BHPian

Where will they position it? :/
Old 14th August 2013, 09:34   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Where will they position it? :/
WagonR Stingray, a premium version than the current model sold here, more upmarket offering with modern styling, sporty looks and more features and thus attracting the younger generation. This launch expected to be ~30-40k than the current model would ensure that the WagonR sales would not be eroded thus defending the 12k+ sales / month.

Cheers!
Old 14th August 2013, 10:02   #153
BHPian

I doubt if the current model will survive the Sting very well. 30-40k premium for a better design and more features, should be more than enough to get the buyers. People who were otherwise going for the WagonR Vxi, may settle for the StingRay Lxi, don't you think?
Old 15th August 2013, 21:35   #154
Senior - BHPian

Source: http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...eatures-price/

New StinGray pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-500x300xmarutiwagonrstingrayside.jpg.pagespeed.ic._whhe42hhz.jpg  

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-500x375xmarutiwagonrstingray.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jxvga2dme.jpg  

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-500x375xmarutiwagonrstingrayrear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.goipi97fav.jpg  

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-500x375xmarutiwagonrstingraywheels.jpg.pagespeed.ic.l8kacgxzui.jpg  

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-marutiwagonrstingrayfront.jpg  

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-marutiwagonrstingrayprojectors.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 21:45   #155
ADH

While many members have suggested that Stingray will be launched at a 'premium' to present Wagon R, IMO Maruti is likely to launch the new Stingray at almost same prices as present model, and at the same time 'cut' the prices of existing models which are already available on good official discounts.
ADH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 21:52   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Now I seriously doubt this will exist along with the current WagonR. Reasons:

1. There seems to be variants Lx, Lxi, Vxi and Vxi ABS. Hence, our assumption that this will be an additional variant is not true. How can two technically similar, almost identical cars be sold together?

2. Just like how Zen became zen estilo, this looks like WagonR becoming Stingray WagonR.

The GM of a dealership told it will be just a variant above Vxi. It looks like he wasnt right either. Let me get back in touch with him and confirm.
Old 15th August 2013, 21:57   #157
BHPian

This Stingray is quite a disappointment compared to the original JDM one.
  • No real changes to the interiors
  • No flat floor
  • Same tailgate as the current WagonR
  • Tail lights look like a cheap copy of the JDM Stingray
  • No AT or diesel option

Hopefully Maruti will offer some new colors and not offer the same color options as the regular WagonR.No beige please

Last edited by Marauder : 15th August 2013 at 22:01.
Old 15th August 2013, 21:58   #158
Team-BHP Support

It looks like there is no automatic option. That's a serious missed opportunity. The Grand i10 also has an AT option which means Hyundai now have the i10 AT, Grand i10 AT, i20 AT options whereas Maruti is trying to flog the flop A-star AT and the atrociously priced Ritz AT.

An AT could have been the Stingray's USP. If you want AT get the Stingray. A regular buyer will find it difficult to justify the extra price for the Stingray (i.e. if they price it higher) since he is effectively getting the same package.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 23:16   #159
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It looks like there is no automatic option. That's a serious missed opportunity. The Grand i10 also has an AT option which means Hyundai now have the i10 AT, Grand i10 AT, i20 AT options whereas Maruti is trying to flog the flop A-star AT and the atrociously priced Ritz AT.

An AT could have been the Stingray's USP. If you want AT get the Stingray. A regular buyer will find it difficult to justify the extra price for the Stingray (i.e. if they price it higher) since he is effectively getting the same package.
I agree completely!

Maruti Suzuki simply do not know how to take advantage of their automatic gearboxes, though they were the first to introduce automatic hatchbacks in the country.

The K10B engine and its 4-speed auto box would make so much more sense in the spacious, practical Wagon R than the sporty (and cramped) A-Star. The A-Star can become more focused on its sporty nature if they offer a 2 door version with fatter tyres, like the erstwhile Zen Carbon & Steel.

The Ritz AT does make great sense, but it's priced very high compared to its competitors such as the Brio, i10 and now Micra which are all much better equipped for about the same price.
Old 16th August 2013, 08:24   #160
Senior - BHPian

If there is no AT offering, then that is a real bummer. I don't see the point for this car coming on the back of a very recent facelift without AT. And It couldn't get much easier than this for Maruti. The have both handy, the powertrain and a car that can accommodate it. So, I will keep my hopes alive.

The gap between the grille and the bumper looks poor. It is a snug fit in the JDM one and looks much smarter. Will refrain from commenting about the transparent grille till I see one in person. I love the clamshell bonnet though.
Old 16th August 2013, 09:14   #161
Senior - BHPian

What about the gap between the headlight and the front bumper? It seems the bumper does not follow the contours of the headlight. Looks cheap.
Old 16th August 2013, 09:46   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

The gap between the grille and the bumper looks poor. It is a snug fit in the JDM one and looks much smarter. Will refrain from commenting about the transparent grille till I see one in person. I love the clamshell bonnet though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What about the gap between the headlight and the front bumper? It seems the bumper does not follow the contours of the headlight. Looks cheap.
I noticed that gap and I'm pretty sure as to why it's there. The reason is the solid chrome/transparent grill. Since the grill has no air flow they added that horrible slat for air to enter. Remember in Japan there will be no water logging so the air intake can be set lower where the bumper grill is but for India, the air intake needs to be higher so the need of that slat.

Yes it completely kills the look of the Stingray vs the JDM that looks cool being flush. They could have added a hood scoop instead of that hole in the middle.
Old 16th August 2013, 10:06   #163
Senior - BHPian

Seems to me whatever MSIL brings into the market (however bad the design is), they know it will sell and it does and that makes them bring models like this and the new Alto 800.
This car looks outright bad compared to the old WagonR which is a good looker. Maybe photos do not do justice, we have to wait and watch.
The front is a Safari Storme and the rest of it the present Wagon R.

Get us some power/budget cars MSIL, since you already have the masses covered.

Regards
Old 16th August 2013, 10:58   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I noticed that gap and I'm pretty sure as to why it's there. The reason is the solid chrome/transparent grill. Since the grill has no air flow they added that horrible slat for air to enter. Remember in Japan there will be no water logging so the air intake can be set lower where the bumper grill is but for India, the air intake needs to be higher so the need of that slat.

Yes it completely kills the look of the Stingray vs the JDM that looks cool being flush. They could have added a hood scoop instead of that hole in the middle.
Are you sure about this? I thought modern cars breathe through the air dam. And grille is just a cosmetic thing. The A-star for that matter don't even have a grille but an extended air dam.

And the WagonR is a tall car, where is air dam sits relatively high. Could this be the result of some stupid bean counting?
Old 16th August 2013, 14:45   #165
Senior - BHPian

WagonR Stingray - More pictures emerge

Motorbeam.com has snapped the Maruti WagonR Stingray, leaving nothing apart from the interiors to imagination. Speculations insist that this car will be launched on August 20, 2013.

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-marutiwagonrstingray.jpg

From the pics, it is clear that the vehicle has reached the dealer stockyard. The Stingray is expected to be launched with features such as ABS, driver side airbag, steering mounted controls, electrically adjustable ORVMs and projector headlights.

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-marutiwagonrstingrayside.jpg

The 1 liter-3 cylinder K-Series petrol engine will be retained on the Sting Ray. On the WagonR, this motor comes with power and torque outputs of 67 BHP and 90 Nm respectively. This motor is mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox as standard. Currently, Maruti Suzuki doesn't offer an automatic gearbox option on the India-spec WagonR, although the international versions do get an option of a CVT automatic.

Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-marutiwagonrstingrayrear.jpg

Note the steering mounted controls:
Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs-marutiwagonrstingrayinteriors.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2013 at 14:53.
parrys is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks