Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 23:20   #571
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Wow finally a maruti that looks good. This definitely took some time after some of the proper sedans from maruti - Esteem, Baleno.

Hope it gets a more powerful engine than the 1.3MJD.
Old 15th August 2014, 01:19   #572
BHPian

Rear looks identical to the Infiniti G35

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-infiniti.jpg
Old 15th August 2014, 01:38   #573
Team-BHP Support

Identical? Identical from which angle?

Looks as different as chalk and cheese to me- the Infiniti being nice cheese cake with grated cheese on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 15:04   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculated pricing from Gaadiwaadi,

Quote:
Maruti Ciaz could priced at Rs 7.95 lakh(Vdi) ,8.60 lakh (vdi+) & 9.55 lakhs (Zdi).Petrol version could be cheaper by 85000 to the Diesel .
Ciaz on video,

source:Gaadiwaadi

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th August 2014 at 15:17.
Old 15th August 2014, 17:03   #575
BHPian

I understand people being disappointed by the look if they compare it to the concept. But honestly Suzuki have a made quite a decent looking car. It definitely looks bigger than the city. I hope the Suzuki plastic quality has improved, i had the earlier generation swift and the plastic quality was really bad.
Old 15th August 2014, 21:34   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Just had a look on the HD video posted on Youtube of Ciaz at Manesar Factory. The cars surely looked premium and better than the posted pics.

Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 22:14   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Just had a look on the HD video posted on Youtube of Ciaz at Manesar Factory. The cars surely looked premium and better than the posted pics.
From the video two things I noted are the mid variant with steel wheels too get projector headlamps and the other being the front overhang is quite low.

Somehow feel this will pull some of the city customers as Honda has stopped production of city for mobilio.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th August 2014 at 23:14. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability for our mobile users.
Old 15th August 2014, 22:52   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Projector lights are available on all variants, including the lowermost variant.

Does anyone has any info on the earlier speculated puddle lamps??
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 07:48   #579
BHPian

Well, I for one haven't booked a City till now - was looking to book the VX CVT version but when I heard the wait time (4-5 months), I knew I just had to let go of this one - desperately need a new car before Diwali...preferably even before Dusshera! The Ciaz is my only hope for now since no other car was as spacious as the City - Verna interiors felt even more cramped than my current i20!
Old 16th August 2014, 12:04   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
The Ciaz is my only hope for now since no other car was as spacious as the City - Verna interiors felt even more cramped than my current i20!
Well, I understand that this is , but have you looked at the Nissan Sunny, since space is what you are looking for!!
Old 16th August 2014, 13:06   #581
RSR
Senior - BHPian

It's not fair to expect Maruti Suzuki to produce exactly the same car as shown at the Expo. It was only a design concept, and the production car was sure to have a toned down design instead of the drool worthy & stylish, yet impractical concept car.

The design of the actual car is pretty good, IMO. It's a clean, proportionate, inoffensive design with a few bits inspired by the Kizashi, and the overall looks of the car would definitely please many. The projector headlamps and good GC (from the pictures) are most welcome, as is the rear bumper that protrudes out enough to actually act as a bumper and provide protection to the sheet metal of the boot lid and the tail lamps. Overall, the car looks like a true successor to the grossly under-rated Baleno, which the cross-over inspired SX4 sedan was not.

If Maruti Suzuki are missing a trick, then it has got to be their stupid rigidity with the variants i.e. sticking to the usual V_i, V_i+ or V_i(O) and Z_i with airbags offered only on the top Z_i variants. Competitors like the segment leader City and others like the Sunny/Scala twins and the Fiesta offer a driver airbag and ABS even on the base variant. The Verna offers the same from the second variant onwards, with the top SX(O) featuring a segment-first 6 airbags, while the top diesel Sunny variant gets 4 airbags. Even the Rapid and Linea get 2 airbags and ABS on their mid and top variants. Only the Vento has a safety feature spread similar to the Ciaz (or worse), but I believe that is going to change with the upcoming facelifted version, if the Polo facelift is any indication.

By offering airbags only on the top variant, the Ciaz would soon be the odd man out in this company. I'm sorry, MSIL, but buyers who are looking at a C2 segment sedan are somewhat safety conscious, and expect a better safety feature spread across variants. A driver airbag should have been offered as standard across the range, if you ask me.

There is no doubt the Ciaz is going to be a smashing value-for-money offering with roomy interiors, for MSIL will surely play the value card to make up for the slightly lower capacity engines on offer. The vfm quotient would only go up by several notches if (at least) a driver airbag is added to the base and mid variants!
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 16:49   #582
Senior - BHPian

My wishlist from this car:
1. I hope this car doesn't Rattle. Almost all the Maruti cars rattle. Though the cars are built to last very long, its the rattles like Dash, seats etc make the experience turn sour, Especially for those who are spending 12-13 lakhs on this car.
2. It will be interesting to know the pricing since this segment is quite overcrowded yet we have some high volume sellers such as City and Verna. One need not worry about rest(vento+rapid+sunny+scala) So This maruti definitely needs to be at least a lakh cheaper than the city
3. Choice of engines. I think its well known by now and i am a bit sad that still Suzuki is only milking the same 1.3L engine from FIAT. Wish it came with 1.6L diesel. Now that diesel is getting closer to petrol, at least a punchier petrol and a very good Auto should still do the trick.

Hope the long waiting periods get divided between City and this new car and Hyundai will be in a great hurry to bring their Verna fluidic 2.0
Old 17th August 2014, 14:29   #583
Senior - BHPian

Really love the design so far especially the Peugeot 508-ish front and those tail-lights which incidentally weren't copied off of the City like everyone else thinks since this car has been in testing phase for much before the Honda. Equipment levels sound good too and I'm hoping that a popular car in MSI's line-up with sophisticated electronics, will mean that more of their technicians will be able to handle my Kizashi
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 21:52   #584
BHPian

To me, the rear looks like a mix of honda city 2004 (tail lamp design seem to be a straight rip off ) and the curve above the tail lamps resembles that of kizashi. It looks good and upmarket , although a double exhaust would have lent it a sportier look. Alas :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Maruti should have given the grill similar to the chinese Ciaz. It looks far more premium than what Maruti is giving us.

Attachment 1274208
Precisely thats what i felt . Even the kizashi was ruined by the average looking honeycomb grill and this ciaz has that typical sx4 front grill which is kind of pulling it down.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th August 2014 at 10:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 18th August 2014, 22:18   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Well, I for one haven't booked a City till now - was looking to book the VX CVT version but when I heard the wait time (4-5 months), I knew I just had to let go of this one - desperately need a new car before Diwali...preferably even before Dusshera! The Ciaz is my only hope for now since no other car was as spacious as the City - Verna interiors felt even more cramped than my current i20!
Vento TSI would be a good option for you, I believe. Space is not a problem as far as I have seen around. Of course, the technology is far superior than the CVT's of CITY and SUNNY.

Prem.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks