Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:20   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Swift Diesel ARAI = 22.9 kmpl
Ciaz Diesel ARAI = 26.2 kmpl.

That's more than 3 kmpl difference. How's that possible?????
Does the Ciaz comes with an extra gear for the diesel version?
Even if it has an extra gear, I don't know how they can improve the FE to such an extent compared to a Swift diesel in spite of it being a much bigger and heavier car? Or, has Maruti played with the gear ratios in a way that it gets the highest ARAI FE which will help it to grab the eyeballs? Something does not add up here.

On the looks front, I don't think this car is a head turner. The front looks bland to me,the grill looks bad, the only saving grace is the projector headlamps. The side profile looks fine and the rear is also okay. And most of the pictures show the car with those nice 16" alloys which is only going to come up in the top versions. Without those alloys, I would guess the car will look even more ordinary. Overall, a decent looking car.

The interiors too don't have any wow feeling. It looks boring to me.

I still feel the key to this car's success is the pricing. Maruti should be able to price it much lower than the city given the use of same engines and the economies of scale. My guess is 50K lower than the City at least. At that price point, it should be a success.

I feel Maruti missed a trick by giving the car such an underpowered petrol motor. The gap between petrol and diesel is reducing and the petrol Ciaz with that motor feels from a segment down compared to the likes of City/Verna/Vento.

Maruti has played the tried-and-tested Indian mentality here - baadi (long/big) car at a low price, high FE and good A.S.S. Let's see how the market receives it.

Last edited by adimicra : 3rd September 2014 at 12:29.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:32   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Those who are asking about the antenna, I think Prince has explained correctly; the antenna is printed on the rear glass in one single vertical line running down the middle of the horizontal de-fogger lines. Even, I found the concept crazy and only knew of it because of the Kizashi. Makes for a sleek no nonsense design and an easy way to spot ricers However, people have reported issues with reception after installing some forms of tint film so do be careful to buy and install any form of sun film from a reputable source.
The Glass antenna was there in SX4 too. And supposedly it works very well in my car.
Good to see that is carried ahead in Ciaz and really avoids the external bodies touching/ removing/ breaking it.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:40   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Does the Ciaz comes with an extra gear for the diesel version?
It would be interesting to know if Ciaz has got second generation MJD by any chance ? MJD-II is said to be better engine in terms of performance as well as FE. Here we see huge improvements in both departments in case of Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
The Glass antenna was there in SX4 too. And supposedly it works very well in my car.
Good to see that is carried ahead in Ciaz and really avoids the external bodies touching/ removing/ breaking it.
Major issue with roof top antenna is putting body cover on the car. Most of the body covers don't come with antenna pocket. Glass antenna makes it easier to put body cover on the car.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 3rd September 2014 at 12:48.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:42   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Just paid 21k against a maroon ZDI+ (for now). Seems like they have around 18 who have booked so far which isnt as mad as when i got the Ecosport a year back. But then this is Maruti with many dealers in Pune with a Car that didn't keep you waiting from concept to production.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:51   #1025
BHPian

Are they displaying the car at any dealership. I have booked a city wanted to have a look at the ciaz and see if i should go for it instead.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:54   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Drum.

Should be quite sufficient given the performance on offer! Even the 128ps Hyundai Verna diesel comes with rear drum brakes.

Attachment 1282399

As for the projectors, i read somewhere that they are standard across the range.
Hyundai Verna (128 BHP) has all Disc brakes. I am driving it since past 6 months
Cooltronics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:16   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Exactly my doubt. Forget Swift, Ertiga that has the same VVT enabled (similar) 90 PS Diesel has ARAI of 20.xx that is a 6 kmpl difference
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:36   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hyundai Verna (128 BHP) has all Disc brakes. I am driving it since past 6 months
Thanks for pointing it out.

Knew for a fact that the first generation Verna had all round disks and these were dropped when the new fluidic Verna came out - but i was not aware these were introduced back in the 2013 facelift.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ssions-11.html
Old 3rd September 2014, 14:46   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Guys - I am at Apra Auto, Gurgaon. They are not letting me book because I want to use Tata AIG as my insurance provider. They are saying that there are strict instructions from Maruti to not accept bookings if Maruti's own insurance through their tie ups is not used. Can anyone please confirm this urgently?

I think this should not be the case but I don't have other options - I am going out of town in the evening and don't have much time to do research on this.
Lies & lying liars!

No company can insist on dictating which insurer they want their customers to purchase. Not only is it unethical it's ILLEGAL as per IRDA guidelines.

Tell the dealership to give this 'instructions' in writing & tell them you plan on contacting Maruti & IRDA about it. Also tell them you're recording this conversation as proof if they don't give it in writing.

Also, do everyone a favor & call Maruti to complain about this dealer. No matter what we might think of car companies, they don't like dealers like these to cost them a sale & invoke their names to commit fraud.

Some of these scummy dealers have the nerve!! Tell them to stick it.

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 3rd September 2014 at 14:47.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:01   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Better aerodynamics.
Aerodynamics contribute more towards efficiency on the highways than marginal difference in vehicle weight.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:10   #1031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Better aerodynamics.
Aerodynamics contribute more towards efficiency on the highways than marginal difference in vehicle weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Exactly my doubt. Forget Swift, Ertiga that has the same VVT enabled (similar) 90 PS Diesel has ARAI of 20.xx that is a 6 kmpl difference
Quote:

Knew we had an article on this somewhere, and google helped me dig it out. Bumped up that thread as well -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3522074

The fuel efficiency is not calculated using fuel consumption at all. Improved aerodynamics, taller gearing, and clean emissions could contribute a lot towards a higher FE figure, as per the IDC tests conducted by these agencies.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:13   #1032
Distinguished - BHPian

Variant details posted by Zigwheels:

V trim

Projectors,
Power windows,
Turn indicators on ORVMs,
Audio system with USB port,
Four speakers + two tweeters,
Keyless entry,
Tilt-adjustable steering,
Height-adjustable seatbelts,
Chrome inside-door handles,
Trip computer,
Manual AC,
Rear AC vents,
Front and rear centre armrests, and
Electrically adjustable ORVMs.

V+ trim

All features in V, PLUS

Front fog lamps,
Reverse parking sensors,
ABS and Driver airbag,
Automatic Climate Control,
Height-adjustable driver’s seat,
Steering-mounted audio + phone controls, and
Bluetooth connectivity.

Z trim

All features in V+, PLUS

15-inch alloy wheels,
Chrome outside-door handles,
Fabric + Leather seat upholstery,
Push button Start/Stop,
Reverse-parking camera,
Passenger airbag,
Silver-finish inserts for AC vents,
Rear windshield sun-blinds, and
Footwell lamps.

Z+ trim

All features in Z, PLUS

16-inch alloy wheels,
Chrome garnish on trunk lid,
Full leather upholstery,
Leather-wrapped steering wheel,
Touchscreen navigation system + reverse-cam display + smartphone sync + video + voice commands functions.

SOURCE - http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...evealed/19587/
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:28   #1033
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
V trim

Projectors, Power windows, Turn indicators on ORVMs, Audio system with USB port, Four speakers + two tweeters, Keyless entry, Tilt-adjustable steering, Height-adjustable seatbelts, Chrome inside-door handles, Trip computer, Manual AC, Rear AC vents, Front and rear centre armrests, nd
Electrically adjustable ORVMs.

V+ trim

All features in V, PLUS

Front fog lamps, Reverse parking sensors, ABS and Driver airbag, Automatic Climate Control, Height-adjustable driver’s seat, Steering-mounted audio + phone controls, and Bluetooth connectivity.
V+ variant will be the biggest hit IMO. Looks like it has all the features the public needs, except for the passenger airbags which they dont really care about anyways! This will go up against the popular SV variant of the Honda City.

Do we have any pictures of the normal dashboard with ordinary music system, rather than the tablet mounted system of the Z+ variants?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd September 2014 at 15:29.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:37   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
V+ variant will be the biggest hit IMO. Looks like it has all the features the public needs, except for the passenger airbags which they dont really care about anyways! This will go up against the popular SV variant of the Honda City.

Do we have any pictures of the normal dashboard with ordinary music system, rather than the tablet mounted system of the Z+ variants?
I agree. It seems to be the most VFM of the lot. I don't think many people will go for top end variant as 16inch wheels and touchscreen navigation system aren't that big features for normal public.

I am really interested in seeing the pics of variant with wheel covers and normal music system. Anyone?
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:43   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Variant details posted by Zigwheels:

[

Z trim

All features in V+, PLUS

15-inch alloy wheels,
Chrome outside-door handles,
Fabric + Leather seat upholstery,
Push button Start/Stop,
Reverse-parking camera,
Passenger airbag,
Silver-finish inserts for AC vents,
Rear windshield sun-blinds, and
Footwell lamps.

Z+ trim
i don't think the Z variant will have the reverse camera as the display is missing.

Overall the Z variant looks pretty good, but again depends on the price difference.
Anyone has any pics of the interiors of the V, V+ and Z variants
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks