Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 17:52   #1276
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Regards the comparision with Civic, the one feature I used to love in Civics next to me was the digital speedo. Rarely see it on cars except Jetta as I've personally seen it.

The Ciaz console looks very similiar to that of the Swift family, whatever happened to horses for courses?

Also, given the sale of Here Maps to M$, should we expect neglect for Indian updates?

PS: Unconditional apology to anyone offended by my previous posts.

PPS: I think I found the right car to upgrade from my SX4, and the interest in Ciaz is waning.
Actually i've read somewhere (in the brochure?) that Ciaz comes with tech that lets you mirror your mobile screen to the ICE. In such case, we should be pretty ok using navigation from the mobile IMO in case the inbuilt maps don't get updates.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 11th September 2014 at 17:53.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:58   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Regards the comparision with Civic, the one feature I used to love in Civics next to me was the digital speedo. Rarely see it on cars except Jetta as I've personally seen it.

PS: Unconditional apology to anyone offended by my previous posts.

PPS: I think I found the right car to upgrade from my SX4, and the interest in Ciaz is waning.
The Fluence also has a digital speedo, FYI.

Also found this statement contradicting-

"I think I found the right car to upgrade from my SX4, and the interest in Ciaz is waning."
Old 11th September 2014, 23:33   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Also found this statement contradicting-

"I think I found the right car to upgrade from my SX4, [b]and the interest in Ciaz is waning
Read together, it simply means Ciaz isnt my choice of a SX4 upgrade. Thoroughly disappointed by the puny engines, which judging by the posts seems to be otherwise well received. Like they say, to each his own.
Fornax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 09:20   #1279
BANNED

Maruti has played very smart & clever with Ciaz. They are again playing trump card of Mileage here. In India people get attracted to mileage figures a lot. "Kitna Deti Hai" is the key here. With 20 + for petrol & 26 + for diesel, it will surely attract many common Mango man people for sure. Honda started it with their Diesel FE claim of 26 & Maruti is replying them in smarter way as well

Overall by the reports & reviews, it looks to be a dam good car with acres of space. Feature list is also very impressive & endless. Base model is also equipped a lot & that's a good news. Good to hear that they have worked on ride quality a lot. So when can we expect a T-BHP review? Eagerly waiting guys, please give us

Last edited by aniketi : 12th September 2014 at 09:22.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:46   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Maruti has played very smart & clever with Ciaz. They are again playing trump card of Mileage here. In India people get attracted to mileage figures a lot. "Kitna Deti Hai" is the key here. With 20 + for petrol & 26 + for diesel, it will surely attract many common Mango man people for sure. Honda started it with their Diesel FE claim of 26 & Maruti is replying them in smarter way as well

Overall by the reports & reviews, it looks to be a dam good car with acres of space. Feature list is also very impressive & endless. Base model is also equipped a lot & that's a good news. Good to hear that they have worked on ride quality a lot. So when can we expect a T-BHP review? Eagerly waiting guys, please give us
Only difference between MUL & Honda FE claim is that Honda launched their with 175mm section tires to get that FE and MUL have gone with 195 section 16". A car in this segment deserves 185 section at the very least.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 13:59   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Only difference between MUL & Honda FE claim is that Honda launched their with 175mm section tires to get that FE and MUL have gone with 195 section 16". A car in this segment deserves 185 section at the very least.
Which shows that FE is achievable with proper tyres and Honda should be condemned for skipping it. However, I will wait for real world figures to see how close FE claims are for Ciaz in comparison to City.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:25   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Which shows that FE is achievable with proper tyres and Honda should be condemned for skipping it. However, I will wait for real world figures to see how close FE claims are for Ciaz in comparison to City.
I have driven my City iDtec for around 8000 kms. I get 17-18 kmpl with AC within city and between 23-25 kmpl on highways.
I am running on 205/55-R15 CPC2.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 12th September 2014 at 14:26.
Old 12th September 2014, 15:10   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My conversation with my father yesterday -
Father- Saw an ad in paper about Maruti launching a new sedan. You know about it?
Me - Ya, it's called Ciaz.
F- Looks ok in the ad. Is it better than your City?
Me - better in what sense?
F- like average?
Me - it's same average.
F- engine?
Me - city has a better one.
F- features?
Me - more or less same.
F- space?
Me - again it's almost same.
F- so what is unique about it then?
Me - I have no idea.
F- then you made the right decision in buying city.
Me - why?
F- cos Honda is more premium than Maruti.

Now this is someone with very basic knowledge about cars. He asked me all the general questions which an average buyer thinks of and the perception that Honda is better brand than Maruti exists. At least in my near friends and family I have seen this perception.
Here is another discussion with a boy and a father...

Father- Saw an ad in paper about Maruti launching a new sedan. You know about it?
Me - Ya, it's called Ciaz.
F- Looks "great" in the ad. Is it better than your City?
Me - better in what sense?
F- Like features, does your City come with projector lamps?
Me - No City doesn't come with projector lamps, but why do we need them, even our Maruti 800 didn't have them. Its only for big cars like BMW's that you get them.
F- what about average?
Me - Ciaz has highest in class.
F- It sure would have come with puny tires to get those mileage figures?
Me - well it has got 195 section tires against City's 175m
F- Hmm what about space?
Me - Ciaz has best in class space
F- What about quality of interiors?
Me - Well some bits borrowed by Swift but overall dash looks fresh.
F - What about music system?
Me - Ciaz comes with 7" touchscreen vs 5" in City w/o touchscreen. Plus City one has questionable plastics as well.
F- Does any of these cars have integrated GPS?
Me - Ciaz is the only ones that comes with GPS.
F- Other features?
Me- Well City has Sunroof Ciaz has mirror link. More or less same.
F- Power and 0-100?
Me - For diesel Ciaz is faster in 0-100 by over 3 seconds 11.1 vs 14.75
F- so it has more features, more average, is faster has better looking dashboard better service network then why the heck did you buy the Honda City?
Me - I have no idea.
F- Then get IDEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I have driven my City iDtec for around 8000 kms. I get 17-18 kmpl with AC within city and between 23-25 kmpl on highways.
I am running on 205/55-R15 CPC2.
I am not arguing that, but a car like City with 175mm tires is the primary reason you upgraded. Grand i10 comes with 165mm tires and i20/Swift comes with 185mm tires for crying out loud!

Last edited by aseem : 12th September 2014 at 15:40.
aseem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 16:59   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, i had this conversation with my friend:

Friend: Tell me,which car should I go for? Vento diesel or Rapid diesel?
Me: Um..But you know the service will be costly and the ASS horror stories of Skoda, right?
Friend: This is a company car, so I don't need to worry about ASS.
Me: Ah, that is better. Both cars are more or less same under the skin, so, if these are your choice, chose one which you like cosmetically. But, why don't you take a look at the Honda City?
Friend: No man - the diesel is too noisy inside and some how I could not connect to the car, though I wanted to buy a City for long time.
Me: Ok, then what about Ciaz?
Friend: Oh, the new one from Maruthi? is that good?
Me: Engine from Fiat, so nothing to worry about that. Why dont you go to team bhp and see the pics?
Friend:(calles me up after watching few pics and going through this thread) Wow, looks stunning. Man, this have got the looks, features and Fiat engine - let me hold on to my booking for this month.

Truth of the matter is, the car looks like a very well made package and people dont have any apprehension even if this is a new model, since this is from Maruti.

I honestly believe with Ciaz, they will crack the Sedan segment and will taste success.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 17:03   #1285
Senior - BHPian

One of my primary reason to book the car is that its new. Its always good to buy a product in its initial life & introductory price. For e.g. I bought a Swift in 2005 and the car looked new even after 5 years. In addition buying a car new gives you benefit of introductory price. Look for e.g. Ford Ecosport the prices are no longer tempting, same case for Cruze, XUV etc etc.

Of course there is a danger that the car is an utter flop. But you have to live with it. You win some you loose sum!
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:19   #1286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

I honestly believe with Ciaz, they will crack the Sedan segment and will taste success.

--Anoop
I have a strong feeling that Maruti will break the shackles this time. Ciaz should be a success in the segment this time. It is too good to ignore, even if coming from a stable which is more associated with 'value for money' tag rather than being as aspirational brand.

The looks, interiors, Maruti reliability, backing of the ASC make more than for the case. The only thumbs down to Maruti in the Ciaz case is only the top variant being equipped with dual airbags. Being a front runner in the business, Maruti should be pro-active in advocating safety, at least in a segment where people are willing to spend unlike the entry segments.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:37   #1287
BHPian

I don't think honda city owners should have a rethink about their decision of going for the 4th gen city, both cars have enough reasons to make one buy them, so any post purchase confusion should be credited to an active and aware mindset which overevaluates things (I've been considering 6 cars and still have not decided )

Whether maruti will succeed with ciaz remains to be seen, but I'm fairly optimistic as I recall similar conjecture before the launch of the Ertiga, which, I believe is fairly successful, even making honda come up with a rival
iamendangered is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 20:03   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is now obvious - Honda is giving those puny tyres to save costs. Most of us who have upgraded to 195/60R15 have not seen any substantial drop in mileage at all. They could stick to the same rim size but at least give wider tires.

It looks like MUL kept the City as a Base Reference and they have upped the bar in almost all aspects. The only thing they seemed to have missed is the Cruise Control feature in comparison with the City.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 20:37   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Yes it is now obvious - Honda is giving those puny tyres to save costs. Most of us who have upgraded to 195/60R15 have not seen any substantial drop in mileage at all. They could stick to the same rim size but at least give wider tires.

It looks like MUL kept the City as a Base Reference and they have upped the bar in almost all aspects. The only thing they seemed to have missed is the Cruise Control feature in comparison with the City.
Thanks for being honest even though it sounds like you own the City. Sometimes we get carried away defending our buying decisions and rides. We should however try to be objective and not let our rides cloud our judgement (which maybe I would have been guilty too unknowingly at times).

I think a few misses which would have made Ciaz a killer product:

1. Power Seats
2. Slightly more powerful engine like Vento 1.5 Tdi
3. Cruise Control (I am doubtful of this feature in Bangalore conditions)
4. Slightly tighter suspension not tuned mainly for comfort
5. Sunroof as an option
6. DRL's

I am really hard pressed to find any other feature that they have missed. I just rented a Chrysler Town & Country and really feel Ciaz can hold its own against such a mature product as well and is very relevant in our market given that we can't have very long and wide cars as we have really narrow roads and parking. More so in Bangalore...

Last edited by aseem : 12th September 2014 at 20:38.
Old 12th September 2014, 21:20   #1290
Senior - BHPian

^

ABS + Airbags across variants would be lovely. Honda has done a good job here with the City. Only passenger airbag is missing for the base variants I think.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks