Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 13:26   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Loving that sleek look, specially in white! If it comes with a 1.6 DDiS and a high FE 1.3 90hp DDiS - it is really going to give a tough fight to the Honda City.
+1 to that. The Chinese one looks gorgeous in white. I am guessing there will be some worthy features missing on the Indian version.

Having bought the Rapid recently just had a feeling that I should have waited a bit longer for this. Just for a passing moment though. Then I reminded myself on all aspects of my car that I absolutely love and the fact that I may never have them in ciaz. Then all was well as it should be.
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:25   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Promotion in form of memes in full swing. Bookings could start next week.
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-10411212_635430253242468_625244334099202272_n.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-10472166_635430223242471_2294877164810315414_n.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-10624690_635430233242470_1010379521808481382_n.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-10628360_635430246575802_1326242076473054932_n.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:01   #648
Team-BHP Support

Why dont we get the nice tail-lamps of the Chinese version. The Indian version looks bad in comparison.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-suzukialiviospiedproductionmodelboot.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-1408009437865.jpg
Old 23rd August 2014, 21:25   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Why dont we get the nice tail-lamps of the Chinese version. The Indian version looks bad in comparison.
They gotta leave something for a mid-cycle facelift!

On the whole, this looks like a solid effort and is definitely swaying me away from the City.

Hoping that the 1.6 diesel and the other rumors are true - will be the icing on the cake!
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:05   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1277226

Attachment 1277227
Exactly my point. Plus the Indian car lacks rear boot and bumper chrome touches and front bumper chrome touches. Also the front grill with thick chrome moustache type bars looks really ugly.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:17   #651
Senior - BHPian

Whats with this cat? Sorry I dunno whats the big deal. This is the same cat thats featured in this 2012 video from Gramatik :

Old 24th August 2014, 07:16   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Pictorially compared - Ciaz Vs City

Old 24th August 2014, 08:12   #653
BHPian

Honestly I felt the comparison was too biased towards the Ciaz. I agree that Ciaz has a better looking front grill and headlight design however IMO the City looks better in the 3 quarter and the rear view.The tail lamps look better integrated in the city and the sharp lines are better than the rounded corners of Ciaz.

Last edited by pdma : 24th August 2014 at 08:15.
Old 24th August 2014, 08:36   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
+1 to that. The Chinese one looks gorgeous in white. I am guessing there will be some worthy features missing on the Indian version.

Having bought the Rapid recently just had a feeling that I should have waited a bit longer for this. Just for a passing moment though. Then I reminded myself on all aspects of my car that I absolutely love and the fact that I may never have them in ciaz. Then all was well as it should be.
Can you please list those features in Rapid?
We are still waiting for complete specs of Ciaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
They gotta leave something for a mid-cycle facelift!

On the whole, this looks like a solid effort and is definitely swaying me away from the City.

Hoping that the 1.6 diesel and the other rumors are true - will be the icing on the cake!
This is a good opportunity for those after market players

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Honestly I felt the comparison was too biased towards the Ciaz. I agree that Ciaz has a better looking front grill and headlight design however IMO the City looks better in the 3 quarter and the rear view.The tail lamps look better integrated in the city and the sharp lines are better than the rounded corners of Ciaz.
Yes you are correct. And these are the proper upgrade for the old Baleno and Gen 1 Honda city who were in the real competition those times. Lets wait for comparison after Ciaz release.

Last edited by devil_klm : 24th August 2014 at 08:44.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 10:45   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Exactly my point. Plus the Indian car lacks rear boot and bumper chrome touches and front bumper chrome touches.
The primary difference of the tail lamps is the large reverse lamps in the Indian version. Not sure if it has something to do with the "Indian conditions". In the western world, reverse light is primarily an indication for those standing at the rear of the car about its direction of motion and not necessarily for the driver to see the area behind the car. In our case, we actually need the reverse light to be powerful enough to lit up the area for visibility while reversing.

So the tail lamp on Indian version, though not as good looking might be more practical when parking in the basement with no other light source. I can clearly see an aftermarket business flourishing with the Chinese version tail lamps though.

On the missing chrome touches, I'm actually happy they are absent! As you said, I wouldn't mind if they replaced the chrome with a honeycomb design on the grill.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 10:53   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
The primary difference of the tail lamps is the large reverse lamps in the Indian version. Not sure if it has something to do with the "Indian conditions". In the western world, reverse light is primarily an indication for those standing at the rear of the car about its direction of motion and not necessarily for the driver to see the area behind the car. In our case, we actually need the reverse light to be powerful enough to lit up the area for visibility while reversing.

So the tail lamp on Indian version, though not as good looking might be more practical when parking in the basement with no other light source. I can clearly see an aftermarket business flourishing with the Chinese version tail lamps though.

On the missing chrome touches, I'm actually happy they are absent! As you said, I wouldn't mind if they replaced the chrome with a honeycomb design on the grill.
The honeycomb design will surely look better than those awful chrome bars we've seen on the Indian Ciaz. Or atleast if they are hell bent on giving us chrome, the chinese ones look far more premium and tasteful.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 11:03   #657
Senior - BHPian

Interiors seem a lil bit of a let down. Especially the doors? It looks like the door pads were borrowed from Ritz. Parts sharing is a good way to cut costs but if you are going for premium look outside, please give some attention to the interiors as well, Maruti Suzuki!
Old 24th August 2014, 12:09   #658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Looks are subjective, but my personal opinion is that the new City looks awkward from many angles thanks to the chiseled looks Honda tried to incorporate to differentiate the new City from the previous generation.

Unfortunately - when some top boss wanted a chiseled look, it looks like one of the designers just took a chisel and literally just peeled off the edges of the model!

Two artificially bulging lines in any otherwise sleek model -
(Both pics sourced from our official review)

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-newhondacity01.jpg

I would say Gen3 City > Ciaz > Gen4 City.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th August 2014 at 12:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 12:46   #659
BHPian

Damn, the rear resemblence of the City and Ciaz is uncanny.

The question that stands is, who copied whom.
TBH, I think the City is a copy of the Ciaz, but that's just my opinion.
Old 24th August 2014, 13:21   #660
BANNED

Quote:
Unfortunately - when some top boss wanted a chiseled look, it looks like one of the designers just took a chisel and literally just peeled off the edges of the model!

Two artificially bulging lines in any otherwise sleek model
Fully agree with you on this. The designers have spoiled the clean look of this car with these two bulges / cheek bones protruding out.

Minus these bulges the City would have been a stunner as usual but.. a missed opportunity for me.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks