Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 16:57   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Is that the interior shot of i20?? Man that looks like from D Segment car! Absolutely stunning. Does not the car look(Exterior) like one from Citroen stable except for the Hyundai badge.
Sure to see some pimped up i20's on the roads. Wish they launch with some better engine options,Petrol in particular. Oh yes and a steering wheel with some good feedback.
Old 1st August 2014, 17:10   #257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Speaking of switches and buttons, don't these look suspiciously like the ones for cruise control?

They cannot be the audio/phone buttons, as they are all clustered together on the left of the steering. It's possible that they could be ones to control the MID, but the +/- toggle button makes one believe it could be the cruise control ones. What do you think?
I don’t suppose the buttons on the right spoke are for cruise control. All their models with cruise control have a ‘RES +’, ‘SET -‘ and 'CANCEL' buttons on the right spoke.

For instance:

Santa Fe:
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2013hyundaisantafesteeringwheel.jpg

Sonata:
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-rszhyundaisonatasteeringwheel.jpg

Elantra:
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-rszhyundaielantrasteeringwheel.jpg

This one looks like the Verna’s right spoke buttons:
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-hyundaivernafluidicdieselautomaticsteering.jpg

Just the arrows pointing up and down.

I kind of liked the facelift. It has shed the feminine looks of the previous i20.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 18:25   #258
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I don’t suppose the buttons on the right spoke are for cruise control. All their models with cruise control have a ‘RES +’, ‘SET -‘ and 'CANCEL' buttons on the right spoke.
Thank you for taking the trouble to post those pictures!

Now it's quite obvious they aren't cruise control buttons. I guess they must be the control buttons for the MID, then. Maybe one of those is a button to change the steering mode (like on the Santa Fe), perhaps? We shall know on the 11th.

Last edited by RSR : 1st August 2014 at 18:36.
Old 1st August 2014, 18:31   #259
BHPian

The interiors look superb & really upmarket.But somehow, the exteriors don't gel well with it.Overall, it seems out of proportion at many places, but that may be because of the aspect ratio of the photos too.May be some more shots from different angles will give a cleaner idea.

But still, I somehow feel that the new model has some identity crisis.With that bulging muscular rear-end, long bonnet and enormous proportions evident in most places, it seems that Hyundai wants to change the classy elegant image of the current i20 to that of a pseudo muscle-car with this upgrade. If only they plonked in the 1.6 VTVT (or atleast the 1.4 VTVT) to go with all this show,instead of the same old, under-powered 1.2 kappa2 !
Old 1st August 2014, 18:34   #260
BHPian

In the interior pics shown here we can see the ICE unit turned on. It is the same display as in Grand. Only the button alignments are different.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/interio...ndai-i20-spied

IMO the start-stop button should have remained on the right side. In the latest scoop pictures they appear to have moved to the left of the steering wheel and that too at a not-so-easily-reachable position.
g_saunak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 19:04   #261
BHPian

The car looks good and is definitely a decent application of the fluidic theme. I just hope hyundai does not do a Grand i10 by providing safety features in the top end. Atleast 2 Airbags and ABS should be standard or available in mid variant. RJ
Looking at the interiors I feel this car will be priced at quite a premium to the old car now that the difference between the present i20 and grand i10 is miniscule. I have heard many complaints regarding Liva and Figo with respect to GC. Any idea how the i20 fares in that respect.?
Old 1st August 2014, 19:13   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
The car looks good and is definitely a decent application of the fluidic theme. I just hope hyundai does not do a Grand i10 by providing safety features in the top end. Atleast 2 Airbags and ABS should be standard or available in mid variant. RJ
Looking at the interiors I feel this car will be priced at quite a premium to the old car now that the difference between the present i20 and grand i10 is miniscule. I have heard many complaints regarding Liva and Figo with respect to GC. Any idea how the i20 fares in that respect.?
I don't think the car will be priced at premium because the proximity of the Verna. The presence of polo. I had a talk with a dealer in Chandigarh. They are not telling the price but saying must be on the lines of outgoing model.
Old 1st August 2014, 19:24   #263
Senior - BHPian

This car joins a long list of incomplete cars in India. From purely a looks/interior/exterior standpoint I believe Hyundai has a winner. Just plonk 1.2 TSI or 1.5 TDI from Polo with DSG in this car and we have the most complete car anyone would want in Indian driving conditions.

However thats not to be. The same anaemic engines continue with old school petrol automatic. Hyundai have missed a trick. In Bangalore roads driving a manual is a pain. Driving a petrol is a pain. Driving itself is a pain.

Need of the hour, a good-looking hatch with diesel DSG under 15 lakhs.
Old 1st August 2014, 19:50   #264
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
In the interior pics shown here we can see the ICE unit turned on. It is the same display as in Grand. Only the button alignments are different.
Well spotted! The ICE display, at least, is the same as that on the Grand i10/Xcent, though the unit itself has a different layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
IMO the start-stop button should have remained on the right side. In the latest scoop pictures they appear to have moved to the left of the steering wheel and that too at a not-so-easily-reachable position.
But it has always been in the same position on the Indian i20! That is, between the centre console/air-con vents and the steering column. That international version is an LHD one, so the start-stop button is to the right of the steering, but in the same position (by design) between the centre console and steering column.

It's position on the Indian version is actually very easily reachable, and quite intuitive too. The left index finger quickly and automatically gets used to the job of firing the engine and shutting it off.

Last edited by RSR : 1st August 2014 at 19:51.
Old 1st August 2014, 22:16   #265
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thank you to Sanket Shah for sharing the following pictures with us. Location = Mumbai.

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-img20140801wa0002.jpg

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-img20140801wa0003.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 22:21   #266
Team-BHP Support

I was really hopeful that as a true next-gen offering Hyundai may add a Diesel AT box. But looks like that would never happen.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 22:23   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you to Sanket Shah for sharing the following pictures with us. Location = Mumbai.
Looks very FORDISH , from the front at least!! Hope it handles as well.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd August 2014 at 08:48. Reason: fixing the quote tags.
Old 1st August 2014, 22:25   #268
Senior - BHPian

Woo hoo! Hyundai is really turning up the heat in the B-segment. Not even a month since the launch of the new Polo and the new Punto Evo, they already have a tough competitor in the form of the new i20. The interiors are a class apart and, knowing Hyundai's usual quality, fit and finish, the i20 will undoubtedly be the best in class. Though the front end does look a tad disproportionate with the unusually long hood, we will have to wait until official launch and press images to gauge the styling.

Hyundai has another winner in its lineup.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:41   #269
BHPian

SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Got a few from my friend. Probably these pictures came here already!

SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406949049.673293.jpg
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406949063.072551.jpgSCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406949076.525355.jpg

Photos courtesy: Fly Wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by connect2prashan : 2nd August 2014 at 08:42.
Old 2nd August 2014, 08:57   #270
BHPian

More I see, it reminds me of Mazda 3 http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=M3H
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks