Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 10:14   #676
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Off-Topic:: I believe one of the SX4's variant came with a 16 inch wheel and 190 mm GC as well. The GC in the face-lifted version (when diesel was introduced) was reduced to 180mm IIRC.
Yes thats right, the Pre-VVT era SX4 came with 190mm GC on the ZXi which came with 16 inch alloy wheels and 180mm on the VXi which came with 15 inch steel rims. These cars had a slightly stiffer suspension setup compared to the VVT SX4's.

The VVT SX4's also came with similar sized wheels as mentioned above but with changes to the suspension setup which was now relatively softer sprung compared to the earlier cars. Also the GC was dropped to 180mm on the ZXi and 170mm on the VXi.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 25th August 2014 at 10:18.
prince85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:16   #677
Senior - BHPian

So is the 1.6 coming or not. No other website except TBHP reporting about the 1.6 ltd MJD.
Old 25th August 2014, 10:19   #678
BANNED

This car is surely going to be hit for sure. I like the strategy of making car available from day 1 to customers. They are producing 7000+ cars before launch shows how much confident they are on their product. This hints that they are going to launch it with some really attractive price & will undercut Verna, City with some margin. I am expecting price to start with 6.99 L Ex showroom. Lets see.

OT: When i visited Maruti showroom, SE hinted that Maruti is planning to launch SX4 cross in early 2015. That's a good news for sure. Looks like Maruti is going for kill
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:20   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
So is the 1.6 coming or not. No other website except TBHP reporting about the 1.6 ltd MJD.
See post #604, ACI has given on the engine options, but not sure yet if the 1.6 will be at launch or will phase in later. Also read #618 which is confirming the ACI report.

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th August 2014 at 10:26.
Old 25th August 2014, 10:51   #680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
There is a catch here as well - service technicians reported a 1.6L diesel engine for the ZDi, but we cannot be sure if it is the 1.6 MJD / 1.6 HDi engine under the hood.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 11:24   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is a catch here as well - service technicians reported a 1.6L diesel engine for the ZDi, but we cannot be sure if it is the 1.6 MJD / 1.6 HDi engine under the hood.
Highly unlikely they will be able to plonk the 1.6 Diesel on the ciaz and keep the cost competitive.A good example would be the VW going for 1.5TDI for the polo as well as the Vento.

Maruti is too weak in this segment and need to keep the price competitive and a better deserving vehicle to plonk the 1.6 MJD would be Ertiga than the ciaz.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:34   #682
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I am expecting price to start with 6.99 L Ex showroom. Lets see.
6.99 lacs sounds ideal for the VXi. The Ciaz VXi/VDi doesn't seem to have too many features (especially on the safety front). They are deliberately keeping it this way, in order to achieve a mouth-watering starting price for marketing purposes. Most customers would anyway choose the V_i+ or the Z_i variants, after looking at the features list.

It's also good that they have upped the horsepower of the 1.4 petrol engine to 100PS or so, if only for that psychological effect.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:07   #683
BHPian

Is Suzuki offering the 1.3 DDis engine for the Ciaz as well.
karzzexped is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 12:29   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Highly unlikely they will be able to plonk the 1.6 Diesel on the ciaz and keep the cost competitive.A good example would be the VW going for 1.5TDI for the polo as well as the Vento.

Maruti is too weak in this segment and need to keep the price competitive and a better deserving vehicle to plonk the 1.6 MJD would be Ertiga than the ciaz.
They sure can go the Hyundai way by offering options letting you pick what your budget allows you to. And frankly, anything above the Swift deserves a newer & bigger engine cause the 1.3DDiS has been flogged enough and it will simply not provide a driving experience that matches the Verna or City.

This is MSIL trying to break the glass ceiling and they need to put their best options forward. If they realize this, they will probably also include the 1.6L engine in the line up as speculated. The cars in this segment go beyond fuel efficiency and features to a certain extent and MSIL needs to tick all the right boxes and not just some. The competition is fierce as it is and if the Ciaz fails to impress right off the block, there is no turning things around.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:32   #685
BHPian

Any word on a Diesel Automatic option?
Old 25th August 2014, 12:36   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A good example would be the VW going for 1.5TDI for the polo as well as the Vento.
Volkswagen wont have much in terms of cost savings for using the 1.5 TDi in the Vento. Remember, the whole exercise was done for the Polo - where the sub-4m length along with the 1.5L engine will bring in huge reduction in terms of excise, while doing away with most of the disadvantages of the earlier 1.2L diesel.

However, taking the Vento - there is no excise duty to be reduced. Only savings if any - will need to come from the engine manufacturing costs itself and the economies of scale.

Both the blocks are near identical with the only difference being a reduced stroke of 77mm in the 1.5 TDi compared to 79.5mm in the 1.6 TDi. There would be no significant savings in the manufacturing costs here.

Coming to economies of scale - With both the 1.5 TDi (in the higher state of tune) and the 1.6 TDi producing an identical 105bhp and 250Nm, it doesn't make sense to produce two different versions of the same engine anymore.

Quote:
Maruti is too weak in the segment, and thats why they can't afford to leave a glaring weakness unattended IMO. Honda and other companies will take advantage of the fact that its only a 1.3L diesel under the hood of the Ciaz.

Keeping a 1.3L for the lower versions and a 1.6L as an option of the higher variants makes more sense, doesn't it? Both from perspectives of costs and competitiveness?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th August 2014 at 12:37.
Old 25th August 2014, 13:21   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

However, taking the Vento - there is no excise duty to be reduced. Only savings if any - will need to come from the engine manufacturing costs itself and the economies of scale.
I think there shall be an excise duty saving of 3% for engine capacity below 1500cc, 24% v/s 27% for engine capacity above 1500cc.

I hope I have'nt interpreted it incorrectly from this document

http://www.siamindia.com/Upload/EXCISE2012.pdf
lalittalwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:30   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz ready to launch.

Quote:
Ciaz may not be its direct replacement. In fact, the Ciaz is likely to be slotted higher up in the segment. Looking at the dimensions and the interiors, it looks like the Ciaz may bridge the gap between mid-size sedans and executive sedans.
Mid size variant
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-0_468_700_http___i_haymarketindia_net_extraimages_20140825010916_ciazx1_copy.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-0_0_0_http___i_haymarketindia_net_news_ciazx2_copy.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-0_0_0_http___i_haymarketindia_net_news_ciazx3_copy.jpg

Quote:
The rear doors look massive, indicating good rear legroom.
Maruti will offer the Ciaz with both petrol and diesel motors. The petrol being the 1.4-litre from the Ertiga and the diesel being the familiar 1.3-litre Multijet from Fiat. Transmission will be manual, but there could also be an automatic on offer. No AMT on offer.
Features like projector headlamps, rear aircon vents, rear defogger, central locking and electrically-adjustable wing mirrors could be offered as standard. Top trims could see additions like alloy wheels, climate control, a touchscreeen, steering mounted controls, keyless entry, ABS and airbags.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ch-389999.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th August 2014 at 13:59.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 14:16   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
I think there shall be an excise duty saving of 3% for engine capacity below 1500cc, 24% v/s 27% for engine capacity above 1500cc.

I hope I have'nt interpreted it incorrectly from this document

http://www.siamindia.com/Upload/EXCISE2012.pdf
Your interpretation is correct indeed. Looks like there will be 3% saving which could contribute to the manufacturers profit margin. Thanks for bring that up. I stand corrected.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 15:51   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ciaz ready to launch...
So suddenly, the option of 1.6L DDiS vanishes into thin air from ACI reports; ain't it?!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks