Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 20:36   #46
BANNED

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

I hope the tune on the 1.4K series motor will be pushed for more torque. It is good to see Suzuki trying harder now. Their new offerings; Swift, Ertiga, Grand Vitara and Kizashi have all been extremely potent products. A question though, being a new Suzuki, I expect it to be FTD but will the Ertiga platform hamper that on this car? Cause if they offer the best and most luxurious rear and a fun to drive car, they are bound to have a winner. No complaints whatsoever with Suzuki's new styling on any of their cars, can't wait. Now will this birdie have pictures too? And an expected launch? Atleast which year and quarter can we expect this to hit showrooms? 2014 Q3?

On another note, any idea when Maruti will get contracts to offer the 1.6 MultiJet? I am a petrol-head all the way but let's not kid ourselves it has to be diesel in India and as a loyalist, I would hate to see a new Suzuki product fail because of a weak diesel :P

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th August 2013 at 20:39.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post

These people sure know the price of everything but the value of nothing!

God bless my mother land and her wonderful people.
Whom are you mocking here Doc Maanava, the company or its customers? I guess you have some personal hatred towards Maruti.

Please look around you and you will find that most of the products we use share some parts/design/features from others in its family. Be it a mobile phone, any electronic gadget or equipment, toys, furniture and so on. IMO, it is not wise to re-invent the wheel; its wiser to improve on the existing design.
Old 10th August 2013, 13:22   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Please Note: Added one more Sketch on Page.1 Post#3. Link: Interior Sketch Added here.
Old 10th August 2013, 19:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

If the authentics concept is anything to go by, the car has a level of sophistication hitherto not seen on Marutis. The problem with Maruti is that inspite of being the market leader, they have never been proactive. Its only when the competition brings something better to the table that they wake up from their slumber. The XA Alpha was previewed 2 years back. The corporate honchos at MSIL put it on the backburner. When the competition started minting money with SUV's, Maruti woke up as if someone set their a$$ on fire. Now they want to launch 3 SUV's in the next 2 years. What the hell where they smoking till now?
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 20:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

The new and refreshing SX4 is surely going to be a hot-cake once launched. The pic suggests that it will surely send the competetors in this segment a run for their money. Very well designed.

AD
Old 10th August 2013, 20:32   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
EDIT: Adding Interior Sketch on a later date.

Attachment 1123753
Is this the interior that the little birdie is talking about ?
Zero Cool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 20:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post

While the sketch looks cool, the real one as seen in this post looks great. Lets see if the lil birdie confirms the sketch and the real picture to be the same.
Old 10th August 2013, 21:01   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is the SX4- S cross interiors!

Cheers!
Old 10th August 2013, 21:36   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No, this is not the same. Interior is exactly on the lines of the sketch posted.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th August 2013 at 21:37.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 21:44   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
While the sketch looks cool, the real one as seen in this post looks great. Lets see if the lil birdie confirms the sketch and the real picture to be the same.
Hii mate, surely interior has got neat lines and the material quality too looks very polished.

AD
Old 11th August 2013, 14:03   #56
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Maruti can win this segment without the Swift tag. They did it with Swift DZire in the entry segment. My suggestion to Maruti: make this car's headlamp same as Swift, and name it Swift Action, and price it around 6.5 - 8.5L.
Old 11th August 2013, 14:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I don't think Maruti can win this segment without the Swift tag. They did it with Swift DZire in the entry segment. My suggestion to Maruti: make this car's headlamp same as Swift, and name it Swift Action, and price it around 6.5 - 8.5L.
Buddy; the persona of this car makes it stand-out among it's peers. As a matter of fact the pic of the car from front shall win half of the battle for Maruti..rest lies with technical and mechanical competency of the vehicle which surely is always a plus-point with maruti.

AD
Old 13th August 2013, 01:12   #58
BHPian

To begin with folks (Ayan, romeomidhun) I would like to request people to read the previous post for what it is – a parody. People are free to browse the net to understand the meaning of the word. However, the meaning/s are not to be taken out of context. Thus, the interpretation of the word and how I have viewed it is given below.

A parody (/ˈpærədi/; also called spoof, send-up or lampoon), in current use, is an imitative work created to comment on an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of satiric or ironic imitation. Simon Dentith, defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice. Parody may be found in art or culture, including literature, music (although "parody" in music has an earlier, somewhat different meaning than for other art forms), animation, gaming and film. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody#cite_ref-1).

It is surprising to find folks on this forum, take a matter unrelated to anyone personally and make it personal. Guess, I overvalued or undervalued a few thought process depending on from where one sees it. In addition I find it impossible to believe that people replying to my post have not read the complete post, as there is a disclaimer there regarding its nature and that no offense was intended. Guess these people replying to my posts were either too tired or did not understand the word and the play of words. Oh, so sorry, I get it. It is indeed not easy to understand certain terms and their usages. But what prevented them from trying to learn and then reply to the post beats me. Was it inability, in capacity or sheer over confidence in their own abilities, is for those who are interested to find out. But for the sake of (ayan, romeomidhun) I hope they get their language issues sorted out before it comes back to burn them in more serious issues in their life.

@ Ayan
I guess it a question of age when one emperor clothes oneself by asking what the other person what the hell he was smoking on a public forum. Dear One, I am smoking reality. While I regard your view point and find questioning my post absolutely correct as this is what forums are for, I am appalled at the degradation of etiquette on this forum. Questions can be asked in a polite, gentlemanly, civilised, manner and I find it disappointing that I have to be the one telling you such things at the age you are in (seen your profile) and in such a public forum. But somebody has to do the dirty business as some have not done it.

If you think what Maruti is doing a good job, then good for you. Just like your view point others too have their own. Neither is right, neither is wrong. It depends on what you are looking for. Regardless of this being a parody, if one were to take it seriously, then if you are happy (with mediocrity - as I see it) then so be it. There is A limit to parts sharing. If one does not question, there is no betterment, no change. Maruti is not doing anybody any favours. They are in it just for the business, just like anybody else. As far as bringing desirability to the masses what other choice did India have apart from Ambassador and Premier Padmini. Hyundai entered in the late 90’s. It was just Maruti. One cannot compare products fifty years apart (Amby and Maruti). It could be argued that they succeeded, because there was nothing better. In the last 10-13 years they have lost around forty percent of the market. They had the complete market in till the middle and late nineties. So, the people had not much of a choice and when they had maruti lost market share. Just because they are successful does not mean they are competent. A star, Kizashi and Vitara were much better products than their success stories suggest. A star is go-kart like fun, but for young families. The error was the pricing, the rear bench space and the headlamps. Kizashi is a great car. Pricing and positioning destroyed it. They did not create an environment for it to succeed (read, separate show rooms, service centres, etc.) Honda has separate service centres for their higher end bikes and they are doing well, if you get what I mean. Vitara runs with the the 1.9 fiat diesel (DDIS) in Europe (Lived there for over ten years and have driven it). They never gave it a diesel heart in India. Had they done that, who knows what might have been? What is wrong in questioning who you respect? But I would like to end this reply to you by suggesting that being courteous is something which takes time to develop and age is on your side. I wish I was not the one to tell you this and not here. I thank you for replying to my post and giving me an opportunity to reply to a post. I guess parodies are way too much fun, if one likes play of words. Good luck dear one.

@ romeomidhun
In my view, your signature line needs to be changed to uncalled for aggression from refined aggression. I guess it is indeed difficult to get hold of oneself when one does not understand a simple post. IT is a PARODY – Kiss (Keep it simple s….d). Hope people around you are ok. Please read the post above. Typical of where the geography is the usage of the phrase “mind it”. Only Rajinikant can get away from it and you are not him, though from the same city. But you need to understand dear one that it is not correct for you to use such words on a public forum. Who are you to ask anybody to mind anything? To read your rights you have the power to question yourself, warn yourself and or threaten yourself. Do try and refrain from using such language and the read the post addressed to AYAN as it has a few commonalities with regard to you.

You have labelled me as being from a rival manufacturer. You belong to an IT field and 101 in IT is data mining? That is why some people look better from far before they has had a chance to speak. If you has looked into my membership page you would not be asking me this silly question. How typical of some that when a question is asked they call it arrogance (but the way let me remind you that it was a parody to begin with). What is the issue with authority that you have? Difficult to break free? I am asking you these things as you have entered into a forbidden space in a public forum (meaning etiquette and use of words) and due to which, whereby I am now replying to your post. These are again asked in good faith and no offense intended. The number of posts don’t matter, it is the quality of those posts that matter. A similar analogy would be that successful companies, products, hospitals, etc, need not necessarily mean COMPETENT.

I am sorry to tell you that and by now you should have been aware of the fact that the customer is not interested in the bottom line of the company whose products he is buying. Are you buying products thinking about what will happen to the company if you don’t buy? , OH, please give me a break. Who is interested in Maruti’s bottom line except its investors and shareholders? All customers are interested in their product and their interpretations of the product. The way you have viewed my post is acceptable and admissible, but not the language and some of its constituents. We can all post here in a civilised manner agreeing to disagree or agree in a beautiful, beatific manner. Our country and its people are known the world over for that. You can disagree, no problems at all and this forum is way to exchange ideas in a dignified manner respecting its space. A reputation can be earned and we are not difficult people as a nation. Just look around, we tolerate such politicians, difficulties, issues, etc. Hence, the weightage to any reputation needs to be measured. Going by this why is Maruti losing market share. Decade on decade?

Why does anybody spend so much of time, effort and resources on any issue? It is because it is close to them. I do not want Maruti to go bankrupt as that would lessen the competition. I do not want then to reach such a stage where in they make products like some other indigenous manufacturers, who are losing market share so fast that they may not survive to make it to the next product cycle. It was sacrilegious to speak about the ills of TATA a few years ago. Let us not find reasons. If there is something that can be bettered why not better it. If people do not become demanding then there is no reason for us getting world class products. We always get stripped down versions. I will end my reply to you with lots of love. Take care, good luck and God bless and please remember the earlier post was and is still a PARODY!!

To all – please forgive this long post, if it has caused you much and any grief. It is just a view point. It might be right or way off the mark. Thank you all, once again.
Doc Maanava is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 14:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

Well Doc, it seems that parodies and disclaimers are having the last laugh in your posts. But you're clearly miffed at people who didn't really take a liking to your precious parody.

Quote:
A parody (/ˈpærədi/; also called spoof, send-up or lampoon), in current use, is an imitative work created to comment on an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of satiric or ironic imitation.
While it's really commendable on your part to whip up a parody, I would like to point out that it's motive as well as substantial value was a bit lukewarm. As I see it, one needs to be aware of the "original work" to the hilt when constructing a quality parody . If you're intending to mock the parts sharing business strictly at MSIL, it comes across as a decent effort with cliched nationalist phrases and dry humour. But then the bigger picture suggests something else. Parts sharing is a common practise among car manufacturers and they rarely leave any stones unturned to see if it is causing a negative effect on consumers. Well, there are occasional instances when they might slip and err, but they end up paying for it as well. The subject isn't exactly parody material unless one suddenly starts to find visible Hyundai bits in the next Rolls-Royce.

Quote:
@ Ayan
I guess it a question of age when one emperor clothes oneself by asking what the other person what the hell he was smoking on a public forum. Dear One, I am smoking reality. While I regard your view point and find questioning my post absolutely correct as this is what forums are for, I am appalled at the degradation of etiquette on this forum. Questions can be asked in a polite, gentlemanly, civilised, manner and I find it disappointing that I have to be the one telling you such things at the age you are in (seen your profile) and in such a public forum. But somebody has to do the dirty business as some have not done it.
Well, thanks for the kind words, but how am I supposed to re-phrase that question that could supposedly be charming. I regard EVERYBODY in this forum as like minded company, and I don't mind in engaging in light, friendly banters once in a while. Let me tell you that my comment wasn't offensive in nature from my side at all, since I can see it touched quite the nerve there. And as far as being civilized and courteous goes from a national point of view, I can at least absorb your sentiments, while at least two out of three people around you on the road including cabbies, public transport operators, hoodlums are absolute uncivilized brutes to the core, and can actually kill you if the situation intensifies. That, my friend is a scary thought to live with in this country, thanks to the humongously crazy population issues.

Quote:
There is A limit to parts sharing. If one does not question, there is no betterment, no change. Maruti is not doing anybody any favours. They are in it just for the business, just like anybody else. As far as bringing desirability to the masses what other choice did India have apart from Ambassador and Premier Padmini. I guess parodies are way too much fun, if one likes play of words. Good luck dear one.
Of course, there is a limit. And all the manufacturers know that, and they're learning to hide it pretty well at that. While you might have mildly entertained the folks here, it still does not classify as a question of any positive nature. Oh, and by the way, he who envisioned everything should always demand a certain amount of respect isn't it? Over all these years MSIL have literally brainwashed Indians on the automobile and what to expect of it. They're responsible for associating mild amounts of mass hysteria to the car, best suited to the country's demographic. While, as a country, we were swimming in automotive nothingness, Maruti did something for the car culture in India that Toyota did in America. And as far as judging me on the basis of mediocrity, India is still a mediocre nation, and as a citizen, you should know what to expect in all fields, including automotive. It's all circumstantial. You can't expect the YL1 to touch uncharted territory as far as originality goes.

P.S. My sentiments might be foolhardy, but I do have the right to defend them. Any offence is certainly NOT regretted.
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 16:03   #60
BHPian

Absolutely brilliantly conceived and well written (post in my view) beginning with the first sentence. I had a good laugh. Thank you. I have made it very clear that i am not at all miffed with people taking pot shots or having a different view point, but with the way it is conveyed. I am again surprised that 'it is the means' was not conveyed. The original work was anshuman's write up..the first post of this thread. The parody was based on that.

As far as hyundai parts in another brand, it would be a matter of law and the respective companies will deal with it. Your point on traffic issues with regard to cabbies et al., as stated by you is absolutely right, but i find it to be an educational and attitude based issue as we have a possibility to address this issue in these areas.

Dearest Young Sir, i have not judged you on the basis of M. I said that the product was mediocre. If an individual's choice was to choose a product classified by some one else as mediocre, that would not make the indivudual mediocre. Thus, it is the same with you. I classified a viewpoint on a product, not the person behind the choice.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post of yours in its entirety. Thank you. Keep them coming. Good luck and take care.
Doc Maanava is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks