategy of uplifting their brand image to premium levels!
Old 20th September 2014, 16:21   #1348
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
The interiors were very bland. Only good thing were the alloys.
How is the quality of the interior plastic, the knobs, handles etc.? Is it similar to those on the current generation Swift, DZire and Ertiga (these are much improved over their earlier cars) or have they managed to improve it further?

Quote:
The stereo was a pain to use.

I love these capacitive touch screens on devices, but not on cars. I believe the solid, tactile feel of dedicated buttons and knobs is better suited for operation in cars, but a touch screen would make sense of there if a navigation system on board (as on the top variant of the Ciaz).

If it's slow only because of the software, they can try to make it faster with an update or two.

Last edited by RSR : 20th September 2014 at 16:22.
Old 20th September 2014, 16:35   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Car is certainly not a looker. Add to that the fact that its a stockyard and not clean meant the car came across even worse then it ideally would have.
Old 20th September 2014, 17:55   #1350
BHPian

I have in fact started liking the car. The more I see the pictures & videos the more I guess its growing on me especially the brown one , but again as pointed out by some folks above pictures can be deceiving and reality may differ.
I liked the way the dashboard is set up very symmetric & organized well my comparison is again with city here , however the dials look plain and city with the blue background and colour changing rings scores more marks here.

Anyways I should admit Iam lucky as I definitely have time till early 2015 and by then all the real time comparisons will be readily available on the table .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks