Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 07:30   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
VW did it with its Polo and 1.6 engine.

Maruti could use the 1.6 from the SX4 and do a heart transplant with the Swift in limited edition to make it a sought after car, with the robust Maruti network of MASS.
The 1.6L petrol can be used but they will need a 1.6L to compete too.

1.6L petrol will go ahead majorly with the 1.2TSI and the 1.6L MJD will go head on with 1.6 TDI. But the catch I see here is that Maruti will have to pay royalty for every engine used juat like they do for the 1.3 DDiS or the other alternative is Maruti Suzuki get their own engines so no royalty and lesser manugacturing costs.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 11:43   #92
BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

As far as my knowledge goes, Maruti is scrapping the SX4 petrol engine in the favor of the new 1.4 petrol seen in the Ertiga which is also expected to do duty in the new Honda City competitor.
Old 18th February 2014, 14:32   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AMT could be for petrol variants mostly if I am not wrong.
Zest (Diesel) from TATA is speculated to have the AMT. when launched.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 17:35   #94
BHPian

Some updates on the 2014 Swift/Dzire

Quote:
The overall design of the new Swift will be identical to the existing model. However, the car will have a new front fascia with new L-shaped LEDs, revised fog lamps and bumper with silver detailing. The top-of-the-line variant will have 16-inch alloys, while the non-alloy wheel variants will be equipeed with new wheel covers. The stop-lamp too will be redesigned. The top-end variant of the car might also come in new Boost Blue mettalic shade.

Interiors too will resemble to the existing model. Changes that are expected insde the cabin are new blue and grey lined seat fabric, auto-up touch function for the front passenger's window, electronically adjustable side view mirrors, automatic headlamps and start-stop button.

The above mentioned changes might also be seen in the Swift Dzire, since both the cars share nearly everything, except the boot. Mechanically, both the cars will remain unchanged. They will continue to come with a 1.3-litre multiet diesel and 1.2-litre K-Series petrol mills.

Source : NDTV.com
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/updated-ma...from=home-auto
Old 14th May 2014, 18:42   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

2014 Maruti Suzuki Swift facelift to be launched in India by July this year.

http://overdrive.in/news/exclusive-2...uly-this-year/
Old 14th May 2014, 20:07   #96
BHPian

One of the many reports says an AMT swift is also expected. Don't think it will be so soon, though.
However, the dealers deny any knowledge of the facelift. Tried wriggling info from Apra and Pasco in Gurgaon, but of no avail. They keep saying an updated SX4 is awaited, and dont even say Ciaz. Weird.
Old 14th May 2014, 20:15   #97
BHPian

The Overdrive report says prices for the facelifted Swift will be increased. I am not sure by how much it will increase. The current top-end ZXI is almost 6 lacs ex-showroom. If there is a increase of about 50k, then the onroad price will be aprox. 7.5 lacs.

I am looking to replace my ageing car and looking at ZXI because it comes with airbags and ABS. However, now I am wondering if Swift at approx. 7.5 lacs is really worth it. I am looking for a petrol car that is driver friendly with safety features and good boot space. I am thinking I can compromise on boot space for the Swift's driver-friendy nature, but it seems I have to reevaluate my options.
Old 15th May 2014, 00:37   #98
BHPian

Is that a face-lift? Really! It's the same car with drls! Imo drls aren't really required in india because it's mostly bright and sunny offering great visibility for everyone! Drls are mandatory in certain countries because their weather conditions severely impact visibility of vehicles for other vehicles & pedestrians. Maruti should focus on re-launching the Swift with added / improved safety features instead! How about bettering the safety standards to a 5-star Euro-NCAP rating!? It's about time car manufacturers realize that a face-lift version of any car HAS to HAVE improved safety features and not just irrelevant cosmetic additions!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 01:33   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post

Maruti should focus on re-launching the Swift with added / improved safety features instead!

How about bettering the safety standards to a 5-star Euro-NCAP rating!? It's about time car manufacturers realize that a face-lift version of any car HAS to HAVE improved safety features and not just irrelevant cosmetic additions!
This is India my dear, overall cost and FE count with full preference only after that safety etc come into picture. The VDi/VXi variant sells now than ZDi/ZXi variant. People should realise the need of safety features in a car and drive around responsibly.

"Kitna deti hai?!" is the main question always.

Anurag.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:43   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is India my dear, overall cost and FE count with full preference only after that safety etc come into picture. The VDi/VXi variant sells now than ZDi/ZXi variant. People should realise the need of safety features in a car and drive around responsibly.

"Kitna deti hai?!" is the main question always.

Anurag.
At a time when Europe is considering making ABS mandatory even for two wheelers, we are still to do it for cars! Sorry, but I don't subscribe to this view that 'Janta' is the one one that should mandate these matters. By that logic, if you ask the 'Janta' if they would prefer 20-25K off the cost a new car without any emission controls, they would gladly go for it! Then why did the govt have to enforce emission norms?
IMHO, road safety is as important a matter if not more. It cost peoples lives. Its high time, the govt sits up and takes notice of road safety and makes it mandatory for car manufacturers to provide two airbags + ABS/ EBD at the very least. I would go as far as to include ESP in the package. I fail to understand, if there a well developed technology available in the world since a decade or more, that can save thousands of lives wasted away on our roads, then why don't we enforce it in India? Any good reason apart from the cliched 'kitna deti hai' or 'people are not asking for it'?
As the team-bhp logo goes, 'Live to Drive'!

Last edited by rednikhil : 15th May 2014 at 13:56. Reason: addition
rednikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 13:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
It's about time car manufacturers realize that a face-lift version of any car HAS to HAVE improved safety features and not just irrelevant cosmetic additions!
My friend, that's why they call it a mere "facelift". It's about making improvements in the looks, not the mechanicals.

On a serious note, I wish they had improved the brakes of the existing car. In the current models, only the top end variant has better brakes and this is a good opportunity for them to fix that issue with lower variants.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:47   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
At a time when Europe is considering making ABS mandatory even for two wheelers, we are still to do it for cars! Sorry, but I don't subscribe to this view that 'Janta' is the one one that should mandate these matters. By that logic, if you ask the 'Janta' if they would prefer 20-25K off the cost a new car without any emission controls, they would gladly go for it! Then why did the govt have to enforce emission norms?
IMHO, road safety is as important a matter if not more. It cost peoples lives. Its high time, the govt sits up and takes notice of road safety and makes it mandatory for car manufacturers to provide two airbags + ABS/ EBD at the very least. I would go as far as to include ESP in the package. I fail to understand, if there a well developed technology available in the world since a decade or more, that can save thousands of lives wasted away on our roads, then why don't we enforce it in India? Any good reason apart from the cliched 'kitna deti hai' or 'people are not asking for it'?

I completely agree with you on this, its the government which should enforce this and then people will have no other option. We should look beyond gizmos and start appreciating safety more than anything else.
bruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 15:04   #103
BHPian

This looks like another cheap gig to garner publicity. These days 'facelift' means a small change in the design and nothing more. I just wish manufacturers become a bit more serious with their usage of the word by itself. That aside, i like the blue accent on the console. Likey likey.
As many others and even myself have said earlier that safety should be given paramount importance by the car manufacturers. That one move can save a lot of lives.
Old 15th May 2014, 18:43   #104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Sorry, but I don't subscribe to this view that 'Janta' is the one one that should mandate these matters. It cost peoples lives. Its high time, the govt sits up and takes notice of road safety and makes it mandatory for car manufacturers to provide two airbags + ABS/ EBD at the very least.
Sorry but looks like you have been offended by my post. I never blamed the common man totally in my post. I am holding the government and the public equally responsible. All I want to say is if the public can buy and is ready for the safety features in a car why aren't sales of the top-end variants increasing?

One cannot clap with one hand, two are needed for a clap. So one hand here is the government and the other hand is public.
Old 15th May 2014, 22:19   #105
BHPian

I hope Maruti launches a model above ZXI with ESP and rear disks. **sigh** but if anyone can, Maruti it is. They have always been at the forefront of both "cool" and "safe", without enforced regulations.

Slightly OT, but A4anurag, I agree with you. Of course, I blame the public. It clearly "mentions" safety features/ safety pack etc in the brochures and all literature. Can't they read? Of course they can. Do they care? Of course too many people don't. And if ABS is made mandatory by law, car makers will launch a trim with ABS and without airbags. and being slightly cheaper, that trim will sell well. Not money saved though- that part of the budget gets spent in, more often than not, upholstery, upsized tyres and blingy alloys. As I said, *sigh*
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks