Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:36   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

1. Engineers in Suzuki, China know how to use chrome better than the ones in Maruti Suzuki

2. The white Ciaz left me drooling. Its a beauty. So are the interiors and space. As I told before, if the dynamics are sorted as usual by Suzuki, it would be anyday a better ride compared to giving a load of power which is unusable due to bad handling.

3. The cat Memes are definitely better than the video

4. Offering multiple engine option means that Maruti has woken up from a deep slumber. All this while, forget engine options, it was like giving the same engine with an option to choose the car. Not sure if that really goes the opposite way in this case.
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:49   #632
Team-BHP Support

Those 16" grey multi-spoke rims look very nice! I really hope we get it here. Another shot from the Chinese counterparts:

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-suzukialiviospiedproductionmodelwheel.jpg

But they seem to get better equipment on the top end model - sunroof, rear camera etc.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-suzukialiviospiedproductionmodelfront.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-suzukialiviospiedproductionmodelboot.jpg

Leg space looks good. The wheelbase has increased?

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-suzukialiviospiedproductionmodelrearlegroom.jpg

Source: Autohome China via IAB
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:50   #633
BHPian

Looking for an addition to the SX4 that I currently drive which has done around 65k Kilometers.

If Maruti gets a "reasonably" fuel efficient 1.6 L Diesel with an Auto box (Not AMT), we are definitely looking at a winner. The only other option in this segment is the Verna which just doesn't excite the heart or sound practical to the mind.

Having owned both the SX4 and the City (Previous Gen), I can definitely say that the SX4 has been without a doubt one of the most under rated cars in India. The Ciaz sure has shoes to fill and needs to be leaps ahead of competition to give the City/Verna a run for their money.
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:54   #634
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if the launch could be as late as sept 25. The teasers are already out, the final images are accessible to vast public via net. Plus Honda City production is not as high due to Honda increasing Mobilio production.

Launching this car anytime now seems to more logical than to wait for long. Honda has made smart decision of increasing mobilio product as the car will have immense margins compared to city. MSIL should be clever enough to capitalize on this.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 22nd August 2014 at 17:56.
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:03   #635
Senior - BHPian

Wow !!! Simply killer looks i must say. This new photos has changed the whole perception about the car. If this is the car they are launching then City, Verna better watch out. This is a serious competitor. It will surely eat lot of market share. Hope top end will get all these features shown in the photo.

BTW, car in white looking very royal & smashing. Classic looks
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:09   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks stunning in the Chinese version. I hope these (chrome bits, smoked headlamps etc) are a direct fit (in case NOT launching in the Indian version). In that case, might be available on aliexpress.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 22:16   #637
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
1.6 DDiS is definitely on cards and salesperson have got training on it. Maruti has adopted a similar sales strategy as Kizashi where a team will be dedicated exclusively for Ciaz
Wow the news of a 1.6 MultiJet is brilliant and so is the 1.4 k-series on steroids. What's even more interesting is news about the 1.6 VVT in sports guise This ought to definitely take the market by storm equipped with such engines and that level of space and modernity that most Maruti offerings have lacked.

What I don't like however is news that they are adopting similar sales strategies as they did for the Kizashi. A team is dedicated exclusively means that when certain members of the team leave, the company will be too lazy to train more and it makes it a little more difficult to get it serviced as easily.

I'm sure we will get something that looks just as amazing as the Chinese one just wait till we can see the top-line spec at the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Not so sure about the back seat space. Looks like pic has been clicked when the seat has been moved forward completely. However, should be more spacious than other Maruti offerings till now.

It looks really good in white and those alloys are killer. Interiors look good too but the point is how many things we will get here in India. That touchscreen console looks like a 5 or 7 inch one and I don't think Maruti will give the same here. Lesse.
With an un-rivaled wheelbase and dimensions in it's class, it doesn't seem difficult to think it will be more spacious than the rest. Sure those seats are definitely pushed forward a lot but that is still some D-Segment rivalling rear seat space.

I honestly don't care about the touchscreen which I'm actually sure they will launch because they seem to be getting everything right with this car so far, and the fact it has other features like standard projector lamps, 16 inch alloys, strong engines, space, improved quality, and quite a few other impressive things like electrochomic day/night IRVM, doesn't allow me to condemn it like we do most Marutis.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 22nd August 2014 at 22:45.
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:37   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Wow the news of a 1.6 MultiJet is brilliant and so is the 1.4 k-series on steroids. What's even more interesting is news about the 1.6 VVT in sports guise This ought to definitely take the market by storm equipped with such engines and that level of space and modernity that most Maruti offerings have lacked.

Though I believe the K14 engine may come in a higher power output(~100bhp), expecting a 1.6L engine will remain a dream, until the S-Cross production begins. As of now there are only two engine variants produced. Perhaps in the coming year or so we 'may' get bigger engines but as of now its the same K14 and D13 engine options.

By the way, after the Ciaz is launched, we can shortly see a facelifted Swift, Dzire and Ertiga and this news is confirmed. MSIL just wants to launch all the features in the Ciaz and then get Bluetooth, Cruise control etc on the other models.
Old 23rd August 2014, 00:21   #639
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Though I believe the K14 engine may come in a higher power output(~100bhp), expecting a 1.6L engine will remain a dream, until the S-Cross production begins. As of now there are only two engine variants produced. Perhaps in the coming year or so we 'may' get bigger engines but as of now its the same K14 and D13 engine options.

By the way, after the Ciaz is launched, we can shortly see a facelifted Swift, Dzire and Ertiga and this news is confirmed. MSIL just wants to launch all the features in the Ciaz and then get Bluetooth, Cruise control etc on the other models.
Yes I'm aware that we probably won't get all these brilliant options right at the launch of the vehicle. Though the higher output K14 does sound promising. My family is personally not on the lookout for a new car so no issues in waiting to see the 1.6 petrol sports model even if it takes another 2-3 quarters to launch.

I've heard about the facelifted Dzire but honestly, I'm not at all into the Dzire, Ertiga etc. It will be interesting though to see, how good the quality is of their Swift when they come up with a new one in 2017. So far we have been getting a lot less in terms of sheer build, quality, and the car (metal itself) in the Indian Swift so I hope they bridge that gap between the ones manufactured here and the ones manufactures in Europe.
Once their star compact hatchback also implements international standards like the Grand Vitara and Kizashi did and now even the Ciaz appears to be doing (which is a bigger acheivement since this is going to be locally produced), that is when I will believe that Maruti has truly brought their A-game

Last edited by IshaanIan : 23rd August 2014 at 00:24.
Old 23rd August 2014, 00:46   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Fresh Spyshot
Quote:
Around 2500+ Ciaz available in Manesar plant's stockyard . However , 6500+ Ciaz targeted to be produced before its next month launch .
Quote:
Some more details of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz captured like outside mirror mounted LED side indicators and factory fitted body colored mudflaps will be Standard on all variants . As per Source it will be launching before 1st Navratra (25 September) means it could be launching by 22 Sep to 24 Sep across India .
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-ciaz_production_close.jpg
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-ciaz_side_look.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 00:53   #641
BHPian

Concern for pedestrians very / too visible in the bonnet design in the pic above!
Old 23rd August 2014, 05:08   #642
Team-BHP Support

Loving that sleek look, specially in white! If it comes with a 1.6 DDiS and a high FE 1.3 90hp DDiS - it is really going to give a tough fight to the Honda City.

Personally - I'm all tempted to get a Ciaz 1.6 DDiS in white, but that will have to wait.
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:36   #643
Senior - BHPian

The ground clearance as seen from the pictures doesn't speak well of the handling part. Just an initial observation.
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:02   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The ground clearance as seen from the pictures doesn't speak well of the handling part. Just an initial observation.
But a lower ground clearance could be another problem for Indian roads as that in civic.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:59   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Soft suspension + High GC will be the worst package. However if they give the Sx4 kind of setup then I aint complaining.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks