Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:46   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Do we have any pictures of the normal dashboard with ordinary music system, rather than the tablet mounted system of the Z+ variants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am really interested in seeing the pics of variant with wheel covers and normal music system. Anyone?
The pictures posted by moderator .anshuman on behalf of his birdie at the beginning of the thread are of the V+ variant, I believe. The exteriors and the interiors both convey the same.

Post #5 - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3212359

Post #6 - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3213482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
i don't think the Z variant will have the reverse camera as the display is missing.
That's because the Z variant will have the reverse feed integrated into it's IRVM display, just like in the Verna/i20.

Details of the SmartPlay Infotainment System of the Z+:

Quote:
The SmartPlay offers:

· Radio (AM/FM); Media (USB, AUX, Ipod, SD Card)

· Video playback through USB and SD card

· Bluetooth compatibility for hands-free calling and audio streaming

· Navigation with customizable Points of Interest (POI) menu

· Voice recognition for navigation, phone and media

· Quick access for ease of functioning

· Integrated rear view Camera display for easy parking

· Smartphone connectivity

The Ciaz offers a revolutionary new edge in-car infotainment throughSmartPlay® system. The next generation SmartPlay® infotainment system is conceived keeping in mind the growing usage of smartphones with touchscreen, soft touch keys and quick-access for various features.
Source - Deccan Chronicle

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd September 2014 at 16:01.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:46   #1037
Senior - BHPian

V+ offers the basic requirements of the normal public and the most VFM of the lot.
Do not really think that the Z+ variant is going to be a hot seller considering it does not offer anything drastically different from the Z variant.

Honda City SV Idtec is 10.02 lacs (ex showroom Mumbai). On road- Rs. 11.58 lacs.

If the Ciaz V+ is positioned at about 9-9.2 lacs ex showroom, it can dent the City territory in a very big way!!
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:50   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Better aerodynamics.
Aerodynamics contribute more towards efficiency on the highways than marginal difference in vehicle weight.
Swift isn't exactly a brick to start with and even if there is a difference, it can be negated by higher kerb weight of the Ciaz.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd September 2014 at 15:51.
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:01   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Overall it looks like a winner from Maruti. However, I strongly condemn their strategy of skimping on safety features from the top to lowest variant. No airbags, one side airbags, no ABS is all scant respect for passenger safety, irrespective of variants. It wont cost more than 20-30k to provide these across models. Superb example from the market leader. Well done!! (touch of sarcasm)

Last edited by hrman : 3rd September 2014 at 16:02.
hrman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:31   #1040
BHPian

Well, for most buyers on the road, they more interested toward the answer for 'kitna deti hai' than safety.

Despite all that's been said and discussed in this thread, am eagerly looking forward to the official TBHP review - that should give much needed insights.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:18   #1041
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Forget what it stands for, but basically it represents the use of a lot oh high tensile steel to form the monocoque chassis which makes it more rigid. Another added advantage is lower weight. So now you know why its light and you neednt really be worried about it.
Assumed that much, as every manufacturer is now going for lighter yet rigid materials but they could have highlighted it better

From the specs shared by Avi, it looks like they have concentrated more on comfort features than safety. For e.g.; even dual airbags standard only on the Z and Z+ variant.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:25   #1042

Very boring and ordinary interiors. I mean seriously, MSIL, what were you thinking ?! However there are two things majority of Indians like. Cars from Maruti & Salman Khan films. The prudent amongst us cringe and get our brains in a tizzy wondering how the heck these two command their respective popularity. No point arguing with either lot. "Kitna deti hai" when it comes to cars, "kitna sexy hai" when it comes to Salman ! What to do, we are like that only !
EdgedNTaken is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:44   #1043
BHPian

I think we need to break the convention that engine size decides the segment. Was city 1.5 l anyway inferior to SX4 1.6 l ? Even linea is 1.4 l though turbocharged. Ecosport does with a 1 l engine. Dimensions take car to different segments. I'm sure future is reserved for tuners who'd love to turbo the K14. When stock, it won't be the best accelerating C segmenter, nor will it be the safe european tank. Agreed 91 bhp is a weak proposition but with government planning heavy fines on overspeeding, India may get back to "kitna deti hai" attitude. Government has given a ray of hope to petrol guzzlers by reducing the price of petrol. Expect a surge in purchase of petrol cars for a quarter . What I'd love is a motor that has almost linear torque (VVT ?), is low on NVH, is fuel efficient and redlines at 7000 RPM. That's an achievement by Suzuki standards. I had my share of rides in the past where performance was important but now I'm older (wisdom ?) and I don't see a reason why it is a put off (except ABS/Airbags being optional). Comfort (spine) is important now . I'm sure vehicles like ciaz will have takers who don't consider performance as top priority. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Not all were born to race. Some were born to drive/ride.

Last edited by devsoftech : 3rd September 2014 at 17:45.
devsoftech is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:05   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

Weren't the prices to be revealed today?

There isn't much news on the Automatic model, will it be available in just the top end variant or are there other options in it?

Any indication on it's pricing leaked?
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:43   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
I think we need to break the convention that engine size decides the segment. Was city 1.5 l anyway inferior to SX4 1.6 l ? Even linea is 1.4 l though turbocharged. Ecosport does with a 1 l engine. Dimensions take car to different segments. I'm sure future is reserved for tuners who'd love to turbo the K14. When stock, it won't be the best accelerating C segmenter, nor will it be the safe european tank. Agreed 91 bhp is a weak proposition but with government planning heavy fines on overspeeding, India may get back to "kitna deti hai" attitude. Government has given a ray of hope to petrol guzzlers by reducing the price of petrol. Expect a surge in purchase of petrol cars for a quarter . What I'd love is a motor that has almost linear torque (VVT ?), is low on NVH, is fuel efficient and redlines at 7000 RPM. That's an achievement by Suzuki standards. I had my share of rides in the past where performance was important but now I'm older (wisdom ?) and I don't see a reason why it is a put off (except ABS/Airbags being optional). Comfort (spine) is important now . I'm sure vehicles like ciaz will have takers who don't consider performance as top priority. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Not all were born to race. Some were born to drive/ride.
Good argument. Problem currently is no car company is coming out with better Petrol Engines that can beat the Fuel average of Diesel engines. Therefore even if price of Petrol and Diesel reaches equal, Diesel engines will still stand out due to Torque/Fuel Efficiency/Resale value/Power (In that order) to compensate the 1 lakh + one pays extra. And for those who drive 1200km and above per month, it gets recovered very fast.

Once Petrol engines start giving better average than Diesel, the trend will get reversed. Until then, "Kitna deta hai" will always prefer Diesel.
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:51   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
While I appreciate and to some extent agree with you sentiment, but I feel you are viewing this from a different perspective.

Redlining at 7K rpm is fine, but 99% of people who buy a petrol car never redline it even once. Heck, most don't take it past 3K RPM. Forget others, this holds true even for those who plonk their money on vetch engines.

In this context, having higher displacement becomes imperative for NA engines for heavier cars. There's only so much you can extract out of a smaller displacement engine after all. I would count myself in the same category as you, but would still expect reasonable performance in practically the entire rev range, but mostly in bottom and mid. If Maruti has managed to do so with a smaller displacement engine, then kudos to them.

Another point to be noted: many people have reported that smaller displacement engines can suffer from a sharp drop in FE under sharp acceleration or heavy load. So the real world FE of the Ciaz remains to be seen.
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:05   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Swift isn't exactly a brick to start with and even if there is a difference, it can be negated by higher kerb weight of the Ciaz.
Have you checked the ARAI FE rating of the Dzire and the Swift? Both weigh same but the DZire gives fractionally better FE (and slightly higher top speed) compared to its hatch sibling. Why? Boot.

Ciaz is lower with sloping front and rear windshields and has a boot. These are all aero pluses. Even when compared to the Dzire which scored over Swift aerodynamically.

Ciaz weighs a more than Swift but its not too heavy when compared to Swift to nullify better aero of the Ciaz. Aerodynamics play a more important role in FE on highways. Once the car reaches a cruising speed and keeps travelling at that speed the effect of weight on mileage is insignificant. If the car is accelerating and decelerating when being used in city traffic conditions weight will affect efficiency more than aero.

Anyway these are ARAI figures scored under ideal test conditions, have to wait and see what owners get under regular usage.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:13   #1048
BANNED

After reading various and often divergent views on the forum with regards to safety, I guess it's time that the moderators open a poll on how many in T-BHP forum actually buy a car variant loaded with safety features instead of the variant that has requisite creature comfort sans safety features. I believe the results would be very interesting if members reply honestly. By the way, for any thoughts about how Suzuki reduced weight of the Car, I guess we can have a look at concept Regina vehicle showcased few years earlier. No reasons to believe that learning from that concept hasn't been horizontally deployed.
Also, for FE figure doubters, the real question is how does Honda with a bigger displacement engine than Suzuki manage such high FE figures. Is it a marvel of Honda enginerting.? Well, I guess the answer lies in the loopholes provided in FE calcultation regulation world wide. Have a look.
http://www.theicct.org/blogs/inertia...dead-hand-past
Carophilic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:50   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you checked the ARAI FE rating of the Dzire and the Swift? Both weigh same but the DZire gives fractionally better FE (and slightly higher top speed) compared to its hatch sibling. Why? Boot.
And so what explains the higher fuel efficiency from Ciaz having even more powerful variant of the same engine? Bigger size of the boot? Does not sound logic at all.

Quote:
Ciaz weighs a more than Swift but its not too heavy when compared to Swift to nullify better aero of the Ciaz. Aerodynamics play a more important role in FE on highways. Once the car reaches a cruising speed and keeps travelling at that speed the effect of weight on mileage is insignificant. If the car is accelerating and decelerating when being used in city traffic conditions weight will affect efficiency more than aero.
Do you have coefficient of friction figures for both Swift and Ciaz so that we know how much better the larger and weightier sedan is compared to the hatchback so much so that negative the size and weight disadvantage, it still gives an almost 15% improvement in economy with the more powerful variant of the same engine?

Quote:
Anyway these are ARAI figures scored under ideal test conditions, have to wait and see what owners get under regular usage.
We need to check at what rpm does the Ciaz cruise at 100 kph. If the difference isnt much then I cannot see how the larger car is 15% more fuel economical.
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:56   #1050
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Variant details posted by Zigwheels
Thank you for sharing the feature list!

Thankfully, Maruti Suzuki have decided to equip the V_i+ variants with a driver airbag. This is a welcome move for sure.

I bet the base variant, especially the VXi, is going to come with an attractive price tag, in order to pull in customers to the showroom. The V_i variants themselves are acceptably equipped, but the lack of airbags and ABS is a huge drawback, so they're not a recommended buy at all.

The V_i+ and Z_i variants, on the other hand, tick all the right boxes in terms of required features and make the most sensible buys, as they should score highly on the value for money front.

In the absence of a higher airbag count, I don't see the value in paying for the extra features offered on the Z_i+ trim levels.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks