Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 17:39   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Slightly old news - Mods please delete post, if already discussed

The new TATA Xenon XT ranks 2nd amongst pick-up trucks in South-Africa as rated by Bakki & Truck magazine!
Thank you for sharing this news. Xenon is one of my favourite SUVs and it is glad to see that Tata came second battling lot of giants in an international market.

I remember seeing a black edition of Xenon in one of the threads - wonder why Tata did not even show it in the expo - it was such an eye catcher for sure.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 18:11   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
South Africa does not have the Tata-bashing baggage/heritage. Bakkies are all-purpose vehicles there, even used as an executive class vehicle with all the bells and whistles. It takes a lot to be top bakkie in SA.
It also helps if you actually market the vehicle. You cannot even get a test drive of the Xenon in India.
Australia and South Africa have a good ecosystem of after market rear lids, rear canopy etc., for such vehicles, but Tata chooses to totally ignore this vehicle.
Old 7th May 2014, 21:19   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It also helps if you actually market the vehicle. You cannot even get a test drive of the Xenon in India.
Australia and South Africa have a good ecosystem of after market rear lids, rear canopy etc., for such vehicles, but Tata chooses to totally ignore this vehicle.
Tanveer, I did the TD of Xenon 3.0 4x2 in Samrala Dist LDH at Dada Motors and Punjab is going crazy of double cabin pickups.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 22:16   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Tanveer, I did the TD of Xenon 3.0 4x2 in Samrala Dist LDH at Dada Motors and Punjab is going crazy of double cabin pickups.
That is not the Xenon. The 3.0 liter is a more basic vehicle. I think you cannot even register the double cab as white board due to the load capacity.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 18:13   #230
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Motors website still does not list the Movus, and details available are sparse. Indianautosblog have managed to click a few pictures of the vehicle:

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-image.jpg

More images are available here.

Starting at a price of ~ 7 lac ex-showroom, with only two lower variants CX & LX and available only in the colours white & silver, Tata Motors leave no doubts about the target audience of the Movus. I wonder if higher variants with more features would follow later (the two variants don't even get body-coloured bumpers now), in order to make the Movus a replacement for the Grande.
Old 8th May 2014, 19:48   #231
BHPian

My big problem with Tata is their speed or more appropriately lack of it.

Simply too late to market, which is followed by no support in terms of marketing (website is poor, sales people have very little correct info). Tata's PV division needs to learn a trick or two from its own CV division and also from other manufacturers like Honda, Hyundai, Maruti etc. Surely this isn't rocket science and any trainee with a working brain within TaMo should have figured this out by now. I cant believe how far downhill they have gone. Come on TaMo - Wake up!
prashanthyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:40   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

What exactly has changed in the Movus? And is the grande still on sale along with this? Wouldn't it add to confusion on the dealership floor? In addition to all the variants, you now have 2 models that look exactly the same? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Quote:
That is not the Xenon. The 3.0 liter is a more basic vehicle. I think you cannot even register the double cab as white board due to the load capacity.
Even I had a test drive of the 3.0. But ask them about the Xenon and you will get a stare that will make you retrospect and eventually drop the idea!

OTOH, the SA was confident, it can be registered as a white plate in HR 26.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 9th May 2014 at 10:44.
Old 9th May 2014, 14:33   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The Tata Motors website still does not list the Movus, and details available are sparse. Indianautosblog have managed to click a few pictures of the vehicle:

Attachment 1238533

More images are available here.

Starting at a price of ~ 7 lac ex-showroom, with only two lower variants CX & LX and available only in the colours white & silver, Tata Motors leave no doubts about the target audience of the Movus. I wonder if higher variants with more features would follow later (the two variants don't even get body-coloured bumpers now), in order to make the Movus a replacement for the Grande.
TATA still couldn't get it right with the MOVUS, atleast get a better name for the vehicle!

The shape of the body, small tyres and top it up with a marketing department that doesn't know its products and the segment it wants to target.

Sorry state of affairs at TATA.
Old 29th May 2014, 00:15   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tsk

Could you let me know the difference between the 3.0 ltr and the Xenon. Just asking as its kind of very confusing.

What i thought was that any Tata with a trailer was a Xenon. Sorry for my ignorance but thats Tata Marketing bucks at work!

Also could you let me know which can be registered as a pvt vehicle and which cant?

Thanks in advance but this would solve my ever lasting doubts in this category!

Maddy
Old 13th June 2014, 20:40   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hi Tsk

Could you let me know the difference between the 3.0 ltr and the Xenon. Just asking as its kind of very confusing.

What i thought was that any Tata with a trailer was a Xenon. Sorry for my ignorance but thats Tata Marketing bucks at work!

Also could you let me know which can be registered as a pvt vehicle and which cant?

Thanks in advance but this would solve my ever lasting doubts in this category!

Maddy
The one with 2.2 Ltr Dicor Engine (same as in Safari/Aria) is called XENON XT. This comes in BS3 and BS4 versions and can be registered as a private vehicle.

The other one is called simply XENON. and comes with 3.0 Ltr CR4 Engine. This one available only in BS3 version hence can not be registered in some cities. This one comes with different kind of loading bays, like flat and curved. Much cheaper than XENON XT. Again private registration, I am not sure.
mittal_v2002 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 02:38   #236
BHPian

Quote:
"HorizonNext is a great concept and we won't move away from it. We are taking it to the next level and that means bringing in more organisational efficiency and bringing in technology that will make our products stand out amongst competitors. We also want things to be simpler, faster and more flexible, so that we can adapt to the changing needs of the consumer."

"Tata Motors was on a 'creative' break but we are all set to make heads turn, yet again"
Seems like the HORIZONNEXT is going through a major revamp

CNB article

Last edited by johannskaria : 12th April 2016 at 02:47.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 22:35   #237
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few pics from January 2015 for archiving on the Tata Movus page

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_154939.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_154955.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_155004.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_155031.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_155044.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_155051.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_155105.jpg

Tata Motors announces Horizonext with 8 simultaneous facelift launches-20150112_155218.jpg
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks