Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 22:20   #106
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Maruti Suzuki badly needs to tap this segment. SX4 diesel is hardly seen on the road.

Is it only me who feels like the boot & rear of this vehicle looks highly inspired from Verna Fluidic/Honda City?
Old 21st August 2013, 03:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Is it only me who feels like the boot & rear of this vehicle looks highly inspired from Verna Fluidic/Honda City?
Yes! It looks more Elantra than Verna i feel! (Spilled on to the bootlid) It even has a touch of Fluence and maybe Ertiga (The tapered triangle) when viewed from the side..

Or am I thinking too much??!!
Old 21st August 2013, 07:02   #108
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to .anshuman and Mr. Li'l Birdie for this exclusive scoop!

MSIL need to bring this to the market ASAP. The sales of the SX4 are dropping faster than the rupee and the chrome grille facelift has done nothing to prevent this. The car has reached the end of its life cycle and it has to be replaced.

The front end of the new car looks cool, while the side and rear are decent and proportionate. The interiors seem to be heavily inspired by the Vento, both in terms of design and the colours used.

Given the fact that they have to use the same engines from the Ertiga, they cannot go overboard with the pricing. It has to be on the lower side of the segment for it to succeed. It cannot be priced on par with the 1.6 lit. Hyundai Vernas with 123PS & 128PS or with the 1.6 lit. VW Ventos with their 105 PS engines. It has to be priced to take on the 1.4 lit. Vernas with 107PS & 90PS and the 1.5 lit. Nissan Sunnys with 99PS and 86PS.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 07:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Sound good and possibly will look good based on the sketches! If all things fall in place, this sedan will be a good upgrade option to many of the Swift (5+ Yrs) owners, moving to sedan class retaining Maruti's benefits!
Yes. Looks very interesting.
But, we need more power. Remapped or Tuning Boxed Swifts are already running at close to 90 HP.

110 HP will satisfy the enthusiasts, but MS doesnt have any other diesel motor than the 1.3 L DDis.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:21   #110
BHPian

Hi Anshuman, thanks for the great scoop. In my opinion the exterior pictures do not look too impressive, maybe because of the skinny tyre, lack of wheel cover. However the wheel base gives an impression of good leg room. Maruti though has significantly improved on the interiors. They look really a notch above the current Ertiga interiors. A lil birdie I know has indicated that this may not be an SX4 replacement but may sit between Dzire and SX4. I think Maruti should look to reposition the city segment. This car should be priced below city, and they should launch a new sedan based on S cross with features of Elantra segment at a price well below Elantra and above the city price.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:39   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
In my opinion the exterior pictures do not look too impressive, maybe because of the skinny tyre, lack of wheel cover.
+1.

I think it looks simple and sporty, even with some plane jane alloys thrown in!

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-yl1_002.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 09:35   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
In my opinion the exterior pictures do not look too impressive, maybe because of the skinny tyre, lack of wheel cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+1.
I think it looks simple and sporty, even with some plane jane alloys thrown in!
Ok here is a picture of top of the line ZDi/Zxi variant. It has 16" rims and 195/55R16 Tires.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-yl1_003.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 09:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Ok here is a picture of top of the line ZDi/Zxi variant. It has 16" rims and 195/55R16 Tires.
WOW you are just calling pics by demand. Are you on the design team?
So I also have a request, I want to see the interiors, could you post a PIC of that please.

Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 09:42   #114
BHPian

In the latest pic posted, the boot design reminds me of a all the more of a Jaguar !
Does lil birdie know when the car will be out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
WOW you are just calling pics by demand. Are you on the design team?
So I also have a request, I want to see the interiors, could you post a PIC of that please.

Thanks
You mean the top end variants? Else the interior pics are on the first page...

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st August 2013 at 09:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 21st August 2013, 09:46   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Are you on the design team?
No i am not

Quote:
Posted a few pictures in post in post#6. Ill post more shots, if/as soon as i get them.
Old 21st August 2013, 09:47   #116
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1127475
This definitley looks better than the black one, though Kizashish alloys are not to my liking. A more sportier 5 or 7 spoke alloys would have helped. The rear reminds me of the Civic. The chrome on the door and door handles give it a little more prestigious look. The front seems to have a long over hang, Ertiga like from this view.
Old 21st August 2013, 10:00   #117
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Okay I knew that black shade was hiding it's creases and curves. That ZXi looks amazing! So do the 16 inch wheels. Completely transformed the side profile with the shade of gray that strengthens the waist line and the concave pinch at the bottom the 16inchers filling those wheel wells add to the looks too and though I am not a huge fan of chrome, I think it works on the window sill and the grille (not the door handles though) The interior looks absolutely brilliant again compared to the segment leaders: vento/rapid and city, the interior LOOKS far better and more captivating. Hope it feels that way too. Disappointing to hear of the lack of an Automatic and ESP. Although a well tuned version of the 1.4K series might lift me a bit. Glad to hear that it is 100kg lighter too
Old 21st August 2013, 10:03   #118
BHPian

Quote:
No i am not

Posted a few pictures in post in post#6. Ill post more shots, if/as soon as i get them.
I just saw them, My God drool worthy and can't imagine what ZDI will have.
You know I would never have thought that Maruti was capable of such designs going by what they offer us here.
So would you recommend a Stay on my Ecosport booking and wait for this. Any time frames you know of.

Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No i am not

You have been sharing so much details about this, that too looking production ready.

I will keep my question simple. Are these pics taken in India ? If yes then is the 2013 launch probable?
Old 21st August 2013, 10:14   #120
BHPian

Thanks for the scoop. The thread looks like a novel being written live with more details added every day.
This car looks ready to be launched with pics of multiple variants here. Is Maruti planning to set fireworks around Diwali? I am waiting.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks