Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:33   #406
BHPian

re: Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Maruti if your reading - Get rid of that 1.3L DDiS engine if your planning to use it in this car. That engine is best for your hatches and not a sedan. Come On and get the 1.6 MJD for the YL1/Ciaz.
Anurag.
It would be very cost prohibitive for Maruti to plug in 1.6MJD to Alivio. Until or unless FIAT decides to bring in 1.6MJD for Linea and starts a local production, Maruti will stick to 1.3DDIS. With FIAT continuing with 1.3 for its Linea, I don`t see this happening for atleast next 1 year.
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:37   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
With FIAT continuing with 1.3 for its Linea, I don`t see this happening for atleast next 1 year.
As reported by ACI, Maruti will release the S Cross with the 1.6 MJD variant in early 2015.
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:16   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ciaz's tail lamp design was seen much before the New City was unveiled.
I am not saying that Honda City is the pioneer for that design but just saying that both look similar and we saw this design first in the 'SCOOP' thread of the YL1/Ciaz by MOD .anshuman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
It would be very cost prohibitive for Maruti to plug in 1.6MJD to Alivio. Until or unless FIAT decides to bring in 1.6MJD for Linea and starts a local production, Maruti will stick to 1.3DDIS. With FIAT continuing with 1.3 for its Linea.
The 1.6 MJD is coming in the S-Cross as told by Autocar Editor in his exclusive drive of the S-Cross. I am pretty sure Fiat will give this engine the way they did with the 1.3 MJD as Maruti will get them the money. Poor Fiat cars are not selling the way they should and all revenue is generated by Maruti (Ritz, Swift, Dzire, SX4 and Ertiga) and somewhat by Tata (Vista and Manza).

It is high time this 1.3 MJD is left for the B-segment category as that specifications are best for hatches. Sedans need a better engine to tackle competition.

> Isn't Hyundai Verna loaded with features and has a powerful engine selling well?

> Isn't Honda City loaded with features and has a decently powerful engine selling well?

So when Hyundai and Honda can do it why can't Maruti do it? I am pretty sure cost cutting and part sharing will be compulsory to keep things under control.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2014 at 17:19.
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:18   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some similarities/design cues I found near of:

Front:

a) Ritz + Ertiga - Grille and air dam
b) Kizashi - Headlight design
c) Hyundai i20 - Fog lamp

Rear:

a) New Honda City - Tail lamp design
b) New Elantra and Honda City - Whole rear end.

Anurag.
One more to add: The design of the lower portion of the headlight is a straight lift from the Civic.
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:20   #410
BHPian

The production version looks good and it will be much better in darker shades to highlight the Chrome.
Old 2nd May 2014, 18:51   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As reported by ACI, Maruti will release the S Cross with the 1.6 MJD variant in early 2015.
The engine being tested is not Multijet, Details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...el-engine.html
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:20   #412
Senior - BHPian

Wow. I cannot believe how similar the rear is to the Honda City. Since this was revealed first, i guess its Honda who copied the Ciaz. It will be interesting to see if people can make out the difference between the 2 when they see the 2 of them on the roads.

I really don't see this car taking the throne from Honda and it will simply eat into the pie with a reasonable sized share.
Old 3rd May 2014, 00:44   #413
Team-BHP Support

Ciaz- 4,545mm * 1,730mm * 1,475mm

City- 4,440mm * 1,695mm * 1,495mm

Suzuki has the Honda beaten in terms of both length and width. Infact, at 4540mm the current generation Corolla Altis was 25mm shorter in length than the Ciaz.

Remains to be seen if they can translate this to better interior space though!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd May 2014 at 01:00.
Old 3rd May 2014, 01:05   #414
BHPian

Quote:

The 1.6 MJD is coming in the S-Cross as told by Autocar Editor in his exclusive drive of the S-Cross. I am pretty sure Fiat will give this engine the way they did with the 1.3 MJD as Maruti will get them the money. Poor Fiat cars are not selling the way they should and all revenue is generated by Maruti (Ritz, Swift, Dzire, SX4 and Ertiga) and somewhat by Tata (Vista and Manza).

It is high time this 1.3 MJD is left for the B-segment category as that specifications are best for hatches. Sedans need a better engine to tackle competition.

> Isn't Hyundai Verna loaded with features and has a powerful engine selling well?

> Isn't Honda City loaded with features and has a decently powerful engine selling well?

So when Hyundai and Honda can do it why can't Maruti do it? I am pretty sure cost cutting and part sharing will be compulsory to keep things under control.

Anurag.
Honda's diesel, though bigger than the 1.3 mjd, has performance specs that are no better, and is pretty grossly unrefined to boot. The verna has a rocket diesel engine driving a chassis and suspension that cannot begin to do it justice.

Suzuki makes good sedans: in fact, their sedans and SUVs are a good deal better than the budget hatchboxes they are known for in India. The Baleno, the Kizashi, the Samurai, the Jimny, the Vitara, the SX4 crossover.

I have no doubt the Ciaz will, small engine or not, be a vastly better engineered and designed car than the verna and city. May not be as good as the linea, fiesta or vento/rapid but better than the almost fraudulent 'sedans' currently ruling the roost in this segment.

Fiat and Suzuki are old collaborators, not just in India but also in Europe. The 1.5/1.6 mjd will come soon enough, thanks to the numbers Maruti will need. And: do not be surprised to discover Fiat buying a notable ownership chunk in Suzuki globally sometime in the next year!
desdemona is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 06:53   #415
BHPian

A 1.5/1.6 under the hood and Maruti shall have the customers of this segment (my family included) in a sure shot fix! This is surely going to eat into the City's & Verna's pie considerably.
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:17   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post

Honda's diesel, though bigger than the 1.3 mjd, has performance specs that are no better, and is pretty grossly unrefined to boot.
Just going by figures:

1.3 MJD - 75PS & 190Nm
1.5 i-DTEC - 100PS & 200Nm

What I want to say here is the i-DTEC is not a fire breather but an overall better spec engine.

Let's not forget the 1.3MJD when launched was not so refined when it was launched. The refinement, improvements etc came in the later stages of evolution. The current generation Swift engine is the most refined lot when compared to the older Swift's from time it was launched.

So isn't that what Honda to will also do? I don't expect any manufacturer to strike gold on the very first dig, so give the i-DTEC another launch/update where the faults etc will be levelled out.

Any engine manufactured and launched (V1) will be rough, high on NVH but the later stages (V2) and (V3) will be much better to in NVH, drive ability. Give them some time. I have full faith and belief on Honda.

Quote:
The verna has a rocket diesel engine driving a chassis and suspension that cannot begin to do it justice.
I know ALL Hyundai cars are infested with a boat-like behaviour and to be frank the non-informed section of Mars don't bother with driving dynamics, chassis flex, body roll. Look at the features, engine+transmission options vis-a-vis OTR and compare the same with other manufacturers.

Quote:
And: do not be surprised to discover Fiat buying a notable ownership chunk in Suzuki globally sometime in the next year!
Wasn't there a conflict going (not in India though) on already in courts where Suzuki is asking VW to release those shares that VW bought as the deal went sour? No idea if there is a thought of the JV between VW and Suzuki is brewing again.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd May 2014 at 09:20.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 11:18   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

CIAZ completes trial production at Manesar,speculations on 2 engine variants at launch- the K-Series 1.4-litre petrol engine,a higher power (90HP) version of the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine.

Quote:
A more powerful 1.6-litre diesel engine variant may also be launched later to compete more aggressively with rivals.
Quote:
'Ciaz' that is expected to be launched in the July-September quarter this year, ahead of the festive season.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...season/1246187
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:23   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Just going by figures:

1.3 MJD - 75PS & 190Nm
1.5 i-DTEC - 100PS & 200Nm

Anurag.
HI Anurag
Regarding the 1.3 DDIS, 75 PS is for the FGT. The VGT is around 90PS. It is the VGT which is used in Ertiga and SX4 so naturally it will be the VGT which will be made available in the case of Ciaz
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:29   #419
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel that the car in production version from Chinese magazine is larger than the one posted by anshuman in the initial post. Anyone?
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:30   #420
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
HI Anurag
Regarding the 1.3 DDIS, 75 PS is for the FGT. The VGT is around 90PS. It is the VGT which is used in Ertiga and SX4 so naturally it will be the VGT which will be made available in the case of Ciaz
I agree that the 90PS (VGT) is coming for the Ciaz but I feel this car needs better performance figures.

My only grouse is why not a larger displacement engine with higher performance figures from the Ciaz segment that can be used for the S-Cross and for the Ertiga also. Let the 1.3 MJD on the whole be left for the hatchback segment.

Anurag.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks