Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 15:58   #691
BANNED

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nice

Just put some nice alloys on the car & it will look much better. Good wheel cap will also increase the looks a lot. I guess this will look hot in white & black being a long sedan. Top end will have most of the things like alloys, chrome surroundings for fog lamps etc which will enhance overall cars appeal for sure. Eagerly waiting for this car now.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:11   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So suddenly, the option of 1.6L DDiS vanishes into thin air from ACI reports; ain't it?!
Earlier ACI report reproduced below,
Quote:
The mainstay of the range will continue to be Fiat's 90bhp 1.3 Multijet engine. Known as the DDIS in Maruti terminology, the engine will be tuned to improve the delay in acceleration experience at low speed due to the turbo. Maruti will also import a larger 1.6 diesel from Fiat for some of its other models sold in India like the S-cross.
Let us hope there is a 1.6 diesel variant as a possibilty since anyways S cross will have them. Maynot be at the launch of Ciaz but will phase in soon after that.

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th August 2014 at 16:23.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:31   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz ready to launch.
ACI LINK

Quote " Features like projector headlamps, rear aircon vents, rear defogger, central locking and electrically-adjustable wing mirrors could be offered as standard. Top trims could see additions like alloy wheels, climate control, a touchscreeen, steering mounted controls, keyless entry, ABS and airbags."

Apart from 1.6 liter diesel mill, there is no mention about Sunroof and Daytime Running Lights? Also we are yet to see a India spec top variant isn't it? Or was there a spy shot somewhere. I seriously wish this vehicle is fully loaded and deserves an engine not less than 100 BHP.
Cheers!
Old 25th August 2014, 16:42   #694
BHPian

All the competition for Ciaz are offering more powerful/refined engines. The 1.3 MJD still suffers from turbo lag issues while Honda's I-Dtec has minimal turbo lag, by all accounts. Verna engines make more power and are better refined.
So, is maruti planning to sell purely based on brand reputation and good will.

Will the overall package of ciaz be better than what the competition offers? I doubt it somehow.
It will definitely sell at launch but I doubt if it will be able to sustain the numbers in long term.
Old 25th August 2014, 16:58   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
All the competition for Ciaz are offering more powerful/refined engines. The 1.3 MJD still suffers from turbo lag issues while Honda's I-Dtec has minimal turbo lag, by all accounts. Verna engines make more power and are better refined.
So, is maruti planning to sell purely based on brand reputation and good will.

Will the overall package of ciaz be better than what the competition offers? I doubt it somehow.
It will definitely sell at launch but I doubt if it will be able to sustain the numbers in long term.
Absolutely. And why not! I am sure a majority of buyers are looking at this as a family sedan. Especially, since its Maruti, and the brand loyalists will ALWAYS give it a go before looking elsewhere, the selling pitch would be Comfort --> Mileage --> Safety --> Power --> Cheap cost of ownership --> Everything else.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:10   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Absolutely. And why not! I am sure a majority of buyers are looking at this as a family sedan. Especially, since its Maruti, and the brand loyalists will ALWAYS give it a go before looking elsewhere, the selling pitch would be Comfort --> Mileage --> Safety --> Power --> Cheap cost of ownership --> Everything else.
I think maruti may be in for a surprise. You can sell a 6-8 L car based on maruti brand name and network but I am not convinced that you can sell a 10-12 L car based on that. Maruti is going against an established Verna and City in this segment and honda/hyundai are considered on par with maruti in terms of reliability and cost of maintenance.
I guess only time will tell...

Last edited by etrast75 : 25th August 2014 at 17:10. Reason: typo
Old 25th August 2014, 17:16   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Guess they better match Honda & Hyundai then. Cause to me, City & Verna provide the first 4 (plus cheap TCO for City?) at pretty high standards already! So where is MSIL going to differentiate Ciaz? The fan base of MSIL value proposition let the SX4 & Kizashi down when competition brought in worthy cars.

Am sure MSIL wants to go beyond their image of the numero-uno hatch-back manufacturer for masses. There is a lot of good that a successful sedan in the C segment will do to its brand value and the Ciaz is a key stepping stone. Better margins here in this segment too i guess so does greater good to the share holder value. 10 yrs from now, designs like Alto-800 may not be acceptable at all so this is MSIL trying to grow up (again..)
Old 25th August 2014, 17:56   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

From what I have come to know, Ciaz will have ABS across the range. This will be in a standard /optional format. That means CiAz can be ordered with ABS even if users are opting for base variant.
Also what I have heard is that Reverse parking sensors will be standard across the range with display/camera setup only in topend variant.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 25th August 2014 at 17:57.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 18:49   #699
BHPian

I heard from a little birdie that the Ciaz will NOT come with a 1.6L diesel initially (but the SX4 Cross will, with the 1.6MJD). Was not told if there are plans to release a 1.6L diesel Ciaz later or not.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 00:10   #700
Senior - BHPian

It is now confirmed that 1.6 diesel is not coming. So let's put all the birdies to rest.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 00:46   #701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
It is now confirmed that 1.6 diesel is not coming. So let's put all the birdies to rest.

With this one factor alone- it's dropped from an exciting package to an 'also ran' IMO. The possibility of a powerful, spacious and good looking sedan from Maruti was real exciting, but frankly- I'm not excited anymore about a sedan that carries the same engine as my Punto.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 01:08   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I heard from a little birdie that the Ciaz will NOT come with a 1.6L diesel initially (but the SX4 Cross will, with the 1.6MJD). Was not told if there are plans to release a 1.6L diesel Ciaz later or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Have been telling that from start. Just that the other media speculated a lot and this circulated all over the place. Even the future availability is just a possibility and not a certain thing.
Old 26th August 2014, 01:08   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz ready to launch.

Attachment 1278146
Those black inserts on the rear bumper look really ugly to me. I guess a good looking Ciaz has to be black now, though the front would look ugly with the chrome overload on the black!
Old 26th August 2014, 01:27   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Have been telling that from start. Just that the other media speculated a lot and this circulated all over the place. Even the future availability is just a possibility and not a certain thing.
Even though the Ciaz WAS tested with the 1.6DDiS from Fiat, it will never be launched unless the production is locally started. It doesn't make sense to plonk an imported engine into the Ciaz and launch it at a premium.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 07:56   #705
Team-BHP Support

On a competing C-Segment, they could never get in a CBU/Imported engine and command margins. As I had posted in the SX4 S-Cross thread, it makes more reason for them to get the 1.6 MJD into S-Cross. Because they have already said, its going to be premium. Under the tag of premium, they can add margin even with an imported engine. 1.6 can only make it when it gets into local production.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed