Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 17:30   #331
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
After famous fluidic theme on the exterior Hyundai is following beige fall model for interior design it seems. That dash board top looks pathetic! and overall this car has no character.
Its not new for Hyundai, they have used full beige in i10 which is quite a successful car in India.
Old 5th August 2014, 17:57   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I don't think the entire top portion of the dashboard is beige. If you look closely, the part that might cause a reflection which is close to the windscreen is black.
The picture is so much over exposed that the front part is blazed out. I can't make it out if that is black at the front or not.

Quote:
Well, you cant put any buttons or a screen on the passenger side dash, can you?
Agreed. But we have seen better designs from Hyundai. The black and beige part is arranged in some way which breaks the monotony.
Example? Please see this:

Quote:
Most of the cars in India which feature a Start/Stop button, have them on the left side. For example the i10 Grand, Verna, City, Fiesta, Ecosport etc. I think the new Swift will have it on the right side of the steering wheel.
I own a Grand i10. It is on the right side of the steering wheel.
Please check below:

The Start-Stop buttons are latest additions. But key holes used to reside on the right and we are more accustomed with that. So, IMHO, putting the push button would have been a more logical stuff to do. However, grand being the only exception and the upcoming Swift, all other cars seem to have it on the left side.
Old 5th August 2014, 18:28   #333
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the entire top portion of the dashboard is beige. If you look closely, the part that might cause a reflection which is close to the windscreen is black.
Exactly. So it is not full beige like first gen i10 so no more talk about it. Here is more clear one to ensure it.
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20interior.jpg
vijayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 18:44   #334
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

In the process of diluting their "fluidic" designs, which many have criticized, Hyundai has now made one boring car. The first i20 had character in its design but this most definitely doesn't. Within a few months people will even get over the LEDs. The interiors do seem impressive and I am sure this car will sell for its features (haven't read about them, but I'm pretty sure Hyundai will be providing many "premium" gizmos) and space but overall, I am disappointed.
Old 5th August 2014, 18:58   #335
BANNED

I will take the current i20 after seeing the pictures of the new one.

Some more pics from ACI..

http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....20#entry164077

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th August 2014 at 07:36. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 5th August 2014, 20:37   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
1.4 Petrol seem to be missing here. Also no mention about automatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What? No automatic variant? That's a huge disappointment. Hyundai has always provided automatic versions of all their cars except the Eon.
No AT variant in the Elite i20. Hyundai might add it later, depending on demand. I think they are not offering it purposefully, to avoid pricing clash with the XCent AT variants.

No 1.4 Petrol on offer either.

I had access to the Elite i20 Manifesto earlier today, and got to check all the colors in production (the 5 shades I mentioned in my earlier post in the previous page), the variants (5 petrol, 5 diesel), and also had a peek at the dealer price valued for the Asta petrol.

The price which is mentioned in there is Rs. 6,77,000/-, which translates to about 30,000/- rupees costlier than the "Fluidic" i20 Asta. Taking all things into consideration, I would say that the Elite i20 Asta Petrol should be at 7.5L OTR, New Delhi, give or take a few thousand rupees.

Exact pricing will be known by tomorrow only.

Meanwhile, here are some more fresh pictures of the Elite i20, courtesy Vatsal Shah's Facebook page (via Gaadi):

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20dashboard.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20musicsystem.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20ac.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20gear.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20speedo.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20cluster.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20wheel.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-spied2015hyundaielitei20doortrim.jpg

The variant snapped up is the Red 1.4 CRDI Asta, and it can be seen that it has 6 gears, digital temperature gauge and fuel indicator, and a low fuel warning system.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2014 at 20:41.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 21:05   #337
Senior - BHPian

The Doorpad on the drivers side is straight lift from the 5series !! I don't think we can complain
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-copiedthe5.jpg  

nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 22:07   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The variant snapped up is the Red 1.4 CRDI Asta, and it can be seen that it has 6 gears, digital temperature gauge and fuel indicator, and a low fuel warning system.
Except for console or that's a really high revving diesel with a 6500rpm redline
needmorebhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 07:15   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Except for console or that's a really high revving diesel with a 6500rpm redline
Ah, yes. Apologies to all.

There's a Silver VTVT Asta in the pics as well, so the ODO photos must have been of that one. Slight differences in the central console pics also indicate that both are from either car. I stand corrected.

The gear lever is definitely of the diesel though.

I had just returned home and was too excited to notice the redline in the RPM meters. My bad.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 07:49   #340
BHPian

How about the rear door pad? In iGen i20, the rear door pad is boring without any pockets. It will be good if Hyundai provide something to store at least half a liter bottle or document holder etc.!

With increased wheelbase and wider stance, I am highly hopeful that they worked on the suspension and handling of the car. Anxious to read about the T-BHP review soon.
Old 6th August 2014, 10:27   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why doesnt the i20 yet have the fuel consumption information? It was sorely missed in the previous models (facelift as well as iGen).

Last edited by _raVan_ : 6th August 2014 at 10:31.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:54   #342
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a Silver VTVT Asta in the pics as well, so the ODO photos must have been of that one. Slight differences in the central console pics also indicate that both are from either car.
RavenAvi, the next time you take a look at the cars or the birdie happens to chip in with some info, could you please find out more about the safety feature list on the different variants?

I mean things like the number of airbags, ABS, rear disc brakes, auto locking doors, reverse camera etc. and which of these would feature in the different variants.

We're eagerly waiting for more information inputs from you. Thanks in advance!

P.S.: If you can get hold of a VIN, preferably of an Asta trim-level car, that would be great as well!

Last edited by RSR : 6th August 2014 at 12:04.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 13:02   #343
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
RavenAvi, the next time you take a look at the cars or the birdie happens to chip in with some info, could you please find out more about the safety feature list on the different variants?

I mean things like the number of airbags, ABS, rear disc brakes, auto locking doors, reverse camera etc. and which of these would feature in the different variants.

We're eagerly waiting for more information inputs from you. Thanks in advance!

P.S.: If you can get hold of a VIN, preferably of an Asta trim-level car, that would be great as well!
Will answer your queries as we have the brochure now.

Only 2 airbags (even on Asta), no rear disc brake, reverse camera on top 3 versions (display on IRVM). Hope that answers it
BunnyPunia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 13:08   #344
Team-BHP Support

All that beige on the dashboard is going to make life hell for the driver on sunny days. While the lighter colour is pleasing to the eye and breaks the monotony, it's certainly going to hinder vision.
Old 6th August 2014, 13:14   #345
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Will answer your queries as we have the brochure now.

Only 2 airbags (even on Asta), no rear disc brake, reverse camera on top 3 versions (display on IRVM). Hope that answers it
Thank you!

Isn't there an Asta(O) with 6 airbags as before? If not, then it's a very sad development.

What about the rear discs on the diesel variants with ABS? Some spy pictures clearly indicated that some test mules had them.

And finally, how many airbags (if any) are present on any of the lower variants? ABS?

I see that you haven't (yet) posted the brochure on your site. Any plans of posting it, or did your source request you to refrain from doing so?

Last edited by RSR : 6th August 2014 at 13:20.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks