Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2015, 23:22   #361
BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
@nuke, the redline should be indicate on the tachometer of your car itself. Since the change is only in tuning/mapping for fuel efficiency and not in engine dimensions or material, the redline should remain unchanged.
The redline marking seems to be at 6300rpm - which is why I asked. I'll get a pic in the morning but it seems to be exactly like in this picture from a prefacelift swift here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...806_182812.jpg
from this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-zxi.html
The official review states that rev limit is 6400 rpm which is why I'm a little curious
Old 2nd January 2015, 09:15   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
One look at the Head lamp, you can see huge panel gaps. Has the standard of MSL come down?
Can't wait for the day when MSIL (and others) advertise panel gaps as a summer feature. "The car is equipped with shape-shifting technology and the panel gaps shut tighter in the Indian summer by expanding the metallic surface when it's hot outside. This also allows better cooling when driving on highway."

or some funky ad like that.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:55   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Wow! Thank you Sheldon! Your click is going to be a decision maker for me

I'm booking a violet ZXI right away, tomorrow morning. Got quotes from two different branches of the same dealer, zero discounts since this is a new model. However, when I asked for a test drive, he showed me a pre facelift version and said it's almost the same

The costs for extended warranty have not been communicated by MSIL, as per the SA. Pre facelift vehicles get a discount of Rs 25000, which makes the older ZXI a whole 50K INR cheaper.
Congrats on the booking, just curious why did they charge 1000 for the IND no. plate, it's supposed to be put by the RTO.
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:39   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Congrats on the booking, just curious why did they charge 1000 for the IND no. plate, it's supposed to be put by the RTO.
Ajit,

Thank you. Din't go with the swift, just got a verna 1.4 CX delivered! Had just too much of a confusion and zeroed upon! (Yes, had to choose between an orange and an apple). Primary reason was, no dealer was ready to reduce a single penny on the already overpriced ZXI variant, and the reason they say is, it's a *brand new model*

And for your question, I had the same doubt and from what I understood from the SA, it's not the high security number plate, but just a number plate with IND written in a blue background on the left corner. Not sure, didn't follow it up very seriously.

And I guess, the high security number plates have not yet been strictly enforced in TN. My verna came with an usual old school number plate. I didn't care to ask about the number plate at all!
Old 6th January 2015, 07:47   #365
BHPian

Got my Swift Zxi - Pearl Metallic Arctic White delivered yesterday. It is a November 2014 manufactured vehicle. Awaiting to register the vehicle by this month end. Will soon post the pics and the initial ownership report.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 15:44   #366
Senior - BHPian

Swift Windsong Limited Edition is here

Maruti is known for the plethora of "limited editions" it introduces time and again. These models are supposed to add some spice to the existing line up of cars with the sticker jobs and additional kit on offer.

Recently, Maruti introduced a limited edition of its popular hatchback called the Swift Windsong. Based on the regular 'V' trim, the base price of the Windsong edition is actually lesser than the regular 'V' trim variants but comes with additional kit at an added cost.

Exteriors of the Windsong edition include body graphics all around the car. Mud flaps and a rear spoiler are standard too. Maruti has added parking sensors on the rear bumper.

On the inside, the seats are wrapped in black seat covers with yellow borders. The same theme is carried on the steering and gear lever. The illuminated door sills with 'Swift' badge, illuminated footwells and PVC floor mats are added too.

A Sony touchscreen music system with 4 speakers is included in the Windsong edition. This unit supports CD/DVD/VCD, USB, AUX-in, bluetooth and external mic. It also doubles up as a rear parking display.

The remaining equipment list remains the same as the 'V' spec Swift. Do note that this edition is available in Arctic White colour only.

Ex-showroom Delhi prices of the Swift Windsong edition are:
VDI - Rs. 6,10,246 (Rs. 14,351 cheaper than the standard VDI)
VXI - Rs. 5,14,973 (Rs. 11,350 cheaper than the standard VXI)
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-swift-windsong1.png  

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-swift-windsong2.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2015 at 10:48. Reason: As requested
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 15:56   #367
Senior - BHPian

Cheesiness level = 10000.

Maruti must be employing some top notch designers. That is a given. But alas, their design benchmarks must belong to some other galaxy. That has to be a given too.

Limited editions by Maruti give a whole new meaning to Cheesigns!

FAIL. Again.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 16:19   #368
BHPian

I like the touch screen stereo on this but don't like anything else. That said for the extra money, one can buy better stereo.
I don't think anybody would prefer graphics like this in a brand new car. :(
Old 27th January 2015, 16:31   #369
Senior - BHPian

The good thing is, despite many limited editions by Maruti, I haven't spotted a single Swift limited edition. Hopefully Maruti learns from this and stops such 'limited edition' launches in future.
Old 27th January 2015, 16:34   #370
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Sigh! When will Maruti Suzuki (and to a lesser extent, other manufacturers) give up the idea of silly "limited editions" such as these? The feature-rich music system and rear parking sensors are the only meaningful additions on this one. The less said about those gaudy graphics, the better!

I would appreciate such limited editions if Maruti Suzuki can come up with a "safety edition" with 2 airbags & ABS on the L & V variants. Even if it is limited to 5000 units, the speed at which they will be lapped up may give them the idea that customers do welcome safety features on the lower & middle variants. I know this would turn out to be an empty hope of mine.

Last edited by RSR : 27th January 2015 at 16:39.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 16:44   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The less said about those gaudy graphics, the better!
I do not agree with you here. We must not say less about these gaudy graphics. In fact, we must shout out loud against defacing a good looking product. I mean they can do whatever they want with the Omnis and Ecos but not with Swift.

Quote:
I would appreciate such limited editions if Maruti Suzuki can come up with a "safety edition" with 2 airbags & ABS on the L & V variants. Even if it is limited to 5000 units, the speed at which they will be lapped up may give them the idea that customers do welcome safety features on the lower & middle variants. I know this may just turn out to be an empty hope of mine.
These are just empty hopes of all of us. In addition, I would hope for a limited edition 1.6 L Sports version too! I believe Maruti will ultimately bring them but only when the aging Swift will began to die.
Old 27th January 2015, 18:21   #372
BHPian

Quote:
I would appreciate such limited editions if Maruti Suzuki can come up with a "safety edition" with 2 airbags & ABS on the L & V variants. Even if it is limited to 5000 units, the speed at which they will be lapped up may give them the idea that customers do welcome safety features on the lower & middle variants. I know this would turn out to be an empty hope of mine.
Such an edition would be far more meaningful than gaudy sticker jobs. They can offer a safety pack like Toyota used to or Safety edition like in Tata Zest. But hoping for such a thing would be like
Old 27th January 2015, 19:01   #373
BHPian

MSIL does it again, and am sure the Aam Junta would be now running to their dealerships with wad of cash to book this eSpecial edition. They sure know how to play with the uninformed buyers. Glam, Feliz, Genus now Windsong! LoL! Those decals could have been avoided, Swift looks great sans all this vinyl jobs.

Looking at the Price cut, one tends to believe this is to reign in any potential Maruti customers from straying into the Tata showrooms. Thereby control the initial response for Bolt.
Old 27th January 2015, 19:35   #374
BHPian

Quote:
A Sony touchscreen music system with 4 speakers is included in the Windsong edition. This unit supports CD/DVD/VCD, USB, AUX-in, bluetooth and external mic.

The remaining equipment list remains the same as the 'V' spec Swift. Do note that this edition is available in Arctic White colour only.
I think it's Pearl White and not Arctic White. Also, the touchscreen system is enabled with SIRI eyes free control for iPhone.

Swift looks awesome in Pearl White and the grey with yellow combination decals in the white colour totally spoils the beauty of Pearl White.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 22:03   #375
BHPian

This limited edition would have been a good offering had Maruti not put those disgusting graphics there to spoil the whole look of the car. A small 'Windsong' in chrome below the Vxi/Vdi nomenclature at the rear would have been enough. Looks like Maruti will never learn the meaning of 'class act'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks