Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 19:12   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)

As much as the new Jazz is likable, the Mugen kit, to me, looks quite tacky in comparison.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:01   #197
BHPian

Honda Jazz 2014 launched in Japan. Looks awesome and extremely practical. You can visit following link for a 3D view

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/3d/

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-2014a.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-honda-jazz-2014b.png
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-3.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-1.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-4.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-5.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-6.jpg
Name:  7.png
Views: 17311
Size:  479.4 KB
Name:  8.png
Views: 18056
Size:  340.8 KB
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-9.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-10.jpg
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-11.jpg
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 11:38   #198
Senior - BHPian

To me the latest Jazz/ Fit is a evolution of the old design (with new design language), & not exactly a new design afterall. Not that it was a bad car, but, in fact it was a wonderful/ brilliant package IMO, but still I'm thinking aloud .

However, it makes commercial sense to the company, for a model that has been a success, not to alter the identity radically, which is almost in terms of what the European auto majors have been following in principle over successive model years.
Old 9th September 2013, 04:19   #199
BHPian

Not sure If anyone will agree with me, But I when I saw the new Nissan Versa Note ads on the TV, the first thing i thought was Of Honda fit.

Well someone seems to be proactive in stealing the thunder of the new Honda fit from the American Market. Reminds of the Kia Forte/Civic Copy issue.

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-versa1.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-versa2.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-versa3.jpg

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-versa4.jpg
Old 9th September 2013, 05:15   #200
MHG
BHPian

Wonder if Honda will do a Hyundai (i20) with the 2014 Jazz in India, i.e, load it up to the brim with equipment (especially stuff like 6-9 airbags, ESP, TC, etc which everyone shies away from offering to Indians) and offer it for sale with the top-end model priced around 750k. Ditto for the 2014 City as well. The Jazz and the City can now be pushed higher up in the market because the Brio and the Amaze can safely takeover the lower end of Honda's hatchback and sedan market. Plus, there is room for the new City to head north to where the Civic used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Not sure If anyone will agree with me, But I when I saw the new Nissan Versa Note ads on the TV, the first thing i thought was Of Honda fit.
Actually, the Nissan Versa Note pictures you put up seem to resemble the Prius-c more than anything else
Old 9th September 2013, 16:35   #201
BHPian

The new Fit is on the roads in Japan now! Fabulous news. Even better is the 4WD CVT on offer with both 1.5 & 1.3l engine. Doubt that will make it here.

The cubbies are all there, so are those amazing magic seats, the dash is a hit and a miss and a single glove box is offered instead of the erstwhile two. The biased towards white interiors look really good, better than beige! Makes it feel more roomy. Most importantly, just hope Honda tune its suspension up, beef it up and ensure it gives a flat ride. It is a looker already. Expect people to call it a 'mini City' when it lands here.
Old 9th September 2013, 16:48   #202
MYB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Honda Jazz 2014 launched in Japan. Looks awesome and extremely practical.
I hope this model makes it to India as is, apart from those toy car like alloys! The alloys in the last two renders (Orange and Wine shades) look a tad better though. That boot space looks humongous! Can even sleep there literally! Leg room too looks quite generous. If Honda can stretch this car a bit or even if it smartly manipulates the seating position, we might even have an Ertiga competitor (keeping Brio MPV aside for a moment) on cards. Just my humble opinion though.
Old 18th September 2013, 00:28   #203
BHPian

First look at the all new dash board. Chunky knobs is a good sign! Will we get a start/stop button & the CVT? Time will tell. The cluster looks cool in blue. Apparently when ECON mode is on, the blue light turns green, indicating that you're driving pretty economically. Nice touch. Notice the little button below ECON? Some how find the arrangement of the vents a little odd. Passenger misses out on the cup holder and twin glove boxes. Finally we get a dead pedal this time!

More photos here:
http://paultan.org/2013/09/05/honda-jazz-fit-japan/
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-fit05.jpg  

Old 18th September 2013, 00:36   #204
BHPian

Forgot to add this most important part, the overall dimensions. Measures up with similar figures like the out going model. The arm rest is partial to the passenger!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-fit20.jpg  

The 2015 Honda Jazz (3rd-gen)-fit16.jpg  

Old 18th September 2013, 01:07   #205
BHPian

I have been driving the jazz for almost 4 years now and I must admit that I have loved each day of ownership. I'm extremely pleased it will be back with more improvements on what already was almost a flawless car!

Space is immense in this new one and the picture with 4 suitcases has inspired me to see how many I could stow in mine! I'm guessing 3. I hope the gadgetry improves...have SORELY missed auto climate control and USB input to name the least. Omission of any of the 10 cup holders would be unacceptable!

I'm in a bit of a confusion regarding the launch of the new gen 2014 jazz. The thing is I bought mine for the very expensive initial price tag of 8 lacs OTR. After two years they dropped the price to 5.5 lacs which slapped me hard in terms of potential resale value. Now what worries me is that the its the usual period during ownership when one considers if it would be wise to change the car. I am thinking the same. A small SUV would be nice to drive after 4 years of the jazz's low ground clearance and a painfully hard suspension. Would it be wise to sell it off before the new jazz is launched or would the launch help in regaining some resale value by instilling in the minds of people that the jazz is a quality premium hatch and a doctor driven second hand one is a good deal?
Old 18th September 2013, 01:09   #206
BHPian

In all honesty, I do not believe the Jazz/Fit will make it to the shores of India. Here are my reasons:

1. The first one was a market dud. They had to bring the price down drastically to clear out their assembly line stock, forget orders placed for spares/inventory.
2. Even with the price drop, perceptions had been created that this could never be a mass seller.
3. If memory serves me, there was some talk that Honda was supposed to be making a loss with every Jazz they sold. I don't know if this is true but if it is, there is simply no reason to bring it to these markets.
4. With the way the INR is behaving, unless there is a massive correction between now and when its launched, it will share the same fate as the discontinued Jazz if its launched here.

Don't get me wrong, I simply adored the previous gen Jazz and love the chunky theme in the new gen too but I don't think its going to make sense for Honda to go through the effort of selling this here because I dont think it is going to make any money here. Production may happen in Indian factories but i believe those will be for Intl. markets, not for Indian markets.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 18th September 2013 at 01:11.
Old 18th September 2013, 09:29   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
In all honesty, I do not believe the Jazz/Fit will make it to the shores of India.
The new Honda Jazz will definitely launched in Indian market. At least that is what the information given by Honda India's top officials while announcing the current generation Honda Jazz's retirement. Now the pricing part we need to wait and see. Like Ford India, Honda also has started understanding Indian customer's mindset. So I think they will price this car sensibly.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:30   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
Wonder if Honda will do a Hyundai (i20) with the 2014 Jazz in India, i.e, load it up to the brim with equipment (especially stuff like 6-9 airbags, ESP, TC, etc which everyone shies away from offering to Indians) and offer it for sale with the top-end model priced around 750k. Ditto for the 2014 City as well. The Jazz and the City can now be pushed higher up in the market because the Brio and the Amaze can safely takeover the lower end of Honda's hatchback and sedan market. Plus, there is room for the new City to head north to where the Civic used to be.

Actually, the Nissan Versa Note pictures you put up seem to resemble the Prius-c more than anything else
Apparently, from what I've read and heard, that is the plan. The City will become longer and wider and snap at the heels, in terms of price, of where the Civic used to start. In all of Honda's launch plans, they've never mentioned the Civic. We've heard of a City replacement, Jazz replacement, Brio MPV and Urban SUV but no Civic. I think that's because the City model change will occupy some of the price points vacated by the Civic. The City segment anyway does better than the Civic segment in our market.

Quote:
In all honesty, I do not believe the Jazz/Fit will make it to the shores of India. Here are my reasons:

1. The first one was a market dud. They had to bring the price down drastically to clear out their assembly line stock, forget orders placed for spares/inventory.
2. Even with the price drop, perceptions had been created that this could never be a mass seller.
3. If memory serves me, there was some talk that Honda was supposed to be making a loss with every Jazz they sold. I don't know if this is true but if it is, there is simply no reason to bring it to these markets.
4. With the way the INR is behaving, unless there is a massive correction between now and when its launched, it will share the same fate as the discontinued Jazz if its launched here.

Don't get me wrong, I simply adored the previous gen Jazz and love the chunky theme in the new gen too but I don't think its going to make sense for Honda to go through the effort of selling this here because I dont think it is going to make any money here. Production may happen in Indian factories but i believe those will be for Intl. markets, not for Indian markets.
Honda has said they will reintroduce the Jazz. This time I think they will be smarter and possibly position it as a low-volume, niche product - sort of like the Polo GT variants (those are an indication of how the market has changed in a very short time.)

For all its mass failure, it did attract a group of buyers who appreciated what the car was about. Honda has said that the Jazz (previous gen) cost them more to make than the City because of all the reinforcements required to the rear hatch to withstand an impact from the back. Unless they dumb it down for India, I don't see how they can price it competitively. As MHG said, maybe it's not a market they want to fight in at all, considering that they now have the Amaze sedan.

Separately, the Jazz cost/rear hatch issue makes you wonder about the safety of the Brio, doesn't it?

Last edited by StarScream : 18th September 2013 at 10:33.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

And when they did bring it down there was a surge in bookings resulting in a massive waiting period - including me who had zeroed in on it post the price reduction but ended up buying the Fabia owing to time needed for delivery.

There is a lot of work which Honda can do to drive the price down and i think a good pricing should boost this car.

Quote:
1. The first one was a market dud. They had to bring the price down drastically to clear out their assembly line stock
Old 18th September 2013, 11:04   #210
Senior - BHPian

Yes, there was a lot interest generated when the car was discounted. But unfortunately, the Thiland floods affected the production IIRC, and people who waited for a year moved on.

If it is launched again at similar price points (not the absurd prices it was launched before), it will definitely sell well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks