Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 19:04   #346
BHPian

Re: 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Paid a visit to the friendly neighborhood MSIL dealership to check out the Swift facelift and the "all-new" Alto K-10.
One look at the Head lamp, you can see huge panel gaps. Has the standard of MSL come down?
Old 5th November 2014, 19:16   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

Is it chrome or silver painted? It looks like silver painted strips to me from the pictures.
It is just a painted plastic piece. I found is quite similar to the silver finish on the OVRMs & door handles of the Duster.
satyamkaushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 21:58   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Paid a visit to the friendly neighborhood MSIL dealership to check out the Swift facelift and the "all-new" Alto K-10.

The variant in the pics is a Grey VDI ABS.

RavenAvi,

Did you get a chance to see/click the new mysterious violet coloured swift? I so want to see a real world photograph of it, I could only see the graphical rendering on the www so far. Inclined to buy it in case it ain't very unconventional
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 13:05   #349
BHPian

2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-violet.jpg

This is the new violet colour.
sheldon4888 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 15:07   #350
Senior - BHPian

I took a Ciaz test drive today and saw a new 2014 facelifted Swift ZXI parked there for display. Took a quick look under the car and under the bonnet and noticed few changes which i'm sharing here.

1) The Intake manifold runners looks longer and slender compared to the old 1.2K.
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-20141109_131045.jpg
2) The cam cover is now black like international models, it was left non coated in pre-facelfit.

3) The air cleaner's bell mouth intake is now plastic and a part of the airbox unlike the pre-facelift's unit which was a separate rubber piece.
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-20141109_131102.jpg
4) The rear muffler looks like a resonator muffler compared to the larger baffled muffler of the pre-face lift. It is also a single piece tube all the way upto the central resonator.
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-20141109_132031.jpg
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-20141109_132040.jpg
Sankar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 18:43   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon4888 View Post
Attachment 1307018

This is the new violet colour.
Wow! Thank you Sheldon! Your click is going to be a decision maker for me

I'm booking a violet ZXI right away, tomorrow morning. Got quotes from two different branches of the same dealer, zero discounts since this is a new model. However, when I asked for a test drive, he showed me a pre facelift version and said it's almost the same

The costs for extended warranty have not been communicated by MSIL, as per the SA. Pre facelift vehicles get a discount of Rs 25000, which makes the older ZXI a whole 50K INR cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-image.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th November 2014 at 08:44. Reason: Only two smileys permitted per post.
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 21:55   #352

Just paid for a new ZDi. Dealer is getting the car from the stockyard tomorrow for pre registration inspection. OTR cost in Navi mumbai comes to 8.25 with zero dep Maruti insurance. Will post a review once I get the registration done and have clocked a few kilometres next weekend.
Old 11th November 2014, 18:33   #353
BHPian

Hey Ramprakash your welcome!! even i have booked the new Swift diesel in violet colour must say the two new colours granite gray and violet are in demand

Clicked a granite gray car as well during my hunt around in the stockyard its very close to the gray which comes in Ertiga.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift Revealed-granite-gray.jpg  

Old 17th November 2014, 18:24   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Refreshed-swift-has-been-launched-rs442-lakhs
The following matter is mentioned at the above link-
The advanced thermal management system in diesel engine along with low friction engine oil and modified fuel injection system helps the diesel engine to warm up faster and reduce frictional losses.
The New Swift comes factory filled with low friction engine oil. But what about the Oil Change at MASS during Servicing? Would the MASS use such Low Friction Oil in New Swift?
i am sorry to deviate a little from the topic, but what exactly is this "Low friction" engine oil? Was the old engine oil high/more friction make!
Old 17th November 2014, 18:32   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
One look at the Head lamp, you can see huge panel gaps. Has the standard of MSL come down?
Aha, You saw it as well. Surprising, very few people noticed it.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 19:22   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
4) The rear muffler looks like a resonator muffler compared to the larger baffled muffler of the pre-face lift. It is also a single piece tube all the way upto the central resonator.
Attachment 1307061
Attachment 1307062
This is a nice catch.
Yes, it looks like a resonator to me as well .

Any idea why they would fix a resonator at the tail end? This means there is no muffler at all on this new system and wonder how that affects the sound if at all any.

EDIT: I am assuming the air intake and exhaust changes are done to improve the efficiency.

Last edited by tharian : 17th November 2014 at 19:29.
Old 17th November 2014, 19:26   #357
Senior - BHPian

Maruti use Low Friction Engine Oil in 2014 Suzuki Swift Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
The New Swift comes factory filled with low friction engine oil. But what about the Oil Change at MASS during Servicing? Would the MASS use such Low Friction Oil in New Swift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi
From my previous experiences, MASS always gets prior notice from Maruti in advance.
Sorry for late response.
Agreed that the ASCs get prior notice from their manufacturers in advance. But how many of the former follow it? IIRC, MASSs use Oil from 210 Ltrs Barrels and one cannot be assured what grade oil was used in his/her car as the store keeper could supply incorrect grade oil to the mechanic by mistake or deliberately (if the desired grade oil is unavailable). Means there is possibility that the mechanic might pour Engine Oil of Alto/Celerio/Wagon-R in Swift/Dzire.
Maruti vehicle owners please correct me if I am wrong.

From my personal experience-
1) Mahindra Xylo E8 ABS-(Engine Oil recommended by M&M- CH4)
M&MASSs use Engine Oil Cans (sealed by M&M) of 1/6/7 Ltrs (as the case may be) for all M&M vehicles (3/4 wheelers). When I used to take our Xylo for Oil Change at M&MASS, a 6 Ltr Can and a 1 Ltr Can (both sealed by M&M) were used. The mechanic used to break the seal of cans in front of me and pour it in our Xylo. All the fluids (Engine Oil, Gear Oil, Diff. Oil, Brake Fluid) come in Sealed Cans by M&M (packed by IOCL for M&M) in the designated quantity. The Cans mention the Specifications of the corresponding fluid.

2) Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor (Engine Oil recommended by TML- CF4+)
TASSs use 210 Ltrs Oil Barrels. After replacing the Engine Oil of our Indigo XL Grand Dicor for first time, the Engine Noise at idle rpm was very rough similar to DI Engine of Sumos. I complained this to that TASS as well as TML but to no avail. Now I am using CH4 or CI4 grade oil and the sound of Engine feels similar to that of CR4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46
i am sorry to deviate a little from the topic, but what exactly is this "Low friction" engine oil? Was the old engine oil high/more friction make!
I guess they have added low friction additives or it might be their way to name synthetic oil. Experts please correct me if wrong.

for Going
Old 17th November 2014, 19:29   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Aha, You saw it as well. Surprising, very few people noticed it.
It would be very interesting to know the feed back about the panel gaps from the owners. Owners, any feed back please?
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 19:59   #359
BHPian

Well, I got a November 2014 Swift ZXi delivered just a few days ago. I'm still exploring the car. What I'd like to know is if the redline has changed from the previous 6400 rpm. I did notice that the peak power is 84.3 @ 6000 instead of the previous 87 @ 6200...

Can anyone tell me? I'd rather not redline it till I finish the 1000km...I'm just curious
Old 1st January 2015, 21:55   #360
BHPian

@nuke, the redline should be indicate on the tachometer of your car itself. Since the change is only in tuning/mapping for fuel efficiency and not in engine dimensions or material, the redline should remain unchanged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks